PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ZX6R / Yamaha YZF R6

Mister Z
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Just apologizing ahead of time if this is the wrong area for this post.

When I get back to the States I'm looking into buying a new bike, but I'm leaning toward the Kawasaki slightly more than the Yamaha. Just interested in some of your opinions on both bikes... Highly appreciated on all your inputs thanks!

Vellos
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
All the asian super-sports are in the same performance range. Just really depends on personal preference IMO.

Mother Goose
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Agreed. Get the one that makes you tight in the pants.

And moving to General Bike Talk.

tecknojoe
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Performance is the same

I personally like the way the yamaha is put together. working on it is easy. My buddy switched from the yam to the kawi and he hates working on his new bike

Vellos
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
The fairings on Kawi's are retarded, but if you don't do your own work then it doesn't really matter. I chose my bike because of its aesthetics and comfort.

Think
Sat Apr 30th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Why aren't you considering Honda or Suzuki? Or maybe even Triumph?

Mister Z
Sun May 1st, 2011, 08:47 AM
:think: Not really a big fan on Honda and I have a Suzuki, so I would like to try something new. More of a growing up thing I guess for the choices of those two bikes...

Why aren't you considering Honda or Suzuki? Or maybe even Triumph?

laspariahs
Sun May 1st, 2011, 10:36 AM
I really don't have an issue working on my 09 ZX6R, it's pretty simple, I guess it could be easier, but it doesn't bother me in the least. Compared to working on a German car......