PDA

View Full Version : Rampart open

Bueller
Sun May 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Email I got today.

The Forest Service finished up their work a couple days ahead of schedule and
has opened the gates as of Friday, April 29th. The trails and parking areas
should also be open.

Keep in mind that the forest thinning going on over the winter may have impacted
some of the trails and there could be more debris and hazzards than usual. As
always keep your eyes peeled and stay alert.

Enjoy the season!

-RRMMC

I am racing next weekend but maybe a campout the following.

Matty
Sun May 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
Sweet!!!

Zach929rr
Sun May 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM
Niiiiice.

Vehicle 1
Sun May 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
:rock:

brennahm
Sun May 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Baller.

GregsGSXR
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
I am going up tomorrow (5/3) for a couple hours. Maybe dong Buds for lunch

Ricky
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Awesome!!!

Zach929rr
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
I am going up tomorrow (5/3) for a couple hours. Maybe dong Buds for lunch

Not sure if I want to go after the snow..... hmmmmmmmmmmm. Super tempted though. Supposed to be real nice tomorrow.

Bueller
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Not sure if I want to go after the snow..... hmmmmmmmmmmm. Super tempted though. Supposed to be real nice tomorrow.

There ain't no snow up there

FZRguy
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:37 AM
Someone go and post up conditions.

Sean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
Is there any of it that's good on a big bike? I'd like to do some more technical stuff but don't want to get in over my head.

asp_125
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
Is there any of it that's good on a big bike? I'd like to do some more technical stuff but don't want to get in over my head.

Yeah... not really beemer sized either.

Zach929rr
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 07:50 AM

What did you end up getting again? Like a KTM 1400?

Sean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
What did you end up getting again? Like a KTM 1400? Does KTM make a 1400?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=554532&postcount=739

Zach929rr
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
No they don't, hence why I asked. :lol:

I've never had a big bike on rampart, but the guys that I've seen bring em don't have too fun of a time.

Matty
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
I know McVahhh did a few of the blue rated trails on his KLX650.

Bueller
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
You can ride Rampart Range Road with the rest of the monster dual sports. Dakan rd. And Jackson Creek rd are doable. There are parts of the beginner trail 627 that would be easily ridden. But there are some loose steep parts too.

Warren
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I rode some stuff on my klr. I don't know how the bikes compare through

Devaclis
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:17 AM
My DRZ is almost as fat as your mom. An like your mom, I can ride it all over Rampart with no issues. A KLR may not like some of the stuff but a decent rider can handle it there.

Just remember:

DO NOT follow Buellers line. He does stupid shit sometimes (quote from the man himself) :)

Bueller
Thu May 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
:imwithstupid:

Warren
Thu May 5th, 2011, 10:30 AM
My DRZ is almost as fat as your mom. An like your mom, I can ride it all over Rampart with no issues. A KLR may not like some of the stuff but a decent rider can handle it there.

Just remember:

DO NOT follow Buellers line. He does stupid shit sometimes (quote from the man himself) :)

I am no decent rider if I can do it anyone can

Bueller
Thu May 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Any interest in either Friday noonish or Saturday? Will be very wet and very tractioney.

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Since the majority (all) the conversation on this is happening on FB and some people are too stubborn to get a FB account *cough* Dean, I am planning on being in the main North Lot @ 9:30 ish and Splashing in the puddles by 10:00.
Super-tards might or might not enjoy these conditions depending on mud levels.

Sean
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
After doing the stupid shit I just did in Moab, I'm thinking I can handle some trails at Rampart. So what I'm gathering is that you have to go buy a map to Rampart from a local shop, is that right? And they are color coded depending on difficulty?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Since the majority (all) the conversation on this is happening on FB and some people are too stubborn to get a FB account *cough* Dean, I am planning on being in the main North Lot @ 9:30 ish and Splashing in the puddles by 10:00.
Super-tards might or might not enjoy these conditions depending on mud levels.Like I need another on-line place to act like an idiot!! One is enough for me. :-)

We've got this beautiful site for bikes already set up and everyone is now on FB? Where you guys gonna go when everyone gets tired of FB? Twitter?

YouTube, Twitter and Face Book are going to merge. They'll call it, "You Twit Face".

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM
After doing the stupid shit I just did in Moab, I'm thinking I can handle some trails at Rampart. So what I'm gathering is that you have to go buy a map to Rampart from a local shop, is that right? And they are color coded depending on difficulty?

Not color coded on map but they are rated, the trail head signs have colored symbols on them.

Start with Log Jumper off of Sugar Creek Rd. It is rated easy/green :shock:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri May 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Looks like i will be able to join you fools in the next few weeks. most likely on phloaters DR650!!! :hump:

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I am having a hell of a time getting the KTM to fire, I have Kicked it well over Ten Minutes. I am going to go grab a fresh plug but if it wont kick over here soon I may be screwed for tomorrow.

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Ok I got her running so I will be there.

FZRguy
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
damn two-smokes

Bueller
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
No shit, my foot is sore as hell kicking that thing with tennis shoes. I thenk I bruised the arch of my kicking foot.

Well it looks like the interest has wained due to fair weather syndrome. So I am going to postpone until Monday as I don't like to ride alone.

GregsGSXR
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I have Monday off if you don't mind waiting for me to catch up.

Bueller
Sun May 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
That'll be fine Greg, I'll let you know what we're doing as soon as I know :lol: