PDA

View Full Version : How Kawasaki WSBK team makes up for lack of sponsorship...

UglyDogRacing
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/kawasaki-world-superbike-team-trucks-drugs-gun/

aerofaze
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:16 AM
:pointlaugh: and :wtf:

sprtbkbabe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Paul Bird's statement :

May 2011 15:00

Following media speculation, Paul Bird Motorsport can confirm that a quantity of banned substances had been deposited in a race transporter while the vehicle was in Holland attending the recent Assen World Superbike event.

The substances, along with a number of other illegal items, were discovered upon the vehicle's return to the UK at the port of Dover during a routine examination by HM Customs.

Naturally, the discovery came as a shock to the whole team, including those who were present during the search. The team are confident that no team member has any connection whatsoever with the items discovered. No one has been detained after the time of the search and all team members are able to undertake their normal duties.

There is no suggestion of the Paul Bird Motorsport Team being involved in illegal activities and no other team members have been interviewed following the incident. The team staff present at the time of the search and discovery enjoy the full support and confidence of the team and all involved are determined to offer their full cooperation to HM Customs in their ongoing investigations.

Understandably, the team are now taking stringent measures to increase the security of their vehicles as they travel throughout Europe in future. Despite the personal effect on the team, Paul Bird Motorsport will be attending the next World Superbike event at Monza, Italy at full strength and with a determination to focus on the Championship.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-ne...otorsport.html (http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/7311-statement-from-paul-bird-motorsport.html)

OUTLAWD
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
hey man...can't they have a little fun at the end of the day...

rybo
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, because I'm sure that I wouldn't notice and extra 400 lbs of stuff in the race hauler along with a handgun laying in plain view.

"Paul Bird Motorsports says that they place bliners on their mechanics and technicins when they are not working on motorcycles as a management technique for improving focus at the events. Said Paul "We find our technicians work best when the motorcycle is their primary focus. In recent months we've had a problem with our help seeming nervous, almost paranioid. We've also noticed a tendancy towards weight loss and sleeplessness. We've not been able to isolate the root cause of our personnel problem, so have resorted to using blinders and blindfolds on them to reduce outside stimulus and place their minds at ease. It seemed to be working until yesterday when we realized that their reduced powers of observation opened the team up to abuses by unknown outside agents."

CaneZach
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
I read about this on the WERA board yesterday. My first thought, after reading Paul Bird Motorsport's statement is, "You've got to be kidding me!" No one, and I mean NOOO OOOONE, tosses 400 lbs. of drugs into a truck and just hopes it'll make it. Someone on that team is involved, so I expect a pit crew openeing with Paul Bird Motorsport to come up soon.