PDA

View Full Version : Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
You all know my bitching about not being able to find work!! I'm out of money at the end of this month, too.

A couple weeks ago my bank calls and says they can save me over $1,000/month if I want to refinance. I'm like, "hell yeah! and tell them Arapahoe values my house at only $201,000." They tell me it's no problem because they don't use county assessments, so my house will come in higher. I needed a value of $220,000 to re-fi. A week later the bank calls me back and says my house is only worth $190,000 because of the foreclosures in my neighborhood and I can't re-fi.

I haven't worked in almost two years and have never missed or been late on ANY of our bills!! My bank tells us that we are "Top 100" customers because of our history with them. Both our credit scores are over 700 and those assholes are going to base my situation on the assholes that didn't pay their bills!! That's bull shit!!

I've met with several people from the mortgage dept., raising hell that this isn't right. They look up my value again and come back with an even lower $182,000. I tell them that if they are going to base my situation on people who don't pay their bills, then I'm going to become one as well.

Anyway, here's the point. My bank gives me paper work to go to the county and get my value reduced for my property taxes. I was going to go down today, but on Saturday, we got a letter from the county stating they raised my value to $213,100. They base this value on sales that took place in April of 2009, two years ago. I can appeal, but can't use any sales data past June 30, 2010.

How can they do this? Fucking thieves!! More proof that the government isn't doing shit to fix a damn thing!!

salsashark
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I hear ya... I received both of my assessments on Saturday. I think it's brilliant they send them out on a Saturday so that people can't flood they're offices as soon as they get them.

You want to see a brilliant assessment, I'll show you my townhouse. They used foreclosure sales around 60K less than what I bought mine for :banghead:

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
same here...mine came in over the weekend and I lost around $25k value to the house and property.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
You guys got yours lowered. They RAISED mine based on sales from two years ago!!

UglyDogRacing
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Arapahoe County raised mine by 15k. :roll:

vort3xr6
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am a new homeowner. Should I be expecting this from somewhere? I live in Jefferson county.

sprtbkbabe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27689827/detail.html

I don't know how anyone within the metro area can have their parcel appraised higher. This state's gone almost bankrupt! :poo:

When I called the 'Hope for Homeowners' a couple of years ago to see if I could lower payments since I knew the housing mkt was going to go lower, they said that they would not review my loan because I paid on time.

Funny though, the Bank of America rep said that if I stop paying for 3 months, it forces them to review the loan no matter; a loan modification. I can't bring myself to skip a payment though.

bulldog
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Got mine on Saturday and lost $17k in value :(

Vellos
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Arapahoe County Home Value Index (http://www.zillow.com/local-info/CO-Arapahoe-County-home-value/r_2127/#metric=mt%3D34%26dt%3D1%26tp%3D5%26rt%3D6%26r%3D2 127%26el%3D0)

Graphite675
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
You guys got yours lowered. They RAISED mine based on sales from two years ago!!

I hear you. Mine just got raised also (El Paso county). My taxes just went up several hundreds dollars year because of it. How can that be?? Properties are not selling and going down in value yet my tax value is going up? What they listed on my taxes as "market" value on my house is way over priced. No way it would sell for anything near that right now. I'm all for raising the value of the house but let's be realistic. It's just another scam for the Gov to make money.

I'm never going to get ahead in this economy! I was better off 10 years ago then I am now.
ARGH!

rforsythe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Mine went up last year a bit, about 13k down this year. I don't care much, it's lower taxes for me and I'm not selling for a long time, so they can keep it low until then as far as I'm concerned.

Banks will fuck ya too. Good customers are getting screwed right now as part of the whole "help the penniless" push.

Rooster
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
I hear you. Mine just got raised also (El Paso county). My taxes just went up several hundreds dollars year because of it. How can that be?? Properties are not selling and going down in value yet my tax value is going up? What they listed on my taxes as "market" value on my house is way over priced. No way it would sell for anything near that right now. I'm all for raising the value of the house but let's be realistic. It's just another scam for the Gov to make money.

I'm never going to get ahead in this economy! I was better off 10 years ago then I am now.
ARGH!

same with me, got my shit in saturday and my tax value raised a little over 15K. but when i called the bank to review it they said my value dropped 20K because people in my neighborhood have forclosed on there homes and it makes the neighborhood bad or something. WTF!!!!!
this country and especially state has all gone to hell. how the fuck can they raise my tax value but lower my house value. its just a way for the state to fuck us in paying them more. now with me out of a job and going to school im gonna end up losing my house and having to move back to maryland under my in-laws roof! this is bullshit! my hands are literally shaking cause im so mad.

Rooster
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Mine went up last year a bit, about 13k down this year. I don't care much, it's lower taxes for me and I'm not selling for a long time, so they can keep it low until then as far as I'm concerned.

Banks will fuck ya too. Good customers are getting screwed right now as part of the whole "help the penniless" push.

and that pisses me off too! just cause i make my payments in full and on time or even pay more and early than im soppose too im gonna get fucked? i just opened the letter a few minutes ago and freaking the fuck out. how in the hell do they justify screwing the good guy to help out the bad guy. im not saying everyone in a hard time is bad but lets face it. there are people out there who just dont give a dam. cause they know the goverment will pitty them and literally wipe there ass if they dont do it them dam selves!

salsashark
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
The banks and .gov continually screwing those of us who have actually paid our bills is what really strikes a nerve with me. I am so tired of having to work my ass off so I can prop up the dumb ass who bought a house they couldn't afford, then sucked out imaginary equity and now claim it's not their fault.

If my job was not dependent upon me keeping a good credit score and staying financially stable, I'd stop payments on both of my properties immediately. It will take the banks months to do anything, then months upon months to eventually foreclose. A couple of legal paperwork maneuvers and I could live for free for a couple of years before they demand the keys... and at that point, they can have 'em!

Hmmmmm...

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Now you guys get what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay my bills, without working for two years, and these assholes are fucking me because everyone else was irresponsible!!!!!!!!! We do not live beyond our means, but if you take away my work, how the fuck am I supposed to keep paying?!?!?!?

They won't refinance me, so now I get to become a statistic!!!! However, I'm not the kind of person to shirk my responsibility! So, I guess I'll pay 'till I'm completely fucked and out of money!!!

tecknojoe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
All, please educate me a little since I'm planning on buying this summer.

From what I understand, values go up and down. So, even if you're now down 20k, wouldn't you expect it to spring back eventually? I thought it just kind of fluctuates based on the market. More foreclosures, lower values.

I'm trying to buy now since rates are low and it would be nice to lock in something good.

I know it sucks for some that have posted here, but how can someone like me take advantage of the current market?

Zach929rr
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
I'm trying to buy now since rates are low and it would be nice to lock in something good.

Hope you have stupid good credit and a lot to put down.

MetaLord 9
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM

From what I understand, values go up and down. So, even if you're now down 20k, wouldn't you expect it to spring back eventually? I thought it just kind of fluctuates based on the market. More foreclosures, lower values.

I know it sucks for some that have posted here, but how can someone like me take advantage of the current market?

^^Ditto.

Basically, buy something with as close to instant equity as you can get

Zach, you don't need as much to put down with really good credit. I was afraid I was going to have to put 20% down and it's looking like I won't have to do that in the end

tecknojoe
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
If my job was not dependent upon me keeping a good credit score and staying financially stable, I'd stop payments on both of my properties immediately. It will take the banks months to do anything, then months upon months to eventually foreclose. A couple of legal paperwork maneuvers and I could live for free for a couple of years before they demand the keys... and at that point, they can have 'em!

Hmmmmm...

don't do it :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM

To take advantage all you need to do is buy!!

I'm bitching because the banks base my value on foreclosures. Yet, the county bases my value on home sales from two years ago.

I can't re-fi, but I can pay more in property taxes...

Zach929rr
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Zach, you don't need as much to put down with really good credit. I was afraid I was going to have to put 20% down and it's looking like I won't have to do that in the end

I guess it's good to hear that's not the case anymore.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ours went up $2500 in Weld. I also say :bs: but consider us lucky compared to some of you I guess.

McVaaahhh
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah the bank bases it on what they might be able to sell it for, and unfortunately the foreclosures drag all the values down.

The county, on the other hand, bases their value on some imaginary formula that equals the absolute most that they can get from you.

Really sucks, but the local governments are as broke as the rest of us in this economy so they're doing what they can to survive, which usually mean screwing the middle-class worker rather than looking at their own budgets and eliminating waste.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
that's my opinion as well

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
^^Ditto.

Basically, buy something with as close to instant equity as you can get

You don't have to put 20% down. You just get to pay PMI insurance instead. A waste of around $75-$150/mo depending on home value.

DFab
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM

IMO housing prices will continue to go down. There are a lot more foreclosures to come.

salsashark
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
don't do it :lol:

I'm not about to... However, I understan Dean's frustration while I take a monthly loss on my townhouse while others game the system and get rewarded for it.

vort3xr6
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
okay. Question. I just went to the mailbox and got mine. It says my home value changed -7300. Is that good? So I will pay less property taxes? My home was last appraised when I bought it last year, and it appraised well above the county estimate.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not about to... However, I understan Dean's frustration while I take a monthly loss on my townhouse while others game the system and get rewarded for it.That's what I told my bank, "only those who didn't pay their bills are being rewarded!! Since I want a reward, I'm going to stop paying my bills!!"

The problem is, there is no one to talk to. When I meet with someone at my bank, they're basically the dude handing you your burnt fries at a McDonald's drive thru. They stare at you like a deer in headlights, offering no suggestions or solutions!!!!!!

Those mother fuckers called me and offered to refinance!! I told them what the county said about my value. They told me no problem, then come back under what the county says, and won't re-fi!! Then, a week later, the county raises my property tax. Isn't there anything a person can do?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think that I've proven that I'll pay my bills. How many people don't work for two years and still have a credit score over 700 and never been late on ANY bills?!? These mother fuckers make me want to burn the house down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connman
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
How do you not work for 2 years and pay all your bills? Just curious. Do you want to work, or just choosing not to?

PunyJuney
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
okay. Question. I just went to the mailbox and got mine. It says my home value changed -7300. Is that good? So I will pay less property taxes? My home was last appraised when I bought it last year, and it appraised well above the county estimate.

Yes, that's good. You pay less in tax.

My Littleton townhouse numbers just came in from JeffCo $55k below what I paid for it, but that's still about $50k higher than I could get for it if I tried to sell it. So IMO I'm still paying too much property tax at tax time. What does property tax fund?...schools, do I have kids? NO. I don't begrudge helping to pay for schools are as they are supposedly raising an educated literate next generation. Lately that's questionable but we hope for the best.

We work & pay our bills AND pay taxes on the money our small business makes, AND THEN we pay taxes on the same money again when it's counted as income on our personal state and federal returns AND THEN hear they are raising our taxes because we've WORKED to make our own small business a success and may come in above their magical "wealthy" number in spite of start up costs and expenses over the years.

Could we refi? Probably... but trust me, you're far from alone when it comes to getting a raw deal Dean.
Maybe you could get a job at a bank and figure it out for all of us?

DemonRider
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
I'm in Adams got mine Today -6200.00 but that's been the going trend since I bought the damn thing. When i bought it it was @ 220,000 bought it for 175,000 - good, right??? HAHAHA noooooo, now I'm upside down ---- DAMN !!! but I'm just going with the punches

ThorsTwin
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:41 PM
El Paso County,(Colo, Spgs.) hit me for $12,000 less as well. Good thing I bought during Uncle Obama's tax credit phase. I got $8500 for that.

Graphite675
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
El Paso County,(Colo, Spgs.) hit me for $12,000 less as well. Good thing I bought during Uncle Obama's tax credit phase. I got $8500 for that.

Yours went down $12K and mine went up $25K!
Properties in my neighborhood have been selling for less yet they say mine is worth $25K more then I paid for it 2 years ago. I'll sell it right this second if I could get that out of it! Unbelievable :think:

There are still open lots in my neighborhood and I can build the exact same house for about $25K less then what they say mine is worth now. How did they come up with that number?

So would you buy my 2 year old house or build the exact same one for $25K less, brand new with warranty?
:cussing:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon May 2nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
You all know my bitching about not being able to find work!! I'm out of money at the end of this month, too.

A couple weeks ago my bank calls and says they can save me over $1,000/month if I want to refinance. I'm like, "hell yeah! and tell them Arapahoe values my house at only $201,000." They tell me it's no problem because they don't use county assessments, so my house will come in higher. I needed a value of $220,000 to re-fi. A week later the bank calls me back and says my house is only worth $190,000 because of the foreclosures in my neighborhood and I can't re-fi.

I haven't worked in almost two years and have never missed or been late on ANY of our bills!! My bank tells us that we are "Top 100" customers because of our history with them. Both our credit scores are over 700 and those assholes are going to base my situation on the assholes that didn't pay their bills!! That's bull shit!!

I've met with several people from the mortgage dept., raising hell that this isn't right. They look up my value again and come back with an even lower $182,000. I tell them that if they are going to base my situation on people who don't pay their bills, then I'm going to become one as well.

Anyway, here's the point. My bank gives me paper work to go to the county and get my value reduced for my property taxes. I was going to go down today, but on Saturday, we got a letter from the county stating they raised my value to $213,100. They base this value on sales that took place in April of 2009, two years ago. I can appeal, but can't use any sales data past June 30, 2010.

How can they do this? Fucking thieves!! More proof that the government isn't doing shit to fix a damn thing!!
Ahhh fuck, sorry to hear it bro. :(

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
How do you not work for 2 years and pay all your bills? Just curious.I design 10-20,000 sq. ft. homes and made retarded money for ten years, working for myself. The custom home market is completely gone right now.

Do you want to work, or just choosing not to?You haven't seen my other posts crying about not being able to find work?

Could we refi? Probably... but trust me, you're far from alone when it comes to getting a raw deal Dean. I totally realize I'm not alone. One of my neighbors is getting way more fucked than I am!!

Maybe you could get a job at a bank and figure it out for all of us?I don't think I could run a bank better than I can measure a sink, but I would gladly give it a try!! I'd apply common sense and they'd all be fucked!!

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM

Wow we just got a letter from the assessors and our property value went down and thus our taxes went down something like $200.

Yep, sorry but that is how the banks work...the lady that did ours (I was here when she walked around our house) told me she was not going to use foreclosures as it was not fair. I guess it depends who from the bank comes out to look at your home, I pointed out the tile work, new lights, new carpet, new bathroom and things I know OTHER homes do not have...she liked it all, plus liked that I updated the trim, new roof...so that might of helped too. Plus having a clean home I'm sure worked. I think it was two years ago we did ours and we were surprised when she came back only $3000 short then what we needed...we just had to pay the $3K to not have PMI.

Connman
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
I design 10-20,000 sq. ft. homes and made retarded money for ten years, working for myself. The custom home market is completely gone right now.
You haven't seen my other posts crying about not being able to find work?

No I haven't. It sounds like you're probably overqualified for the positions I have available. (12-13/hr)

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
I am so tired of having to work my ass off so I can prop up the dumb ass who bought a house they couldn't afford, then sucked out imaginary equity and now claim it's not their fault.

Yep tell me about it. Not only the people that bought the homes but the banks are to blame too.

When we moved here in fall of 2007 the market was just starting to go south. However I told the Realtor we wanted to look at $150K homes...so we did, did not like anything so I upped it to $250K homes...still could not find what we wanted so I upped it to $350K the Realtor was pissed I think. She was like "She why were we looking at $150K homes"...my answer to her "I'm new to the area and if I don't need to spend $350K then why would I".

So we found this place for like $299K. Wife calls the bank who was who we had to go with because her company had a deal with them for relocation. They would pay 2 points, and closing cost I think it was...so we have the bank on the phone and the girl is like hey you know you qualify for a $450K loan and we could probably get it to $500K for you. The banker girl was shocked when my wife told her, no all we want is a letter stating all we can afford is $289K and that was going to be our offer. The bank girl asked maybe 3-4 more time before ending the call asking if we were sure we did not want to borrow more. Oh and we never told the Realtor we could afford *in the banks eyes* $500K home.

We laughed about it, but to think people would trust their bank and say "oh okay you say I can afford $500K it must be true". We were like yeah we could afford that, but we be house poor, plus student loans, vehicle loans and we like to take vacations. Sorry but I rather have money to pay for those things...now that we don't have student loans, and my car is paid for we never want to go back to having more debt....and if we had to move tomorrow we would not up what we would spend on a home...this place is too big for 2 people...only way I would pay more is building a custom house on 10+ acres. thats the plan down the road.

So I don't just blame those people, although they should of looked at THEIR lives and realized no way could they afford a huge house payment. Kind of like people financing/leasing a $50K vehicle when they can only afford a $20K one. However unlike vehicles we tend to trust banks and banks seem to have brought this onto themselves....so I don't feel sorry for someone that CAN pay but they still walk away from their obligations, but I also don't feel sorry for the bank who lent someone they knew could not afford the home the money.

As far as our home value goes down, we don't plan to move so I could careless. The plan is to live here, probably raise children here...and then in 30 years think about building a place. In 30 years I'm sure the home values will be back up and over what we paid. I rather get back something then live in an apartment and get nothing. People move way too often for my taste, when the move is not even warranted...no reason to move a few blocks over, or within the same area...I guess I get that from my Grandparents.

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM

Buy in an area that will always be good. Home values here in Monument are way down. Then again I think they were way overblown during the good times for the quality (lacking) of these homes in the Jackson Creek area. Either way, I think you can find some deals...and for example this area is a good area, safe, and ease to jump on I25 to go to Springs or Denver for work.

Research an area, look at foreclosures that need a little work and go from there. This is the time to buy real estate if you can.

The thing is, people are not down just $20k in a lot of cases they are down much much more. For example anyone that bought one of these homes around me during the good times paid $350K-$400K, If we sold today maybe $280K (probably get a better return mainly due to me putting $$$$ into the home to be better then the others in the area). No no, some of the older folk in the neighborhood that paid $380K and now have a $280K if that home....are down $100K or more. For those of us that are old or just don't plan to move who cares if we are down some...the days of buying a home for $300K, and selling it for $500K in a few years is over...expect to make long term gains, not short term get rich gains.

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
How do you not work for 2 years and pay all your bills? Just curious. Do you want to work, or just choosing not to?

I don't work and its been officially longer...LOL Then again I have a good wife, but my credit score is still 780 *shrug*

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
No I haven't. It sounds like you're probably overqualified for the positions I have available. (12-13/hr)Whatchya got? I'll take anything!!

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
So would you buy my 2 year old house or build the exact same one for $25K less, brand new with warranty?
:cussing:

Builder warranties mean nothing, and if its built with quality products and people that KNOW what they are doing the warranty is really useless. I would rather have a house someone has been in, no waiting time to build...I don't call them custom homes when you pick it out of a book of 5-8 home plans...sorry CO people that is NOT custom.

Plus chances you did upgrades while living in it...like NEW hot water heater that is better then the builders one, new light fixtures instead of this CO builder fake brass ones.

So thats a mixed bag...if I saw improvements I might pay you MORE then what the new builder home is going for...so it might be worth $25K more as it might have new carpet and new kitchen and stuff....Just saying.

Not everyone wants or falls for the new builder home gimmick.

dirkterrell
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
but I also don't feel sorry for the bank who lent someone they knew could not afford the home the money.

Oh, it was much more insidious than that. The banks made crap loans, bundled them as AAA investment instruments, and then bet on their failing.

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2239509

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2139252

These jackasses have asset-stripped most of us naked. With the government's refusal to let them fail and, worse, give nothing more than a slap on the wrist to the big banks when they admit to doing illegal things, I honestly don't see anything but a total collapse coming.

People love to bitch about the oil companies but they actually make quite reasonable profits percentage-wise, and they actually produce a product. It's the bankers that are robbing us blind but the vast majority of us don't have a clue what's going on.

Graphite675
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Builder warranties mean nothing, and if its built with quality products and people that KNOW what they are doing the warranty is really useless. Not everyone wants or falls for the new builder home gimmick.

I agree ...and disagree. Unless you are buying Million $ plus homes I don't think you are getting truely "custom". Mine was built by a fairly reputable builder and although probably not custom it does have a lot of nice upgrades compared to a cookie cutter house.

I have actually had to make use of the builder warenty several times and I'm glad it wasn't coming out of my pocket! They fixed the issues no questions ask, no hassle.

And as far as falling for a new home "gimmick" I think if you gave any female out there a choice of new or used house they are going to go new every time. (trust me, my wife won that battle :D)

Connman
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Whatchya got? I'll take anything!!

Just your basic warehouse/distribution center - order picking positions. Although I do need someone accurate in a receiving position. I am looking for long-term employees though, not people who need a job until something better comes along.

Wholesale garden supplies - specializing in indoor growing/hydroponic equipment, lighting, grow media, and nutrients.

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Just your basic warehouse/distribution center - order picking positions. Although I do need someone accurate in a receiving position. I am looking for long-term employees though, not people who need a job until something better comes along.

Wholesale garden supplies - specializing in indoor growing/hydroponic equipment, lighting, grow media, and nutrients.

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.The problem is you're competing with unemployment benefits. I've heard a lot of people say, "why work when I'm going to make the same as my unemployment?"

I would be on time and be an excellent employee, but yeah, if someone needs a custom home, I'm gone!!!!!!!! I can tell you that isn't going to happen for at least another two years, though!! My clients are hard-core Republicans and won't spend a dime while the Dem's are in office. That fucked up mentality is what put me out of work!

Zach929rr
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
garden supplies

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CjyhXqWvz5M/TXKWBdeTxaI/AAAAAAAABUM/fwhrrifs1_k/s1600/air%2Bquotes.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
I agree ...and disagree. Unless you are buying Million $ plus homes I don't think you are getting truely "custom". Mine was built by a fairly reputable builder and although probably not custom it does have a lot of nice upgrades compared to a cookie cutter house. If you didn't hire an architect, you didn't get custom. Semi-custom is what everyone gets and then calls it 'custom'. A lot of times the builder will hire me and as soon as the house is framed, they put it on the market. This is custom, too. Basically, a custom home is one of a kind. Even the $500,000 homes in the Ranch are not custom.

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
The problem is you're competing with unemployment benefits. I've heard a lot of people say, "why work when I'm going to make the same as my unemployment?"

I would be on time and be an excellent employee, but yeah, if someone needs a custom home, I'm gone!!!!!!!! I can tell you that isn't going to happen for at least another two years, though!! My clients are hard-core Republicans and won't spend a dime while the Dem's are in office. That fucked up mentality is what put me out of work!

No one should expect you to stay around for life either, that unrealistic as an employer. I remember I gave the BS thing in my interview once of "I'm be here and sure this is a good place to work and grow"...the VP looked at me and said "shut the fuck up, as soon as a better job comes along you will be gone and I expect you to take a better offer. We just hope your here for a few years"...that was the Dot com days....if I would have known I would have taken the $150K a year job in Utah....LOL That those days would be gone quickly...and in MI it ended back in 2003'ish.

So where is Connman located? I assume Denver? But if its Springs or Castle Rock I'm looking for part time (so I can keep my riding but keep my sanity too). Not sure driving to Denver for $13/hr is worth it though...assuming that is a legit job and their is tax...if cash it might be worth it. *wink, wink*

modette99
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
If you didn't hire an architect, you didn't get custom. Semi-custom is what everyone gets and then calls it 'custom'. A lot of times the builder will hire me and as soon as the house is framed, they put it on the market. This is custom, too. Basically, a custom home is one of a kind. Even the $500,000 homes in the Ranch are not custom.

Yep, I have a neighbor who's wife works at Home Depot here in Monument. I was talking with her (I think the husbands a Doctor) She calls her house custom...LOL They picked it out of a book of plans, there are probably 100 more like it in the area.

Now my parents house in TN is custom. They took a design they liked...their lake house and had an architectural engineer modify it...added a bathroom, expanded rooms and what have you. It was actually quit easy because they knew what they wanted. I think it comes in at 10,000 square feet. Plus they picked each light fixture, the faucets, what type of bathroom vents fan/heaters to install, the type and style of windows along with brand. They sat down and went over EVERY little detail with the builder and then he quoted them a price, not to mention they had to pick a spot on the property have a $25K bridge installed, a driveway professionally done...every detail...the whole package is unique to THEM. thats a custom home. They went all out as its their LAST house, unless I get to put them into a retirement home one day....but they expect to die there.

This stuff out here people call custom is not.

As for the wife picking new, no she was sold on the view. We are not too happy with the floor plans we saw out here but oh well we can live with it and make it work...and trust me we looked at one that was $580K and it still was lacking compared to our house back in MI which during good times was $242K in a fancy area. Thats one thing we have that would help us sell the home here, the view and we have one of the larger yards (great for dogs and children). Its the view that sold my wife.

This is directed at new home buyers, these homes were build buy CA's for CA's....Even that $580K NEW home had builder shit quality windows, lighting...it would of been a $300k home back in MI during good times. That I will not get use to here...I've had other people agree with me on that from the East coast, even a few CO's I've meet say "yep homes were build by CA's for CA's. Which makes sense, someone from CA would say wow a huge home with a yard for $500K...that be a multi-million dollar home back in CA...so thus they fail to look at the quality.

CaneZach
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Got mine on Saturday and lost $17k in value :(

Same here. House appraised at 330-something-thousand and it's down to 32-someodd-thousand (333k down to 321k IIRC). I paid 282k for it, but I hate losing value!!!

aerofaze
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
The assessor says I'm down $15K this year (northeast Springs). Since I don't plan to move anytime soon, I'll accept the lower property taxes.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
Oh, it was much more insidious than that. The banks made crap loans, bundled them as AAA investment instruments, and then bet on their failing.

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2239509

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2139252

These jackasses have asset-stripped most of us naked. With the government's refusal to let them fail and, worse, give nothing more than a slap on the wrist to the big banks when they admit to doing illegal things, I honestly don't see anything but a total collapse coming.

People love to bitch about the oil companies but they actually make quite reasonable profits percentage-wise, and they actually produce a product. It's the bankers that are robbing us blind but the vast majority of us don't have a clue what's going on.
As usual, The Dirkster makes total sense, and has the charts and graphs to back his assertions. Dirk for prez 2021! :) I agree, I'd MUCH rather the banks failed and their top management went to prison.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
As usual, The Dirkster makes total sense, and has the charts and graphs to back his assertions. Dirk for prez 2021! :) I agree, I'd MUCH rather the banks failed and their top management went to prison.
Amen!!!

Too big to fail? Now, they've all merged! How big are they now?!?!? Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless!!!!!

dirkterrell
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Truth be told, the way the politicians have been on their knees before these big bankers, I think the correct phrase is "Too big to jail". They are out of control and unless there is widespread understanding of what's happened and resultant fury, they are just going to run everything into the ground. The bankers have stripped us. The politicians and the mainstream press have failed us. Bernanke and crew are refusing to let happen what needs to happen, running the dollar right into the toilet. The math is finally catching up to these ignoramuses.

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185389

PunyJuney
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
The problem is you're competing with unemployment benefits. I've heard a lot of people say, "why work when I'm going to make the same as my unemployment?"

Entitlement, the society killer

Graphite675
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
The assessor says I'm down $15K this year (northeast Springs). Since I don't plan to move anytime soon, I'll accept the lower property taxes.

Argh, Another one down. I'm in NE Springs also but mine went up $25K which means another couple hundred a year in property taxes. i'm already getting raped in property taxes as it is. I have no plans on moving anytime soon so i would have been fine with a drop or at least stay the same.

2 year old house and I'm up $25K that's a pretty good investment ....if it were realistic.

Snowman
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM

People love to bitch about the oil companies but they actually make quite reasonable profits percentage-wise, and they actually produce a product. It's the bankers that are robbing us blind but the vast majority of us don't have a clue what's going on.I find this funny, inevitable and what they will get away with next...

The Next Housing Shock (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7361572n)

dirkterrell
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I find this funny, inevitable and what they will get away with next...

The Next Housing Shock (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7361572n)

Yeah, Denninger has been railing on that for quite a while. Nice to see the mainstream media finally catch on. Now they just need to interrupt American Idol for a few minutes and play that 60 Minutes piece.

More reading:

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2433293

dirkterrell
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
This is why they are/were forging documents:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51006287-78/mers-property-mortgage-loan.html.csp?page=1

King Nothing
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Our house went up $1000 this year! It's still down $19k from when we bought it.... :-/

dirkterrell
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
And here is an example of where the politicians' true allegiances lie:

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2522888

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2525831

Snowman
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
I'm kind of worried that when I pay off my mortgage that I'll never see the title.

It would be almost worth it to class action a whole city of these mortgages to force the holders to come up with the paperwork. The trillions of dollars it would cost to find it all would mean it would be cheaper for them to just give us our houses.

Ricky
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, this is crazy. Just looked at mine, and it went down again... another $9k. Adams county.

usmcab35
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
im in adams too, just got mine from the county, mine went down 30k because of the foreclosed homes in the area... damn it..

Vitesse304
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
I don't know why you guys are complaining!

Just because your home value goes down, it's not a bad thing. Your taxes go down too! The only time you need to be concerned with value is when you sell, and we all know now is not the time to sell.

Also, your home value is not actually what the county says it is. It is market dependent contigent upon the sale of said property! Your home is worth what someone will pay for it, or what the bank will loan on it, and banks will loan for a home purchase based on comps in the area that ARE NOT foreclosures up to 2 years back.

So stop being upset about your home value dropping. It's not the end of the world, the market will rebound, your home value will shoot up three fold and then the bubble will burst again.

If you are really concerned, contest the valuation that the county set. They'd be happy to accept your higher valuation and tax you more.

Or, if you really want to save some money and stick it to your county, get ag status for your property, I've got some goats I can loan you.

DemonRider
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
I've got some goats I can loan you.

I could call you on this, I really don't want to mow this acre and 3/4 of yard I have this year damn it!!! Hehehehehehe:twisted:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I just got mine in the mail today. Wow...dropped $62,700 from last year.

Rooster
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.

prior service here, if im not 15 minutes to the 15 minutes prior of the formation time im having a very bad day. havent missed a days work in years. im not lazy either! lol

derekm
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
(in Denver co.) My value is 3k less than appraised at purchase, but 2k more than I owe. All within 1 year of purchase... what about the $24 k I dumped inside the.joint? Haha

DevilsTonic
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I just got my assessment in the mail yesterday and the value of my home dropped 13k. FML.

Tylar
Thu May 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
We had ours appraised last June for a re-fi and the value of the home dropped. Adam's County felt the house was 30k more than our appraisal.

Because our appraisal was 8 days before the cut off, JEnette was able to walk into the Adam's count Assessor's office and walk out with a corrected value.

I hate my home value going down, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay taxes on a $30k inflation.

Tylar
Thu May 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Also-

It took ~15 minutes and was a very pleasant experience (out at the new Adam's facility on 120th/76).

We're stilli in shock it was easier than going to the grocery store...

Kim-n-Dean
Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.I am very, very interested in this job! I sent an email and PM, but never heard back. Is there anything to discus here?

stubbicatt
Wed May 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Well, Carol Chambers has to get the money somewhere to pay her prosecutors to push unjust deals and get convictions where justice would suggest a different course.

Yep. Your local law and order candidate!

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I saw this article this morning and it reminded me of this thread. It put a big smile on my face:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercooler/article/178031/176/Florida-Homeowner-Forecloses-On-Bank-Of-America

salsashark
Mon Jun 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
:lol: that's great!

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Well... I appealed and actually WON!! They tried to raise my taxes by $13,000 and I got them lowered by $20,000. The county certainly counts on you being lazy and not following the appeal procedure. They also take everything to the deadline (they had until 6/30 to respond and I got the notice yesterday), hoping you'll not take the time to continue. Therefore, I totally expected to be denied on the first appeal. I also chose the "appeal in person" option. I wanted to show the county that I'll put in the time, personally!!

I think what really helped me was my friend being a realtor. He printed out some serious ammo for me to take into the assessors office. They were pretty impressed with the info I had! His access to the MLS was a gold mine!!!!

Tylar
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
We were shocked with our success in Adams as well.

Congrats, Dean.