PDA

View Full Version : Haters gonna hate...

Sarge
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
So, I was out finishing up a quick ride tonight. Nothing special, just hit up 24 from I-25 for a quick jaunt. Anyway, I'm headed home, south on I-25, a little spirited but nothing too crazy, it's dark and traffic is light, but I pull off on my exit and almost a full minute later a car pulls in behind me, and some A*hole climbs halfway out his driver side window and starts talking all this sh*t. I can only hear every 5th word or so, but I get his attitude. I didn't cut anybody off or do anything crazy. Worst I can say is that I was going a little fast, but I always signal lane changes 3-5 seconds ahead and I ride in traffic just like I do in my cage, but apparently this guy was just hating and I obviously pissed him off something royally. But, what can I say, haters gonna hate. This guy was cussing up a storm, talking all kinds of sh*t. Not too sure why, but I was half tempted pull over, kick out the stand, and ask the dude what he was so pissed off about. I decided it would be more fun to let him catch me. Worst I can figure is that whenever I was in the passng lane behind somebody I turned the brights on until they moved over, but that's basically just reminding them of the state law, right? :lol:

McVaaahhh
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
:lol: Lotsa crazies out there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
Some people just suck ass, and hate bikes. I don't get it myself, but, whatever.

cbrjohnny
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
did he have his kids in the car too? lol

JohnEffinK
Tue May 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Ha Ha. Welcome back to the states. Unfortunately you cant run them off the road here or fire a few warning shots!

John

sprtbkbabe
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah, that little lapper light on Aprilias is meant to be used. I flash it on when I'm in the left lane of a highway or when someone is about to come out from an intersection.

American drivers get very butt hurt about being told how to drive. Especially, if they think they're the only bad ass on the road, and you are about to whip past them. One experience on the autobahn or a Rome round-about, and their butts would pucker. I just ignore confrontations on the road anymore.

Devaclis
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
It was Howie from Alice 105.9

Sarge
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah, that little lapper light on Aprilias is meant to be used. I flash it on when I'm in the left lane of a highway or when someone is about to come out from an intersection...

I LOVE that thing, I use it ALL the time. Both to say "Hey, I'm right here dumbass" and to acknowledge when people are properly signaling a lane change, especially when I see them hesitate as soon as they see me.

I have to say though, the headlights on my RSV are BRIGHT as all hell. I don't do much night riding, especially in Colorado with such shit roads, but last night I could SEE. Maybe that's what pissed him off. :lol:

CaneZach
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah, that little lapper light on Aprilias is meant to be used. I flash it on when I'm in the left lane of a highway or when someone is about to come out from an intersection.

American drivers get very butt hurt about being told how to drive. Especially, if they think they're the only bad ass on the road, and you are about to whip past them. One experience on the autobahn or a Rome round-about, and their butts would pucker. I just ignore confrontations on the road anymore.

You have no idea how true your words are.

PhL0aTeR
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM

:pointlaugh:

sprtbkbabe
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM

My sis is also on patrol. The crap she puts up with... :roll:

salsashark
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
It was Howie from Alice 105.9

:spit:

damn... been sitting on that one for a while eh?

CaneZach
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:37 AM

I'm glad you understand. Back when I worked the road, I'd pull people over for something and they'd always be flabbergasted that they could've done something wrong. Then they'd want to argue that they didn't really do what I said they did.

I remember stopping a woman for weaving because I was out looking for drunk drivers. She wasn't drunk and I had planned on just sending her on her way, until she opened her mouth and started arguing. I had a camera in my car that I had activated while I followed her, so I got her out of the car, patted her down, and allowed her to watch her driving. The video showed her right tires go onto the shoulder by about a foot two or three times and twice over the center line another two or three times. She still wanted to argue. I just wrote her a ticket and walked away.

Mother Goose
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I've had the same thing happen to me. I was getting on 6th Ave. west from I-25 north, sitting behind this guy in a Snaab, not riding his ass. We get to 6th Ave. and I wait for him to merge over to the lane he wants, then I make my way over to the left lane and pass him. A few hundred feet later he's on my ass and swerves over to the middle lane. I look over at him and he's yelling something that I can't understand, then he gives me the cut your throat sign then points at me. I flip him off and get the fuck outta there. I'm still trying to figure out wtf I did, but I put it up to that he's just pissed that he was driving a POS 1982 Snaab. :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Made me think of this....

http://images.moviepostershop.com//police-academy-4-citizens-on-patrol-movie-poster-1010243963.jpg

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM
What I thought would be a great idea is a website dedicated to these assholes. Open to anyone no matter what and where they ride. A place where we can all post up license plate numbers and car and person descriptions, GoPro video or pics, maybe some of their home addresses (you can find this out) :D just in case, you know, a big bunch of us might want to....ahhhh....ADVISE them on their driving habits, and let them know that there is strength in numbers. I was on a ride about 4-1/2 years ago and I watched a woman in a truck intentionally try and hit Pilot as he (safely) passed her, she just misse dhim, and then kept brake-checking me where I was afraid to try and pass her. Sortarican saw it all too as he was right behind me. Man, I was planning on paying that bitch a visit one night. I'm sure I could find the house again as she made the big mistake of pulling into her driveway. Die in a chipper-shredder, bitch...

CaneZach
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I remember riding through Poudre and up to Walden with 929, Matty, Outlawd, and a few others. We came back through Granby because Matty's radiator caught a rock and started leaking. As I was leaving Granby, there was a line of slow-moving cars that I was stuck behind. I waited until I got to a passing zone, signaled, and started to pull into the oncoming lane when the guy ahead of me in a green Dodge Caravan starts to pull into the lane. I thought he was going to pass, so I pulled back in and let him pass, but he pulls back in as well. I start to go around one more time and as I'm getting closer, he swerves towards me and goes back into his lane. As I'm passing him, he's flipping me off. I'll never understand people.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I remember riding through Poudre and up to Walden with 929, Matty, Outlawd, and a few others. We came back through Granby because Matty's radiator caught a rock and started leaking. As I was leaving Granby, there was a line of slow-moving cars that I was stuck behind. I waited until I got to a passing zone, signaled, and started to pull into the oncoming lane when the guy ahead of me in a green Dodge Caravan starts to pull into the lane. I thought he was going to pass, so I pulled back in and let him pass, but he pulls back in as well. I start to go around one more time and as I'm getting closer, he swerves towards me and goes back into his lane. As I'm passing him, he's flipping me off. I'll never understand people.
Aren't you a cop? Why not have a little chat with the asswipe?

Zach929rr
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Aren't you a cop? Why not have a little chat with the asswipe?

Because we were already on our Xth hour of riding that day and were ready to get down into the city after Matty's shitbox threw up everywhere and soaked up 1-2 hours of time. I think I got up at 6am that day and got home around 7:30pm.

Mother Goose
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Longest day, ever.

Spiderman
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM

Maybe you need a new paint job & leathers?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/photoweek/20030609.jpg

Zach929rr
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:43 PM
OMG yes. Pretty sure I just inhaled water upon seeing that image :(

Ricky
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I don't give people the chance to catch up to me to tell me what I did wrong or that I did something wrong. You guys ride too slow :lol:

Mntntoproc
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM
It always seems as the weather gets nice that drivers get more twisted and worked up!

BTW, great picture Bob!!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe you need a new paint job & leathers?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/photoweek/20030609.jpg
Nice! Actually, not just because it's Star Wars day, but how cool would it be to have "storm-trooper" helmet and leathers? Remember the "skeleton" leathers first worn by Dave Aldana?