PDA

View Full Version : North meets South this year?

Smitty
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Is there going to be a north meets south ride this year? I haven't seen anything on this topic and I believe last years ride was around Memorial Day. Any ideas?

GuitarX
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
It didn't work out too well in the 1860s. :guns:

Reyven
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:52 AM
It didn't work out too well in the 1860s. :guns:

all the more reason to try again :D

TransNone13
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Maybe someone from the Springs BESIDES ME makes it there when everyone is leaving, unlike last year...

Smitty
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Maybe someone from the Springs BESIDES ME makes it there when everyone is leaving, unlike last year...

I would have been there last year but went down on the bike the weekend before. I think you were with me on that ride.

OUTLAWD
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I contacted Mayo last week, and he said he was up for setting it up again this year, so I'm gonna wait a little longer and see what he has to say, mainly because I don't feel like putting forth the effort to set it up on my own ;)

Reyven
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I contacted Mayo last week, and he said he was up for setting it up again this year, so I'm gonna wait a little longer and see what he has to say, mainly because I don't feel like putting forth the effort to set it up on my own ;)

So glad you piped up. Couldn't remember who set it up previously. And now my memory has been refreshed :)

asp_125
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Meet at Marions in Idaho Springs again?

Sully
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Meet at Marions in Idaho Springs again?

If you do, just give Scott a heads up call to make sure he reserves the back room for everyone! :up:

Reyven
Wed May 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
If you do, just give Scott a heads up call to make sure he reserves the back room for everyone! :up:

Ended up needing way more space than that last year. It was a really big turnout.

Spooph
Wed May 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Smittah!

North meets South, again, again!

aerofaze
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Interested if the date works out (early June is ideal for me, like the weekend after Memorial).

OUTLAWD
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
So glad you piped up. Couldn't remember who set it up previously. And now my memory has been refreshed :)

when have I ever failed to "pipe up" ?

PunyJuney
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM

We had the whole back room last year. I think we need the front too :)
Maybe time things so that we get there a little before or a little after their lunch rush?

50sGrl
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Interested if the date works out (early June is ideal for me, like the weekend after Memorial).

How about the 2nd weekend in June, Sarah?

Reyven
Wed May 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Has traditionally been held on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend

aerofaze
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Has traditionally been held on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend

Ah, I missed the "tradition" part- apparently I'm still a clueless noob. Will have a better idea of my participation later- hard to say for that particular weekend. But I'm sure this'd be fun either way.

... but thanks for asking. :D Weekends of June 4 or 11 are still open for me if there's another ride going on.

Spooph
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Maybe time things so that we get there a little before or a little after their lunch rush?

+1

screw tradition, let's pick a sensible time when the road MIGHT have less traffic on them... Do lunch around 2pm or something.... While everybody else be eating, we be riding, and vis-a-vis

asp_125
Wed May 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Memorial day weekend.. I have that weekend free and it's not an MRA weekend so more folks can show up.

Reyven
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Sorry, Matt, have to agree with Jeff on this one.

Tylar
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Memorial day weekend.. I have that weekend free and it's not an MRA weekend so more folks can show up.

Yeah...traffic will be fun. :no:

50sGrl
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Oops, my bad: race days June 11 & 12.

asp_125
Wed May 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Let's do it on a Wednesday, there won't be any traffic then. :p

GuitarX
Wed May 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
+1

screw tradition, let's pick a sensible time when the road MIGHT have less traffic on them... Do lunch around 2pm or something.... While everybody else be eating, we be riding, and vis-a-vis

:imwithstupid:

Tradition is for religious freaks. Modern intelligent people have minds that have developed flexibility and common sense for reasons of survival.

Okay, maybe not... but I still agree with the Spoophmeister General. Screw tradition! :devil2:

CaneZach
Wed May 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
If it's not on a race weekend and on a saturday, I'll meet up with y'all.

usmcab35
Wed May 4th, 2011, 02:55 PM
if im not riding to washington on what ever date you guys pick, i will be there!

ChrisCBX
Wed May 4th, 2011, 03:13 PM

I agree. If the weather is good. We will need more space at Marions for sure. It was packed last year (and that was a good thing :))

BC14
Wed May 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
If it's not on a race weekend and on a Saturday, I'll meet up with y'all.

+1 one for the Saturday idea... There are a few folks that work on Sundays.

ndnbennyb
Wed May 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Do it on a Sunday. My days off never let me make any meets or anything. I work from Tuesday to Saturday 4:30 am to 2 pm.

Sleev
Wed May 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM
In. That is all

DemonRider
Wed May 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
+1 one for the Saturday idea... There are a few folks that work on Sundays.

I'm sure just as many work on Saturdays, pretty hard to make everyone happy on this one I think!.. I'm one that works Wednesday thru Saturday but hey I'm taking Saturday 21st off just for Newb ride. Most of the rides happen on Friday or Saturday so I'm starting to think that I may request a shift change just to get out more. :D

Whenever you make it, I'm IN, I'll make it work!

Racz
Wed May 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
More sunday rides would be nice as i work tue through saturday as well.

OUTLAWD
Wed May 4th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I just ride solo...always works with my schedule ;)

daemon
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Alright...thanks for starting the discussion.
Sorry for my delay on getting back to you all.
I put in a call to Scott on Friday to see if we could indeed show up at a later time on the SUNDAY BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY(Tradition) and i have yet to hear from him.
will make further calls as i can,but i do plan on continuing this ride.
Will talk more soon!

Reyven
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Alright...thanks for starting the discussion.
Sorry for my delay on getting back to you all.
I put in a call to Scott on Friday to see if we could indeed show up at a later time on the SUNDAY BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY(Tradition) and i have yet to hear from him.
will make further calls as i can,but i do plan on continuing this ride.
Will talk more soon!

Woo hoo :) Thanks in advance for all your efforts in organizing this Mayo. It's really appreciated!

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Woo hoo :) Thanks in advance for all your efforts in organizing this Mayo. It's really appreciated!

gonna try to keep up this year :p

Reyven
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
gonna try to keep up this year :p

Nah. You will just have to keep waiting for me.

Smitty
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:35 PM

:pointlaugh:

Foolds
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I think I can do this! Count me IN!

Jtigger
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM

who will be at the end of the line politely waiting on me :D

Smitty
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM

We'll get Rey to wait up for you but you might have to let her touch your bike... or maybe even sit on it. :hump:

Jtigger
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
We'll get Rey to wait up for you but you might have to let her touch your bike... or maybe even sit on it. :hump:

hehe but then she might get addicted to the feel of its super sexiness and I wont get it back!

Smitty
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
hehe but then she might get addicted to the feel of its super sexiness and I wont get it back!

I can guarantee that you won't get it back. In fact, you may need to keep an eye on it. You just might go to your garge and Blk R6S is sitting where the GSXR should be.

Reyven
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM

I do have a bad habit of molesting your bike :yumyum:

Slo
Mon May 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Will probably make this one..... ;)

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM

I'll sweep...I have actually had alot of fun lately not hauling a$$ with all the knee draggers...and it will help keep my license clean ;)

Slo
Mon May 9th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'll sweep...I have actually had alot of fun lately not hauling a$$ with all the knee draggers...and it will help keep my license clean ;)

yeah no kidding, i may be back there with you as well.

Tylar
Mon May 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I can guarantee that you won't get it back. In fact, you may need to keep an eye on it. You just might go to your garge and Blk R6S is sitting where the GSXR should be.

While I would appreciate her riding tuning forks....I don't see this lasting longterm.

I do have a bad habit of molesting your bike :yumyum:

Good thing it's normally clean...

daemon
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:11 PM
That's cool of you....does this mean i should invite some cruisers???

Slo
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Whats up mr daemon, been a while..... you going on this?

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM

as long as they aren't going to break down... :lol:

I'll sweep regardless, as far as I'm concerned I don't mind bringing up the rear at the speed limit...but it would make a long day even longer if we do 25 mph the entire way

daemon
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Whats up mr daemon, been a while..... you going on this?

Yeah,I'll be going.
Kind of have to seeing as how this is the one ride i set up every year!

daemon
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM
.but it would make a long day even longer if we do 25 mph the entire way
so...no Harleys....

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm just kiding man...I'll ride sweep for whoever riding whatever...the more the merrier

CELO
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Sounds like fun, I hope that I get to make it. Who's taking charge from the south?

daemon
Tue May 10th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Sounds like fun, I hope that I get to make it. Who's taking charge from the south?

That usually fell on Matty's shoulders...Don't know if he will this year.

daemon
Wed May 11th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I did get a response from Scott from Marion's of the Rockies.
He said we could have the whole place if we scheduled to arrive around 3 P.M. when they close.
I don't think that would be a good idea. too many people come a long distance.
I would like to see if we could all meet around 1 P.M that day.
any ideas?

Reyven
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I did get a response from Scott from Marion's of the Rockies.
He said we could have the whole place if we scheduled to arrive around 3 P.M. when they close.
I don't think that would be a good idea. too many people come a long distance.
I would like to see if we could all meet around 1 P.M that day.
any ideas?

There were more of us than anticipated last year, but it all worked out. 1 seems like a decent goal. Enough time for a good ride in the morning and enough for a good ride home.

Super-zHero
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Whoa .... A lot of people involved this year with the ride... Awesome. Sorry for the delayed response but as I raced on sat. I haven't had time to get back to mayo/ daemon. I am absolutely willing to host you guys again but here are the options, arrive around 12.30 - 1 pm and I can save the back room again no problem. I was a little bummed however that more showed up than we had planned for and sOme were not able to eat with the group ( sorry again to those peeps). That could happen again if you choose the 1 ish time. The other option is that stay open past 3 just for the club and the whole restaurant is yours! I have already planned out for some of my employees to come in for this so either way I'm good on my end. I will try to keep updated on this thread and post a menu when I get to a real computer.
Thanks again everybody for the business!!!!
Scotty Martinez
Marions of the Rockies - owner

daemon
Wed May 11th, 2011, 06:18 PM
There were more of us than anticipated last year, but it all worked out. 1 seems like a decent goal. Enough time for a good ride in the morning and enough for a good ride home.

Cool!!! I know i would like to see more happy people but it would be hard on some of the people coming from the farther reaches.
I guess the best bet would be to aim for 1 P.M. and let everyone know ahead that they may have to wait or eat on the floor(HA HA).
I appreciate Scott taking the time to chime in.
I guess in the morning i will try to post an actual thread for the ride and a poll to see where everyone stands on time!

daemon
Thu May 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39680