PDA

View Full Version : To fix or not to fix?

MR2FAST
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 12:02 PM
I am in the process of trying to figure out what to do with my '96 ZX6R.
The second gear is out and I can do one of two things.

1. TFOG say's they can fix it for $500.00 to $600.00 bucks or
2. Sell it for $2000.00 and buy a newer bike.

I own the bike out right and can probably sell it for 2,800.00 to 3,000.00 with second gear fixed or I can just not deal with it and keep it in the for sale catagory. :? What would you all do if you had my situation, remembering that I am not made of money. ;)

Player 2
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 12:29 PM
I've got the same problem with my '95 YZF 600. It's just sitting waiting for a decision from the powers that be.... I was quoted like $1500 to get 2nd gear fixed though :cry:

surfinspacegirl
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 01:17 PM
I'd say get T-Fog to fix it, then sell it for $3K. You'll still be $500 ahead than if you sell it "as is".

Player 2
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 01:26 PM
I'd say get T-Fog to fix it, then sell it for $3K. You'll still be $500 ahead than if you sell it "as is".
Question from a newbie to the board... What's T-Fog? :roll:

surfinspacegirl
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 01:38 PM

It's magic ;)

Just messin' with ya. T-Fog Wheelsports, listed at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/shops.html

MR2FAST
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 01:51 PM

It's magic ;)

Just messin' with ya. T-Fog Wheelsports, listed at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/shops.html

And they are awesome!! :up: Hanna, I see what your say'n and I thought that way too, so I think I answered my own question... :lol: Even if I can only sell it for 2800.00 when it's all fixed I'm still ahead 3bills, so I guess I will give it to Scott (TFOG dude) to deal with and see if his approx estiment is correct. Then I will have a bike for a while longer without having to dip into my budget to much.

However, I will wait just a little bit to see what other comments are made on this subject. I know that Rick T. is interested in the bike as well so I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do ASAP.

Keep the comments comming! :cheers:

Player 2
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 02:02 PM

It's magic ;)

Heheheh, thanks ;) I figured it was something simple like that...

Anonymous
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Trav, sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I was going to suggest getting it fixed. That way, if it doesn't sell, you've got a fully-functional bike, that will be worth more when you do finally sell it (plus you can take it out on the track then :D ).

Rick T.
Fri Aug 15th, 2003, 02:58 PM
I know that Rick T. is interested in the bike as well so I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do ASAP.

Travis... bro' ~ do what's best for YOU... man don't worry about selling it to me. As a buyer, I'll want to get the lowest price in the entire history of man... as the seller, you need to make money. Fix it, ride it, keep it (make wife happy), then NEXT year... go get an '04 Liter Bike!!!! Yeah baaaabbyyyy... :D