PDA

View Full Version : South Florida

Penadam
Fri May 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I've been in west palm beach area for work for a week or so, and every rider I see is super :squid:. Shoes: nope, pants: nope, jacket: nope, helmet: nope, gloves: nope, eye protection: nope. It's driving me crazy. I want to hit all of them so they learn the meaning or road rash. Also, they all have mad chicken strips, which makes me smile.

Rant over.

CaneZach
Fri May 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Having grown up in Miami, I can tell you upper-90 temps and ridiculous humidity is the norm. Not excusing it, but I can understand it. I always geared up, but not everyone there does.

ndnbennyb
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I'm guessing a squid is a person that would hate life if they crashed (no protective gear) and don't ride anything but city streets? Still a noon here. Just trying to learn the lingo.

CaneZach
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM
A squid is basically anyone who does dumb crap. Bouncing off the rev limiter at red lights, stunting on the interstate during rush hour, no gear whatsoever, doing a hundred in the city, etc.

tecknojoe
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Squid = idiot

ndnbennyb
Fri May 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. I went for a quick ride around the springs earlier and saw a few squids. Guys were riding crazy through bumper to bumper traffic with t shirts and ball caps. Awesome, I hope they learn. I ride with everything all the time. I've seen too many wrecks and the lack of skin as a result. I've also seen how the gear saves your ass.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Squid = idiot
How about we coin a new term: "Squidiot"? :)

Vellos
Sat May 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
doing a hundred in the city

Ah shit. :(

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/jimmydean69/squid.jpg

Penadam
Sat May 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Ah shit. :(

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/jimmydean69/squid.jpg

It's worse than that. He has a helmet and may have gloves on. Down here, they don't even know what those things are.

brennahm
Sat May 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Chicken strips are almost required in FL. There are NO twisties.

On another note...why does it bother you guys so much if someone else wants to put their skin at risk? I think it's retarded too...but "I should hit him to teach him a lesson"? Simmer down.

willb003
Tue May 10th, 2011, 10:58 PM

On another note...why does it bother you guys so much if someone else wants to put their skin at risk? I think it's retarded too...but "I should hit him to teach him a lesson"? Simmer down.

+1.213

There are like negative amounts of twisties down here.

and as far as hitting some one, :no: .

Vellos
Tue May 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Adam was obviously not being serious about wanting to hit them. I think he forgets that people other than me can read his posts. :dunno:

Also I thought this was cute. http://www.2uptouring.com/Motorcycle-Rides/00004-FL-Tail-of-the-Gecko.aspx

CaptGoodvibes
Wed May 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM

You're crazy. There are awesome twisties on great roads (http://skyking96w.blogspot.com/2010/09/floridas-great-roads.html) there!

dirkterrell
Wed May 11th, 2011, 07:57 AM
You're crazy. There are awesome twisties on great roads (http://skyking96w.blogspot.com/2010/09/floridas-great-roads.html) there!

:lol: Yeah, I spent over a decade in Gainesville and looked around quite a bit for decent roads but never found much. There are a few with some decent sweepers but it wasn't much compared to here or western NC/SC.

Penadam
Wed May 11th, 2011, 08:44 AM

I obviously don't actually want to hit them, but I would like them to learn about the possible consequences of their choices. I just cringe when I see something doing something really stupid.

usmcab35
Wed May 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM
squidiot=:lol::applause:

crunch
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I obviously don't actually want to hit them, but I would like them to learn about the possible consequences of their choices. I just cringe when I see something doing something really stupid.

You must constantly be cringing then. Sometimes I see people being braver (more stupid) just because they geared up.

I lived down there for my first 36 years. I didn't learn to ride fully geared until I started racing and then wouldn't ride without it.

Learning=natural selection?

crunch
Sat May 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
squidiot=:lol::applause:

I refer to most drivers from there as "Floridiots!"