PDA

View Full Version : To the guy wheelying on 225 about an hour ago.....

Graphite675
Sat May 7th, 2011, 08:48 PM
.....your a jack ass.

I'm coming back from HPR on 225 around Denver, this guy goes by me on a gixxer (sees that I'm towing a bike) then precedes to show me how cool he is by doing a stand up wheelie. In traffic, lots of traffic.

You just gave every driver that saw you more reason to hate all sport bikers, Thanks...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Was he one of the "Fluff Ryders"?:)

Tylar
Sat May 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I had some drunk douche in a Chrysler 300 do such things as block me in the fast lane, accelerate into me from behind, semi-merge into me, etc, all in an effort to get me to race him.

The stupid was strong today....

cptschlongenheimer
Sat May 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Send him this:

http://lakecityquietpills.com/photo/multihost/images/58073687451715952022.jpg

Peanut_EOD
Sun May 8th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Why are there so many fucking squids in Colorado?!?!? I'm in North Carolina for a while and NC is full of fucking squids as well! Why do these assholes exist?

Graphite675
Sun May 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately they are everywhere. :banghead:

I don't mind if you like to wheelie but please do it somewhere that isn't going to draw bad attention towards bikers. Doing it in traffic, in a construction zone, on a major highway is just not cool.

This is EXACTLY why the police give sportbikers a hard time.

spdu4ia
Sun May 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
^this man speaks the truth. I love to wheelie but I don't do it in traffic, major roads, or anywere there are other cars anywere nearby. Thats just stoopid for you and others. Go find a two lane road with no traffic and have at it.

Saw a guy pull a stoppie at the red light of woodmen and academy the other day, in a leather vest too...:shock:

aerofaze
Sun May 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
The crazies are definitely out this time of year, and I've seen it both from the bikers and the cagers. It's like a case of cabin fever: now that the weather's all nice, people are out there showing off, riding/driving recklessly, or just plain not paying attention.

sprtbkbabe
Sun May 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Blame the heat, it's cooking their pea brains.

Then again, maybe it's mating season and they're looking for equally pea-brained partners. :shock:

brennahm
Sun May 8th, 2011, 09:15 PM
They're out and about...saw a group of 3 or 4 guys the other day doing wheelies and stoppies at every light they hit.

Ridiculous.

Zach929rr
Sun May 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM
They're out and about...saw a group of 3 or 4 guys the other day doing wheelies and stoppies at every light they hit.

Ridiculous.

:spit:

usmcab35
Sun May 8th, 2011, 10:13 PM
wonder if it was the same guy who decided he didnt need from calipers on the ride this weekend :)

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
You just gave every driver that saw you more reason to hate all sport bikers, Thanks...

I think I met a friend of his on i25 like 30 minutes ago riding a 90s zx6. Weaving between every car he saw and after 15 miles got about 200 feet in front of me. Watched him almost get hit by a nice big f150 too(the entire time I'm just hanging out in the fast lane). Not to mention he was in a t-shirt and shorts.

Airreed
Sun May 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
And people wonder why sportbike insurance is extremely high for the 18-30 year old male...My first sportbike I bought was a new 1998 Honda F3 (yes i was dumb and bought a new bike for my first bike...and it was stolen six months later...). I was paying almost 1200 buck every six months to ensure....Now that i'm in my thrities...married with kids...my 2011 Ducati 848 is about 80 bucks every six months....

thankgod
Sun May 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I don't squid it up usally but today a few friends and I ran into some dude in a Bugati Veyron, and we we played around with him heading W bound I-70, trying to pass him, needless to say we didn't win. So sorry for my squid like behaviour. We did keep two wheels on the on the asphalt the whole time tho. It's not everyday you see a 2.6 million dollar car on the road...:w00t:

mastap07
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:23 AM
wait... your not supposed to do wheelies in traffic??? :think:

Ricky
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:34 AM
And people wonder why sportbike insurance is extremely high for the 18-30 year old male...My first sportbike I bought was a new 1998 Honda F3 (yes i was dumb and bought a new bike for my first bike...and it was stolen six months later...). I was paying almost 1200 buck every six months to ensure....Now that i'm in my thrities...married with kids...my 2011 Ducati 848 is about 80 bucks every six months....

Yup. I just got my renewal for the bike, and it went up about a dollar a month. Reasons stated were that my make/model of vehicle claim history has shown to be higher risk. Bummer.

DeeStylez
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:52 AM

That sounds like some really good rates especially if thats full coverage. What insurance company if you dont mind me asking?

Mother Goose
Mon May 9th, 2011, 09:03 AM
wait... your not supposed to do wheelies in traffic??? :think:
Especially 6th Ave. :eyebrows:

bulldog
Mon May 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Especially 6th Ave. :eyebrows: I thought you just liked skin grafts Wicky! :lol: Yet you still ride in jeans :dunno:

Airreed
Mon May 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
What insurance company if you dont mind me asking?
USAA

Riverdog
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM
USAA

I carry USAA for everything but my bike unfortunately. When I bought my bike in 08 I was told they do not write motorcycle policies. Is this a recent change in policy with them, because I would love to get the bike on with them???

BC14
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I carry USAA for everything but my bike unfortunately. When I bought my bike in 08 I was told they do not write motorcycle policies. Is this a recent change in policy with them, because I would love to get the bike on with them???
I had the same thing said to me, so I went with Progressive.

ndnbennyb
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I was just shopping for insurance on a bike recently. USAA told me that their "sister" company was Progressive. And they were a rip for me. I ended up going with State Farm and I saved a ton with them. Geico was the next cheapest for full coverage. What I pay a year in full coverage with State Farm is a little more than I was paying for my HD.

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:18 PM
when I was 24, full coverage on my 955cc touring bike was ~$2k/year with most companies except for SF, my gixxer 750 is ~$100 and the triumph is now $200...whatever sense that makes

Mother Goose
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I thought you just liked skin grafts Wicky! :lol: Yet you still ride in jeans :dunno:
Got some textile pants over the winter. If you'd come around once in a while, you'd know this. :D

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Got some textile pants over the winter. If you'd come around once in a while, you'd know this. :D

the canyons are too far from his house...

highpsi03
Mon May 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I don't squid it up usally but today a few friends and I ran into some dude in a Bugati Veyron, and we we played around with him heading W bound I-70, trying to pass him, needless to say we didn't win. So sorry for my squid like behaviour. We did keep two wheels on the on the asphalt the whole time tho. It's not everyday you see a 2.6 million dollar car on the road...:w00t:
Funny you mention this because i was coming east bound on i-70 and saw a Veyron going west bound yesterday.. Im sure it was the same car.

Repsol a095
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Ridiculous.

I saw that too, and they were on supermotos. I think they were a bunch of hooligans up to no good. A bunch of riffraf if you ask me. Who would own a DRZ anyway? Trouble makers!

VFR
Mon May 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
The reason USAA stopped insuring bikes is two fold: 1. It's highest customer base is in Florida and California. When the hurricanes came through in 2004-2005 the claims went through the roof. 2. Mostly service members, retirees, and their spouses/siblings are USAA customers and their was a large boom in service members buying, and unfortunately, crashing bikes for a 3 year spike. This was due mostly to a lot of service members coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan and receiving lots of TDY funds. Buying a bike was easy after being gone for a year then returning to a 10K plus deployment check. I have 2 bikes with USAA since 2004 and the good thing is if you have a bike with them you can continue to insure through them with any bike you get from that point forward as long as you always have one on the books. BUT if you sale your bike and try to insure another with them they will lead you to the beehive lady with the price gun.

AOK303
Mon May 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
state farm was by far the cheapest when i looked around 225 for full coverage 500 duc for the year

Had someone in a blue r6 from 6 n i25 to when i got off at countyline road keep slowing down 5 cars behind me then flying by.... not sure what he was doing

Swift
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:32 AM
USAA for my car, Progressive for the bike.

Bike is something like $770 for the year with no comprehensive and 300K Liability/Medical. Definitely the cheapest for me out of the other companies.

spdu4ia
Tue May 10th, 2011, 04:20 AM
love how this turned into an insurance comparison thread haha

willb003
Tue May 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I saw that too, and they were on supermotos. I think they were a bunch of hooligans up to no good. A bunch of riffraf if you ask me. Who would own a DRZ anyway? Trouble makers!

Who said anything about a DRZ?

Your the only one with a suzuki factory in his backyard....

thaitanic
Sun May 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Was he one of the "Fluff Ryders"?:)...LOL @fluff ryders. you mean ruff ryders lol. they all same anyway fluffy

brennahm
Sun May 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
^Is that how you type Ebonics?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
...LOL @fluff ryders. you mean ruff ryders lol. they all same anyway fluffy
Actually, I can't take credit for "Fluff Ryders", I think maybe King Nothing coined that one. But, yeah, probably one of those ass clowns. In cleveland, we had the Star Boyz assclowns. If ever I wished a motorcyclist would get run over by an 18-wheeler it was those assholes.

madvlad
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM
What a moron... go figure.