PDA

View Full Version : Greeley Riders?

2whlxtremist
Sun May 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Okay, where are all the Greeley riders? Any meet up spots and specific days? I just moved here. Where I use to live we had meet up spots and nights. Hope I don't have to always go to Denver to meet other riders. Let's hear it Greeley!

What about Sonic on Friday and/or Saturday nights? Other ideas?

MRA 32
Sun May 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM
From the late 90's till about '05 we rode around town a bunch. We used to meet up at Mcdonalds on tenth street...but the gangs started getting aggressive with us as well as the police. So we kind of quit riding together and now it has kind of died here in Greeley. I had some great times with the guys and gals (yeah, we had a few sport bike babes with their own bikes) that I rode with.

Last week at the road Kill I was chatting with some other CSCers about doing some local Greeley ride nights. So lets do it! Lets meet at Sonic, see how many show up, and if we want to meet somewhere else than so be it. Saturdays nights are usually the best due to the fact most people work on Saturdays and don't want to stay out late on Friday nights.

There was some nights in the past when I can remember 60 bikes out riding. A group that big cruising town gets some attention.

I say we start this coming Saturday the 14th at Sonic.

Jeff

MRA 32
Tue May 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
What is this??? Nobody want to get together for a ride night? Come on people lets hear from you about a ride night?

bauers007
Tue May 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I'm brand new to the forum but live in Greeley and would be up for a ride night. There must be a few others from Greeley on here...

TorchRedCorvette
Wed May 11th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'm in Fort Morgan but I wouldn't have a problem heading over there to ride for a while... :D

MRA 32
Fri May 13th, 2011, 04:29 PM
The weather will be a bit unsettled for this weekend. Maybe next weekend. Jeff

daemon
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I may be persuaded to show my face!!!

2whlxtremist
Fri May 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Now this is the way it starts. As MRA said, it is suppose to be a little cool this weekend. Let's check out the next weekend at Sonic.

Friday night? Saturday night? Time?

Tylar
Fri May 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
From the late 90's till about '05 we rode around town a bunch. We used to meet up at Mcdonalds on tenth street...but the gangs started getting aggressive with us as well as the police. So we kind of quit riding together and now it has kind of died here in Greeley. I had some great times with the guys and gals (yeah, we had a few sport bike babes with their own bikes) that I rode with.

There was some nights in the past when I can remember 60 bikes out riding. A group that big cruising town gets some attention.

I say we start this coming Saturday the 14th at Sonic.

Jeff

Dang....memories. /sniff.

Cruising 10th at night and then meeting at the McD's on 10th for daytime rides...

MRA 32
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Tylar, we miss you up here! Those were some good times. Maybe I can twist your arm to come up here for a few nights this summer? In fact I think I still have your phone number.

Jeff

Tylar
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM
It's been 10 years to the month since I left Greality and had my last "lap" around town.

At the very least, I think the wife and I may ride up for Stampede so I can get my ceremonial turkey leg.

MRA 32
Mon May 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I am going to ride Friday night this weekend. The weather isn't cooperating very well so I may change my mind. I will be racing at PPIR on Sunday so I won't be out on Saturday night. Which Sonic do we want to meet at? West 10th or 23rd Ave in Evans? I was thinking of a window of time for us to all meet up: 7-8 pm?

Jeff

OUTLAWD
Mon May 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'll be at the track all weekend.

maybe next time :up:

HOTCARCASS
Tue May 17th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Im in windsor and would like to meet some new folks. So Im down. putting the bike back together on wednesday. and then i plan to put 10k of canyon miles on the zuk.

OUTLAWD
Tue May 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
holy sh*t! a post from Sal!

daemon
Tue May 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM
holy sh*t! a post from Sal!

Between myself and Sal suddenly posting the world may be coming to an end!

MRA 32
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I sent out the ride night text to the local guys I have rode with for years...They are down for some ride nights too. IF the weather cooperates for this Friday let's plan on meeting at the Sonic out on west tenth by Rafferty's (This is the new one just built in the last year or so). For those of you not familiar; Sonic is at the intersection of west tenth (business 34) and 59th Ave in west Greeley.

We should leave a window of time open for people to roll in. I think 7-8ish then see what everyone wants to do when we all are there?

My bike has my MRA number 32 plate on it and I have an obnoxious exhaust so I am hard to miss.

See ya all if it is nice and not raining, Jeff

Joelchambers03
Wed May 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
What up greeley peeps about time something gets started... I'll try and make it on friday. Anyone near Unc down to ride in the afternoons when its nice? I'm always down to ride all day saturdays wife works...so if any one is interested hit me up I ride an 09 honda cbr 600rr pheonix edition

MRA 32
Wed May 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
The weather really sucks...Is it May or March? I plan on riding Friday night unless it is raining. The weather will keep the turnout down but we need to get this started and continue it.

Jeff

2whlxtremist
Wed May 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Looks like a shitty Friday, AGAIN! I have been checking the weather back in Nebraska (from which I just moved), and it has been great. This is the most my bike has had to sit this early in the year. I don't like it, and I can tell you, the bike doesn't like it either. I will wait to see what it is like at 8:00 p.m. on Friday. I was thinking about the Sonic on 10th St. If the bike can't come out, I might venture the Mustang out. Feeling a need for speed here.

koru
Thu May 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Well is that 7 in the morning or at night my seat is getting re-upolstered and wont be done untill tomorrow hopefully in the morning and so it makes it hard to ride my bike but if its at night ill be there:w00t:

Joelchambers03
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Was looking at the weather earlier it might be just right for tonight as long as its not raining I'll be there not sure for how long but I'll be there..

MRA 32
Fri May 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
See ya all tonight at Sonic between 7 and 8pm. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate. Jeff

koru
Fri May 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
sure hope this rain blows over :banghead:

koru
Fri May 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
its all my fault i washed my bike and just got my seat back from the upholstery shop so it all makes sense

Joelchambers03
Fri May 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Come on greeley riders lets do this! I'll be there jeff worst case I'll get a little wet and I'll hang out sonic with a cherry lime aid

MRA 32
Fri May 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM
The sun has come out and looks like we can ride tonight. I may wait till about 7:30ish to leave the house and let the streets dry a bit.

Jeff

koru
Fri May 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM
7:30 looks good be there or be square

Joelchambers03
Fri May 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Roads aren't bad at all I'm already here hope people show up

daemon
Sat May 21st, 2011, 03:01 AM
At least i made an appearance..hope we can try again next week!

MRA 32
Sat May 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Roads dried out and four of us showed up on two wheels and one showed in four wheels. It was a bit chilly on the ride home at 10:00 pm :shock:
We decided last night that we want to move around to a couple different meeting spots. We are thinking about meeting up next Friday in the parking lot were Pitchers (the old Smiling Mouse) and Carls Jr. is on 11th ave just south of the UNC campus. There is a selection of places to eat in that shopping center besides the two previously mentioned places. We may try to bounce between Sonic and Pitchers for a change of pace.

See ya, Jeff

bauers007
Sat May 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
I couldn't make it last night because I was replacing the speedo drive that randomly busted on a ride a couple weeks ago. I came home from work and the part had finally come in the mail so I decided to get that taken care of. Hope to make it sometime coming up

2whlxtremist
Sat May 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Sorry guys. Here I suggested this and then was unable to come out. I am not sure if I will be in town next Friday, but if I am, I plan to be out.

I will look for a new thread about next Friday.