PDA

View Full Version : fun at races?

King Nothing
Sun May 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I hope everyone had fun at the races and nobody got pulled over by law enforement on the drive home. :shock:

vort3xr6
Sun May 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
What a great weekend! Weather cooperated as well.

tecknojoe
Sun May 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Good weekend in the corners. There were some very fast guys (and ladies) out there

cromer611
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:16 AM
hella fun!

FZRguy
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Me thinks Doug got a ticket.

Mother Goose
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:36 AM
State Patrol was out there this weekend, that's for sure.

Ninja2
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Went out Saturday to watch. I had a blast! Great day despite sunburn! See you in 2 weeks at PPIR.

salsashark
Mon May 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM

Me thinks Douggy works for the CSP and had to deal with chuckle heads flying back from the races...

hcr25
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:13 AM
It was more like work for me. My three races went well and I am a tired old man that for sure.

Huge thanks to the corner workers! We have a good group from the CSC, we couldnt race without you!
Mike

dirkterrell
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Huge thanks to the corner workers! We have a good group from the CSC, we couldnt race without you!
Mike

Absolutely! Corner workers have a special brand of awesomeness. Thank you all for being out there. I know from experience how tough it can be on hot days like that. Many, many thanks to all of you for making racing happen.

I only did one sprint race but the result was nothing short of spectacular on my own rather modest scale. I had done maybe a dozen laps at HPR in the last year and a half after taking time off to rehab my right foot. And I decided to race this year only about 3 weeks ago so my conditioning level was pretty crappy. But I still managed to take four seconds off my best lap time out there. I finally have the front end where I want it, and lap after lap, I felt better and better. The lap times just kept dropping. My legs were giving up at the end but I couldn't believe how good it felt to be out there again.

Thanks to Rybo for a long talk and PM exchange after the last MRA meeting that convinced me that I needed to be out there. Mike, ever since the race class a few years ago when you were my instructor, you have always been helpful and encouraging. You are a great example of why racing is so much fun and you are a credit to the sport. And I finally figured out how to keep up with Bueller. Put me on a 750 and put him on a 250. :lol: Following him in practice showed me a better line through 11 and bought me some time, so thanks again Dave. It was great to pit next to you and Renata and the wild beasts.

Dirk

Mother Goose
Mon May 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mike
Truth!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5109/5699139053_aef46a13c5_z.jpg

King Nothing
Mon May 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Nope.

Yup.

Me thinks Douggy works for the CSP and had to deal with chuckle heads flying back from the races...
Yup. :D

bulldog
Mon May 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Yup. :D
WTF...Douggy works for CSP...as in Colorado State Patrol :shock:

modette99
Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:28 PM

They were? Good thing they did not see me do 80mph on those dirt roads out by Hartsel. :D

Bashed
Mon May 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
They were? Good thing they did not see me do 80mph on those dirt roads out by Hartsel. :D

Better find the gas, those are 120 mph roads! :pointlaugh:

And Hartsel is a far cry from Byers. You been drink'in?

Mother Goose
Mon May 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Mmmmkay? :crazy:

modette99
Mon May 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Better find the gas, those are 120 mph roads! :pointlaugh:

And Hartsel is a far cry from Byers. You been drink'in?

If i did 120mph, I'd have a record holder for my ride...LOL