PDA

View Full Version : Tire scrubbing party...EDIT: Tuesday

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM
depending on how productive I am or am not at work in the next hour or so, I may head home, get my rims on and head out for a short ride to scuff the new tires in.

EDIT: could get out of the office early enough...so howabout tomorrow...I can go for something a little longer...just not an all day'er...any time should work, but i may try to roll out in the AM

anybody care to join...maybe pooder->SP/Buckhorn, or maybe Big Thompson-> St. Vrain

PunyJuney
Mon May 9th, 2011, 03:22 PM
it's really windy over here Dave, be careful

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
says 20-25mph up here...shouldn't be too bad...thanks for the heads up though :)

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
softball at 6pm :(

And the VFR is packed for a roadtrip

Foolds
Mon May 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Dude just do what I do and use an electric sander =)

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Dude just do what I do and use an electric sander =)

Now there's an idea. I still have 1/4" of strip on the rear where my nuts just haven't been big enough to attempt a scrub.

Scer
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I would man but already getting prepped for pikes peak.

Have fun!!

scrub on scrubbas

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I don't have one

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
you unloaded yet? ...I could scrub my way down to Loveland

ndnbennyb
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Where you located and when are you thinking of going?

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Where you located and when are you thinking of going?

...maybe just pooder->SP/Buckhorn and back into FoCo

Translation:

FoCo = Fort Collins, CO 80525
pooder = Poudre Canyon/CO Hwy 14
SP = Stove Prarie/Buckhorn Canyon Rd/ Larimer Co Rd 27

OUTLAWD
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Now there's an idea. I still have 1/4" of strip on the rear where my nuts just haven't been big enough to attempt a scrub.

drop the tire pressure and do parking lot figure 8's

ndnbennyb
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Ok. I'm kinda far. Would go if I didn't have work at 5 am.

Ricky
Mon May 9th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Let's see.... sit on my ass with a sander and scrub the tires in. or ride my bike to scrub them in..... tough decision :lol:

Foolds
Tue May 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Let's see.... sit on my ass with a sander and scrub the tires in. or ride my bike to scrub them in..... tough decision :lol:

I was being a smart ass I would never really sand off my chicken strips

Mother Goose
Tue May 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Dave, give me a call, I may be up for a ride with ya.

bulldog
Tue May 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I think Dave needs to stop slacking and get his ass in the gym instead (you could be a muscle monster) :lol: JJ needs to let me train him so we can add some weight and I can prove I know what I am doing when it comes to fast metabolisms.

Ricky and Wicky too! :D

That is all :lol:

OUTLAWD
Tue May 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I was on my trainer this morning for a bit, then went for a ride...I'm getting there man, but my priority right now is getting my ankle stronger

bulldog
Tue May 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I was on my trainer this morning for a bit, then went for a ride...I'm getting there man, but my priority right now is getting my ankle stronger Damn, I keep forgetting about that ankle. Agreed, work on getting that rehabed first. I slacked on my wrist PT when I was 20 and regrett it to this day.

R1-Laubinero
Wed May 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Translation:

FoCo = Fort Collins, CO 80525
pooder = Poudre Canyon/CO Hwy 14
SP = Stove Prarie/Buckhorn Canyon Rd/ Larimer Co Rd 27

wow -- I just learned I live 5 miles from SP!!!--to bad IM in the field still..but Ill be back tmw

Think
Wed May 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I hate checking the forums and seeing threads to go riding. Damn I miss FoCo/CO in general. Alabama SUCKS. Have fun, bitches.

OUTLAWD
Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I always forget how much fun stove prairie is...ya know, besides for the gravel traps and shit visibility due to shadows from the AM sun

but you've got a 1000rr, so I'm jealous of you

DevilDuc
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I always forget how much fun stove prairie is...ya know, besides for the gravel traps and shit visibility due to shadows from the AM sun

Yeah ... and lets not forget about that "open range"!
Nothin like coming around a tight blind corner to have a few cows in your path of travel.
It's a good test of your braking skills as well as your schpincter response! :shock:

OUTLAWD
Mon May 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I don't ride that fast on the street...it helps limit my pucker moments to reacting to the bone-headed moves of other drivers