PDA

View Full Version : Concert Tickets

D_Sp8s
Mon May 9th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I am trying to buy tickets for a concert for my girlfriend's birthday. I was looking on craigslist and I found multiple links to denvertix.com, coloradotix.com, and encoreticketstore.com.

Has anyone had any experience with these websites? Should I stay away from them or what?

The apparent up-side is you can pick your seats, as opposed to ticketmaster where you can't.

JohnEffinK
Tue May 10th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Also try Stub Hub. Website for ticket holders looking to unload tickets to shows they can't make.

Much better than Craigslist...Have used StubHub a few times with no problems.

John

birchyboy
Tue May 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Ray LaMontagne by chance? I have to for Friday, June 17th at Red Rocks....

D_Sp8s
Tue May 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Ray LaMontagne by chance? I have to for Friday, June 17th at Red Rocks....

Nope sorry. She wants Death Cab for Cutie on August 23.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue May 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I'm working a deal w/ Clear Channel of NOCO...they usually give me a ton to tickets...if they are in the bunch, i'll let you know.

D_Sp8s
Wed May 11th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Also try Stub Hub. Website for ticket holders looking to unload tickets to shows they can't make.

John

Even if it says you won't receive the tickets until the day before the concert?

JohnEffinK
Thu May 12th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Depends on what you are comfortable with. I use them last minute (few days prior) and have not had a problem.

John

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM

John

+1

Stubhub.com is great

modette99
Thu May 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
There was something on the local news awhile back (last month) that one of those were selling tickets where you could pick your seats...but the news contacted the event and they said A) tickets were not released yet and b) there was no way they could be selling them based on seats.

That about all I remember from the news story (I'm not a concert person)

modette99
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I ran into the site...it was for allgoodseats
Here is the news story:
http://www.krdo.com/news/27682707/detail.html

Mother Goose
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm working a deal w/ Clear Channel of NOCO...they usually give me a ton to tickets...if they are in the bunch, i'll let you know.
If you get any for Journey, I will love you forever. :) I love you now, but it will be for a very long time.... not just for 5 minutes at a time. ;)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
i've gotten journey tickets in the past i think the last one was for Journey/hart...i'll let you know too.

Sully
Thu May 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Would you be able to get Def Leppard tickets for me? I will love you longer than Chadwick!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 12th, 2011, 10:19 AM
i've got a list going...typically i can only get stuff that is either sponsored or played on one of Clear Channel of NOCO's stations. I'll let you know.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu May 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
...I will love you longer than Chadwick!

Quantity vs. Quality? Wicky is pretty good from all told accounts.

:jerkoff:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
true...but his man boobs are nothing to be desired, sully's on the other hand :drool: :lol: can you bring back one of your old avatars please?

Sully
Thu May 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
:bigeyes: I think I lost those pics when my pc crashed.. :( :boobies: