PDA

View Full Version : For those who have raced Sandia Motorsports Park

Ytry2
Tue May 10th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I am going to feel yall up ;)

this is just a question *for now*
Would you run the current track backwards?

If you could run the whole track, would you?
I am talking about that backside/ other half of the track??

When i started racing down here, i was told we could not race the back side because of that concrete wall *i know more walls* what if that wall were lined with air fence and a chicane put into place to slow riders down back there?

However i ran the Supermotard track day Sunday and that course runs right at that wall and then 1/3 of the way down the back half of the track. So what is the difference? do you get hurt less on a supermoto? :roll:

As i said this is just a question

*MV* #33
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM
SMRI = :gay:

MV
:boobies:

Hoopty
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Ytry = SMRI

:lol:

Ytry2
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:54 AM
SMRI = :gay:

MV
:boobies:

:321: :P I did not ask if was gheyyyyy i asked about the track foo ;)
better watch it, i will have them beat you down with your beer mug *lol*

hcr25
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I have probably raced the SMRI as much or more then anyone in the MRA except for Todd Costly. I am not sure that safety is always the most important thing with them.Last year when the SMRI raced la junta.My friend Shannon Moham crashed in the last turn coming onto the front straight.The turn had no corner workers.he was pinned under his bike for almost 2 complete laps before myself and lurch rode our pit bikes down and lifted the bike off of him.No red flag was ever thrown.
This in no way is a slam on the members of the SMRI i have alot of good friends in the club.
mike

Ytry2
Tue May 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I have probably raced the SMRI as much or more then anyone in the MRA except for Todd Costly. I am not sure that safety is always the most important thing with them.Last year when the SMRI raced la junta.My friend Shannon Moham crashed in the last turn coming onto the front straight.The turn had no corner workers.he was pinned under his bike for almost 2 complete laps before myself and lurch rode our pit bikes down and lifted the bike off of him.No red flag was ever thrown.
This in no way is a slam on the members of the SMRI i have alot of good friends in the club.
mike

That is one of the things we are tring to change... Safety is big on the list.. racer wives, friends, parents can work corners and get free track time for their beloved racers... year end drawing and prizes for corner workers from PJ's

We have instituted novice hours to have corner workers ;) and much more is to come, BIG huge changes - BIG ones ;)

*MV* #33
Tue May 10th, 2005, 11:09 AM
[/quote]

YTRY2 Said " - BIG ones ;)" [/quote]

TC likes big ones :gay:

Ytry2
Tue May 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM
YTRY2 Said " - BIG ones ;)" [/quote]

TC likes big ones :gay:[/quote]

big ole goodens and good ole biggins