PDA

View Full Version : CSC Annual North meets South Memorial Day Ride.

daemon
Thu May 12th, 2011, 05:57 AM
It's time yet again for the yearly meet and greet of the north meets south.

Scott Martinez of Marion's of the Rockies has again opened up his restaurant for our invasion.

Here are the details .
Meeting place ...
Marion's of the Rockies!
2805 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO‎ - (303) 567-2925‎

We will meet here on Sunday May 29th @ 3 P.M.
The day before Memorial day(Tradition)

The northern groups are welcome to meet as we usually do.
one group meets in Lyon's at the Diamond Shamrock Gas station at the designated time and we meet the others at the Sinclair in Nederland.
Whoever the organizer is for the remainder of the groups will gather them as they see fit.
The point is for all of us to arrive around the same time and have a good lunch and enjoy each others company.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me.

ndnbennyb
Thu May 12th, 2011, 06:04 AM
This would be the first I would attend. IMO, if there would be a ride, maybe do it earlier in the day so that way people that come from far away lands don't have to ride back late as heck. If it is just a meet and greet, then 3 would be best to accomodate everyone there. Keep in mind, I have yet to attend one of these so I don't know the goings on.

Reyven
Thu May 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM
To move my comments over here..... I like the earlier food time. It gives the extreme southies and northies time to take a scenic route back to their respective corners. That's just my opinion though.

Bashed
Thu May 12th, 2011, 07:03 AM
To move my comments over here..... I like the earlier food time. It gives the extreme southies and northies time to take a scenic route back to their respective corners. That's just my opinion though.

I vote for the later lunch time. It doesn't get dark till 9, plenty of time to hit the back way home.

ChrisCBX
Thu May 12th, 2011, 07:40 AM
It was packed last year. I think the 3PM idea is great.

BC14
Thu May 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I'm working, so my opinion is of no use.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu May 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I like the later time, not packed and can have less the 8 packed on a table for 4. Also gives plenty of time for morning ride there and plenty of time to get home.

OUTLAWD
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:05 AM
as long as the weather cooperates, riding home in the evening shouldn't be an issue...even if you just get a full day of riding in in the AM, then slab it back home after

NUTZ
Thu May 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'm in for the early lunch. I got to be in Aurora by 3:30...

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu May 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
we jsut ate there 2 weeks ago coming back from our cabin...the food is soooo good up there! doubt i'll be in this year as i am hoping to be streetbikeless.

Nvr2late
Thu May 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I like the idea of having the restaurant to ourselves, 3pm works.

daemon
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:03 AM
BUMP.
Looks like we are leaning towards the later time....
Cool by me. gives me time to travel a few roads that day with the northies before meeting up....

Could i get someone in the south to help get a group or two going?

Mother Goose
Fri May 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
And everyone, since the restaurant is staying open past when they usually close, JUST FOR US, don't be cheap on your tip! I'm sure the people working would rather be headed home, than take care of a bunch of exhaust smellin bikers. :)

Super-zHero
Sat May 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hey everybody! So I looked at the posts , and poll, and most seem to like the 3pm time. Should I plan for this or are you guys still wanting to wait it out a little while until others chime in? Dont know how to start a poll for it but it would be rad to get a guest count so I know what to plan for. IMHO I think the club is better off with this later time so that all can park together, eat where ever they want and mingle a lot easier. Looking forward to it.
Also, as a shamless plug, we are now open until 8:30pm on Fri. and Sat. evenings year round (except saturdays on race weeekends :headbang: ). We also now have a liquor licence although I DO NOT promote this much to those on 2 wheels.

thanks again everybody!!! I'm praying for good wheather and that ALL the groups can show up this year!!

Scotty M

daemon
Sat May 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sweet Scott!!!
Glad you could chime in.
Yeah i think you should go ahead and plan for the later time and the good weather...lord knows it is hit and miss on Memorial Day weekend.
I guess with your new hours you might get some return business from some of the peeps now!
good luck to you!

daemon
Sat May 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
we jsut ate there 2 weeks ago coming back from our cabin...the food is soooo good up there! doubt i'll be in this year as i am hoping to be streetbikeless.

Cage it and be there!!! NUFF SAID...

daemon
Mon May 16th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Well...with 30 votes for the later time i guess we will be meeting at 3 P.M. that day.
I will update the thread soon for all the details.

HOTCARCASS
Mon May 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
To Ride or to Cage. I haven't had a leg over the gixxer for over a year. I'll be commn from windsor (Budwiser Event Center) either way. Carpool or group ride to meet up would be cool. Im inclined to investigate overnight digs in idahoe spgs. so i can ride and chill. comments... ideas???

daemon
Tue May 17th, 2011, 05:29 AM
To Ride or to Cage.
Hey Sal....how are ya???
It'll be good to see you.

I have updated the original post.
Feel free to scrutinize if i left something out!

Tylar
Tue May 17th, 2011, 07:34 AM
We (JTigger and myself) will be meeting the Northies in Lyons.

I'll be more than happy to sweep for this if there's a need.

asp_125
Tue May 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Where are the southies meeting up? What about the middles (ie west siders) - I guess we can sleep in till two.

daemon
Tue May 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Where are the southies meeting up? What about the middles (ie west siders) - I guess we can sleep in till two.

I haven't heard from any of the southies yet Jeff.
Hope to soon though. really need to know who is leaving from where.
The Northies can meet in Lyon's around noon.
that gives some of us early birds a chance to have fun before meeting up in Lyon's.
We will meet any group in Nederland around 1 P.M. that day.
Do a little meet and greet and hi tail it to our destination.

asp_125
Tue May 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Feeler: MoCo ride over Squaw Pass to the meetup. KSU 1pm? Haven't been up Squaw this season so dunno how bad the potholes are, so pace will be appropriate.

daemon
Tue May 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Feeler: MoCo ride over Squaw Pass to the meetup. KSU 1pm? Haven't been up Squaw this season so dunno how bad the potholes are, so pace will be appropriate.
Looking for a road report from you on this one.
Haven't been on Squaw pass in years.really would like to.
I will post up a ride meet for that day in the Northern section.
Most likely be at Sandy's Conoco for a quick jaunt up and down...you know the route!

Jason ON
Wed May 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I vote for the later lunch time. It doesn't get dark till 9, plenty of time to hit the back way home.

That's what I was thinking.

is it ever?

And everyone, since the restaurant is staying open past when they usually close, JUST FOR US, don't be cheap on your tip! I'm sure the people working would rather be headed home, than take care of a bunch of exhaust smellin bikers. :)

I smell like roses. All the time. True story.

Perhaps...

Sully
Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I was up there @ a month go, maybe? Potholes on Squaw Pass were about the same, crappy! There was snow on the South side of the mtn and road. Should be melted by now, hopefully! :cold:

BC14
Wed May 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM
is it ever?

Probably not, but I sure like to think so :yay:

Super-zHero
Thu May 19th, 2011, 09:56 PM
So I probably need to start a head count to make sure that I'm good to go. If you guys could just post up that ur coming +1 or +2 for two uppers that would be cool!
Thanks
Scotty m /. Marions of the Rockies

GuitarX
Thu May 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
+1

asp_125
Thu May 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
+2

Concabar
Thu May 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Missed out on last years do to an accident on our way up. So I will be making out this year

Tylar
Thu May 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
+2, me and Jtigger.

daemon
Sat May 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Bump for the weekenders to see....

BTW Scott. i think it goes to say i will be there.
Most likely just me though!

ChrisCBX
Sat May 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Maria & I will be there fo sho

DemonRider
Sat May 21st, 2011, 11:20 PM
+3, wife and daughter will Cage it, son and I will ride!:)

JonnyD
Sat May 21st, 2011, 11:49 PM
I'll be there

Mindgame16
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
anyone meeting up north in Thornton area? I would love to meet up this would be my first time up there and would love to not get lost :)

daemon
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
anyone meeting up north in Thornton area? I would love to meet up this would be my first time up there and would love to not get lost :)
We will be meeting in Lyons at the Diamond shamrock.
I was gonna post up a thread...time for meet up will be high noon!

Tylar
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
We will be meeting in Lyons at the Diamond shamrock.
I was gonna post up a thread...time for meet up will be high noon!

We'll be coming from Brighton as well...

Ghost
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Did Squaw Saturday (yesterday), it's a mess of cracks and potholes. Lots of snow still on the ground so lots of melt washing water and sand across the road.

Has anyone called the restaurant and asked/alerted them about a Large group coming in at Closing time? It's just plain rude to do that to people who aren't expecting to get slammed when they're hoping to go home. These people have lives and plans and it's not cool to disrupt it all just for your collective laziness.

Plus, most restaurants usually begin to shut down the kitchen and start cleaning 30min prior to the posted closing time so they can leave on time.

Calling them this morning and alerting them would allow them to prepare to keep the place open and find volunteers to work the group--for usually half minimum wage plus tips, so tip generously.

daemon
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
LOL!!!
Superzero is the owner and he is full aware and looking forward to it....
this is the third year we have had it at his place and the first 2 were overcrowded!!
Hence his choice to stay open.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=567297&postcount=28

Did Squaw Saturday (yesterday), it's a mess of cracks and potholes. Lots of snow still on the ground so lots of melt washing water and sand across the road.

Has anyone called the restaurant and asked/alerted them about a Large group coming in at Closing time? It's just plain rude to do that to people who aren't expecting to get slammed when they're hoping to go home. These people have lives and plans and it's not cool to disrupt it all just for your collective laziness.

Plus, most restaurants usually begin to shut down the kitchen and start cleaning 30min prior to the posted closing time so they can leave on time.

Calling them this morning and alerting them would allow them to prepare to keep the place open and find volunteers to work the group--for usually half minimum wage plus tips, so tip generously.

Mindgame16
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
well yeah but never been that far north on bike so would be appreciated if there are peeps comming up from the south or in the thornton area if i could meet up to get to Lyons meets spot. otherwise i will get lost getting up there and don't want to turn around and head home :(

Spooph
Sun May 22nd, 2011, 11:52 PM
I should be there. Just me.

Vellos
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 12:06 AM
I should be there. Just me.

Take me with you!

blaircsf
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 12:37 AM
I'm going to try to make it. Will just have to decide what group to meet up with.

daemon
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Here is the link to the Northie meeting points!
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=568480#post568480

Reyven
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 06:56 AM
+2 :) looking forward to it!

Tylar
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
well yeah but never been that far north on bike so would be appreciated if there are peeps comming up from the south or in the thornton area if i could meet up to get to Lyons meets spot. otherwise i will get lost getting up there and don't want to turn around and head home :(

As we get closer to it, if you don't have someone to meet up with, you can roll with the wif' and I.

we generally take 7 west to I-25, I-25 north to 66 and then west on 66 into Lyons.

Ted
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM

If you can't find peeps to ride with (which is very very unlikely) to the meeting spots as the date gets closer, shoot me a pm. I am in Boulder, so US-36 will get you to Boulder, then i can take you to either the Lyons or Ned meeting spots.

ndnbennyb
Tue May 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Any southies going?

daemon
Wed May 25th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Any southies going?

Lord i hope so!!!!
Someone....anyone grab a group from the south.

OH and BTW.
Weather looks to be decent this weekend.
That does not mean that you should be unprepared....
Bring a rain suit if you can...

stubbicatt
Wed May 25th, 2011, 05:54 AM

"I am an accountant. Consequently my opinion is too boring to be of interest."

--MPFC.

:coffee:

OUTLAWD
Wed May 25th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Any southies going?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39969

daemon
Fri May 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Just a reminder for everyone to do a walkaround your bike to ensure everything is good to go!!!
Lights,chain tension, LICENSE PLATE,....do you have your tools??? rain gear???

Everyone let's be safe and have fun....

daemon
Fri May 27th, 2011, 04:33 PM
OH and BTW....
If anyone needs my ### Please message me.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Looks like the weather is probably going to be the suck, dammit:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USCO0005?dayNum=2

daemon
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
It's possible the weather will be bad and i won't blame people for backing out....for some reason though we still get a good crowd that show up despite the weather!!!

Sir Bacon Lube
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
.....do you have your tools???

Only if Frank and Dave are going :)

50sGrl
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Might be a good day to try out my Frogg Togs rain suit.

Ninja2
Sat May 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Just checked the weather forecast (again). Looks like all is good tomorrow from Idaho Springs south. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.:w00t:

Super-zHero
Sat May 28th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Just checked the weather and it's still looking like a decent day to hook up with your buddies and take a ride to a dope lil family restaurant that will be serving .....
Stuffed pork chops
BBQ brisket sandwich
11oz mtn style chix fried steak
Plus all the other fine foods on the regular menu (including breakfast)
See you here and please ride safe!!!
Scotty M

Oh and I was warned of a possible huge turnout so please be patient and we will promise to get you fed!

Sleev
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Just a reminder for everyone to do a walkaround your bike to ensure everything is good to go!!!
Lights,chain tension, LICENSE PLATE,....do you have your tools??? rain gear???

Everyone let's be safe and have fun....

wait, we have to have license plates?

daemon
Sun May 29th, 2011, 07:45 AM
wait, we have to have license plates?

I'ts just a suggestion...LOL

Well it looks like a dismal day none the less.
hope everyone is prepared for it.
I will be at the meet up points in my most timely fashion.

64BonnieLass
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Some friends who live in Ned, say it's sunny and wonderful as of right now. :)

Tylar
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
It's clearing in Brighton and quite warm already. I think we'll have a good ride. :w00t:

madvlad
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Have a fun ride guys, wish I could join but don't like to do long rides without the proper gear.

Super-zHero
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Its warm, sunny and not a cloud in the sky (for now). see you at 3!!
guess ill start getting lunch ready :horse: :)

ChrisCBX
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM

See you at 3. The brisket sandwich sounds good. :)

Richie-Rich
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Any body from the west going? Im Dillon/Silverthorn/Breck area looking for people to ride with!?

Not a cloud in the sky over here in silverthorn.

Tylar
Sun May 29th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Good ride, guys. Excellent weather.

Tylar
Sun May 29th, 2011, 06:40 PM

My stuffed pork loin was unbelievable! Thanks for letting us have your restaurant!

64BonnieLass
Sun May 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Thank you Mayo for putting on another wonderful Memorial weekend event. You really do such a phenomenal job at putting the whole thing together for everyone every year. It was also good to see so many friends. The group I was able to ride with was stellar in every way. Mayo, Sal and Oscar - thank you all for such a nice day! :)

daemon
Sun May 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Thank you all for an almost stellar day!!!
I will have plenty to say and post tomorrow.
For now i just need some rest. we did a little extra curricular activity after we all split.
Pics tomorrow!!!

AOK303
Mon May 30th, 2011, 01:20 AM
AHHH wish i could of rode... damn job doesn't let me have any fun

Tylar
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
AHHH wish i could of rode... damn job doesn't let me have any fun

Pretty sure I saw your bike on the slacker ride on Friday, though. So it's not all horrible....:headbang:

Matty
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Sorry Katie and I didn't make it all the way to Idaho Springs. The seating position on the Fighter is not that ideal for 2 up riding.

Ninja2
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hi Everyone,
My pics are up: https://picasaweb.google.com/ninjapic/NorthMeetsSouthMemorialDayRideMay292011?authkey=Gv 1sRgCKaSx46Am-XvpAE#
It was great seeing everyone. Hope you made it home safe. Thanks again for Marion's for the great food and staying open just for us. And no tickets or crashes.:w00t:

daemon
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Mine are up on my FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1904479425071.105215.1634310282
Let me know if you need access~!

asp_125
Mon May 30th, 2011, 09:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_nieN1jpOo&feature=player_embedded

Unfortunately the GoPro decide to shut off before we got to central city parkway. :(

Nvr2late
Mon May 30th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks Mayo for organizing this event, it was great having the entire restaurant to ourselves.

Hi Everyone,
My pics are up: https://picasaweb.google.com/ninjapic/NorthMeetsSouthMemorialDayRideMay292011?authkey=Gv 1sRgCKaSx46Am-XvpAE#
It was great seeing everyone. Hope you made it home safe. Thanks again for Marion's for the great food and staying open just for us. And no tickets or crashes.:w00t:

Glad you guys made it home safely. :)

ndnbennyb
Mon May 30th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Mine are up on my FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1904479425071.105215.1634310282
Let me know if you need access~!

I need access please

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Nice to meet some new faces to go with some board names. Nice work Mayo!

AOK303
Mon May 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Pretty sure I saw your bike on the slacker ride on Friday, though. So it's not all horrible....:headbang:

TRUE but I have tues and wens off now I need weekends so I can go on these runs and more

daemon
Mon May 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Nice to meet some new faces to go with some board names. Nice work Mayo!

I know this ride is as has always been...North and South draw their lines and we do the simple meet and greet.....
I love it none the less!!!
Great times with great people.
LET'S KEEP THIS ONE GOING....

asp_125
Mon May 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Bring more dirty southies up next time. Their table was the loudest. :lol:

Concabar
Mon May 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Bring more dirty southies up next time. Their table was the loudest. :lol:

Sorry, if we ruined your lunch. We southern folks are just loud naturally and it was only 7 of us, and sometimes when they let us out, we just don't know how to act in public. :) That was Rabea's cackling. But we did have a good time.

asp_125
Mon May 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry, if we ruined your lunch...

Not at all! We were thinking "I want what they're having".

Concabar
Mon May 30th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Not at all! We were thinking "I want what they're having".

We are just a rowdy bunch, it took us 2.5 hours to get there, so we were just winding down. :)

daemon
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Reviving old thread... This event is coming up again soon. I hope we can keep the same plan this year. That is all. I will post a new thread .

mastap07
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
might be in town for this one!

mathman1000
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Reviving old thread... This event is coming up again soon. I hope we can keep the same plan this year. That is all. I will post a new thread .

Yeah Mayo! I hope this happens.

asp_125
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hmmm.. mebbeh.

CBR-Cowboy
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
i will be there!

daemon
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I hope this year is as good as last year

daemon
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM