PDA

View Full Version : Need some help.

11bravo
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
My buddy and I took apart my r1 together and before i got the parts in to finish fixxing it up he had to deploy. He knew what he was doing. Unfortunetly i do not. Im replacing the friction plates and pressure plate for my clutch. Now im having a hard time getting the pressure plate on. The springs need to go down alot more but it keeps spinning on me when i try to tighten them down. Few other small things i need to do as well. I would take it to a bike mechanic but i cant spend the ammount there looking for but if anyone could help me out. Maybe even stop by I could compensate you some how maybe buy you lunch throw you some gas money. OH and the bike is a 2008 R1. Really want to get back on the road with it any help would be greatly appricated.

rybo
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Bravo,

The pressure plate is indexed and will only go on one way. There should be an arrow or something on it that indicates how to line it up. The plates / basket usually have one slot that is larger than the others, the arrow would typically point to that slot.

Hope that helps

Scott

McVaaahhh
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/batink/Animal%20House/advice.jpg

spdu4ia
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:10 AM
are you in springs? PM me your address and phone. If i can get out there and back before I have to get my daughter i'll stop by and take a look but i'm guessing the basket isn't lined up correctly. If you remove it and look at the slots and the teeth you should be able to see how to line it up.