PDA

View Full Version : Sealmate AKA fixed leaking fork seals for FREE!

spdu4ia
Fri May 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
First: I am not endorsing the product or trying to promote or sell anything since I didn't buy it.... i did use the idea and made my own.

My right for seal was leaking and I figured why not try this out since it can't hurt right? I watched a couple of youtube videos on it and decided space monkets could do it so I went into the garage and cut the shape out of an old plasticy folder (thin one) and gave it a go. I followed the info videos I watched and didn't think it worked at first.

Right after you sweep the seals the oil leaks out a bit before it reseats. FYI all the pics are for dirtbikes and on my bike I didn't "move the dust shield" I just pushed it up past both seals). Well I did it last night and took the bike out today. It was a little weapy when I left and did a couple of wheelies (in a non populated 2 lane road with no traffic of course) to seat the seals. Stopped at a gas station to wipe the seapage from the begining of the ride then rode home (15-20 miles).

GUESS WHAT!/? forks are completely DRY! I'm not saying it is a mirracle product and i'm sure people have been doing it for a long time but just wanted to share my ellation with you guys. Got leaking for seals? try this first!

http://sealmate.net/instructions.html

http://sealmate.net/image/instructphotos/inststep5.jpg

brennahm
Fri May 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Done it before. Works when you get dirt and crap stuck in there (read: dirtbikes with mud chunks and rocks/pebbles caught up there). I don't see it working on neglected street bikes.

I use feeler gauges.

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I used old 35mm film negative strips on my gushing Buell seal at the beginning of the year and it has been dry since.

The GECCO
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I used old 35mm film negative strips on my gushing Buell seal at the beginning of the year and it has been dry since.

still carry some film as part of the "trail" pack