PDA

View Full Version : No longer a virgin

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Lost my lane splitting virginity today..
I did it before in first gear at the light while other cars were just standing around, but this time it was on the road while doing about 40-45 in a medium traffic.

It was fun.

And yes, I had film crew with me when I did it and tutorials of how to do it are available upon request!

Spiderman
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
:wtf: You are aware that lane "splitting" (the correct technical term is "lane sharing") is illegal here in CO, right?

Not something I'd be bragging about on a public forum. :no:

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM
aware....
thanks mom...

Spiderman
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
And you wonder why Sportbike riders have a bad rep?

Bueller
Fri May 13th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I am impressed.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Too bad he didn't post this earlier in the day so the few left on CSC could tell him what a dip shit he is!!

Post up when you rob a bank, too...

GuitarX
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:28 PM
:squid::squid::squid:

Sean
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM
And you wonder why Sportbike riders have a bad rep?:imwithstupid:

AOK303
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
oi

cbrjohnny
Fri May 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
he is SOOO cool! cant you guys tell?

Ayato
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:06 PM
bawwwww, we new members are making lots of shitty threads this spring -_-

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:25 PM
are you telling me you all never done this? in all the years of riding..... never?

Zach929rr
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM
My Dick just went from half to full mast at your coolness.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I did it rarely in SoCal when I lived there, never really felt comfortable with it even though it's legal there and cagers are used to it (though some are still dicks about it). I would only do it in stopped or almost stopped traffic, slowly, and only if I knew traffic was backed up for a ways. Doing it here isn't a good idea, it's illegal, and the cagers are totally NOT watching for it, and are likely to be a lot more hostile about it.

willb003
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Damn how did you do it? Can you teach me?

DRKATO1
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:42 PM
We need gopro video as proof or it didn't happen.

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I did it rarely in SoCal when I lived there, never really felt comfortable with it even though it's legal there and cagers are used to it (though some are still dicks about it). I would only do it in stopped or almost stopped traffic, slowly, and only if I knew traffic was backed up for a ways. Doing it here isn't a good idea, it's illegal, and the cagers are totally NOT watching for it, and are likely to be a lot more hostile about it.

right on... I know its illegal here, but hey, I wanted to give it a try.

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM
We need gopro video as proof or it didn't happen.

coming right up! i will have a film crew with me next time I do it!

deadline
Fri May 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Damn how did you do it? Can you teach me?

I will write you a tutorial.. just email me

Matty
Fri May 13th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I will write you a tutorial.. just email me

Sarcasm there buddy......

Vellos
Fri May 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/files/1291410241660_155.jpg

deadline
Sat May 14th, 2011, 04:26 AM
converting my bike into this, so i can be in both lanes at the same time! YES!!

http://media.techeblog.com/images/yamahatess_800x600_d.jpg

CaptGoodvibes
Sat May 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
bawwwww, we new members are making lots of shitty threads this spring -_-

I didn't want to say it but...

Anyway,

The first step is recognizing you have a problem. :D

Spooph
Sat May 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Deadline, lol, many of us do it, we just don't post up about it... If anything we only post up hints about stupidity, and not a direct confession of it... :P

cbrjohnny
Sat May 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
its best done with a pink tutu on lol!

deadline
Sat May 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
having hard time recovering a video for those that needed proof, but I found one picture taken while I was at it...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rJLt33yn8Rs/TZ8GWpiouQI/AAAAAAAAArA/cRpjCtTsIzI/s400/nude+runner+on+highway.jpg

Spooph
Sat May 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
lol!

Swift
Sat May 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
lmao

DRKATO1
Sun May 15th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Proof accepted, no video needed. LMAO

I think you're a true CSC member now.:cheers:

gearhead2011
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Just be careful, car/truck drivers can get really pissed off... did you see the video of that redneck pos chasing down that biker in ky?! All it takes is one pissed off driver, or one lane change without them noticing you

Vellos
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Just be careful, car/truck drivers can get really pissed off... did you see the video of that redneck pos chasing down that biker in ky?! All it takes is one pissed off driver, or one lane change without them noticing you

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/7633/kool14ps.jpg

pauliep
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
kitesurfer?

Finklestein87
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Bananaboat?

VFR
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM
are you telling me you all never done this? in all the years of riding..... never?

Never, ever..Your putting your life between an inch or 2 of space on each side, no thanks I'll pass (in the passing zone).

Vellos
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
Never, ever..Your putting your life between an inch or 2 of space on each side, no thanks I'll pass (in the passing zone).

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/7633/kool14ps.jpg

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/634016_o.gif

Stank Juic3
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Bahahahahahaha these forums are ruthless!!!!

VFR
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
LOL..He's going to get his post count up 2 1000 with 999 of them Kool-Aid pics

Vellos
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
LOL..He's going to get his post count up 2 1000 with 999 of them Kool-Aid pics

http://www.briansprayberry.com/wp-content/images/blog/Oh%20Yeah.jpg

duelist13
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Yup, people have been entertained by amazingly lame stuff for over a century:

http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/kool1.jpg

Vellos
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
That's epic.

VFR
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Classic!

deadline
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM

inch or 2? are you serious???... what roads are you riding on?
there is at least a foot on each side!

deadline
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
actually... this got me curious...

Avarage width of a car is 6 feet. Source - http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-07-15-little-big-cars_N.htm

And according to FHWA, 12 feet per lane is the standard width for highways(or Freeways), although it common to see lanes as small as 11 feet wide.

With all that in mind, average space between two cars traveling on highway, each in its lane is about 5 feet. No less then 4 no more then 7.

Whoever said there is an inch of space between him and another vehicle while lane splitting, must be doing it in his car!

asp_125
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:20 PM

Avarage width of a car is 6 feet. Source - http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-07-15-little-big-cars_N.htm

And according to FHWA, 12 feet per lane is the standard width for highways(or Freeways), although it common to see lanes as small as 11 feet wide.

With all that in mind, average space between two cars traveling on highway, each in its lane is about 5 feet. No less then 4 no more then 7.

Whoever said there is an inch of space between him and another vehicle while lane splitting, must be doing it in his car!

You are assuming drivers keep in the center of their lanes and don't drift to one side or the other, which doesn't happen here.

deadline
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
You are assuming drivers keep in the center of their lanes and don't drift to one side or the other, which doesn't happen here.

Well, assuming you will do the line split when they are more apart, lets say 6 feet from each other, it would take you no more then a second to fly by them, even if they move a foot closer to one another(in that one second and at the same time), there is still plenty of space.

deadline
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
p.s. if you are going 50 mph - you are going 73.3 feet per second...

wongfeihung
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I commute everyday on my bike. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't tempted to lane split sitting in traffic. :) Never had the balls to do it though.

fiveninerzero
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I split wigs, not lanes

Darth Do'Urden
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I commute everyday on my bike. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't tempted to lane split sitting in traffic. :) Never had the balls to do it though.

Same here. Only thing keeping me in check is the potential for a friggin' ticket, so I continue to putt along behind a metric butt-ton of cagers, scared to death that some stupid chick on her cell phone is gonna make a metal sandwich out of my ass. Only thing I have to protect myself is to manually modulate my brake lights by tapping the front brake slightly repeatedly as I slow down, hoping that the flashing red lights make me stand out enough to keep me alive....

konaman
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Same here. Only thing keeping me in check is the potential for a friggin' ticket, so I continue to putt along behind a metric butt-ton of cagers, scared to death that some stupid chick on her cell phone is gonna make a metal sandwich out of my ass. Only thing I have to protect myself is to manually modulate my brake lights by tapping the front brake slightly repeatedly as I slow down, hoping that the flashing red lights make me stand out enough to keep me alive....

HAHAH I thought I was the only one who did that. Funny

Darth Do'Urden
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
HAHAH I thought I was the only one who did that. Funny

I read about it a few years back and have practiced it faithfully ever since. I figure it's just one small thing I can do to give me at least a fighting chance at life....=P

AOK303
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I read about it a few years back and have practiced it faithfully ever since. I figure it's just one small thing I can do to give me at least a fighting chance at life....=P

i do this too also if im at a stop and see cars coming up behind me

Vellos
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I do it when nobody was been behind me for slowing down to a red light, and a new set of cars is approaching. Just a couple blips then hold the brake down until they come to a complete stop.

Ricky
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM

Please, PLEASE learn the difference between "then" and "than".

I'm going to the store, THEN I am going back home.

No less THAN 4, no more THAN 7.

It's bad enough you make sport bikers look stupid. Please stop making English speakers look stupid too.

Stank Juic3
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
OWNED!!!

deadline
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Please, PLEASE learn the difference between "then" and "than".

I'm going to the store, THEN I am going back home.

No less THAN 4, no more THAN 7.

It's bad enough you make sport bikers look stupid. Please stop making English speakers look stupid too.

English is not my first language... so bite me!

Ricky
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 03:01 PM
English is not my first language... so bite me!

Sorry... I don't swing that way. But I bet if you took an English class, you could find someone who does.

deadline
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry... I don't swing that way. But I bet if you took an English class, you could find someone who does.

Well... swing your way somewhere else and stop redirecting conversations...

mdub
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
i sometimes lane split...hell i have to get where i am going. ...

Davy4575
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I feel that the Kool Aid portion of this thread was epic and pure awesomeness

VFR
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Then enjoy! When one moves over just a bit and that side mirror clips your bike hope you can keep the bike up

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Here is what this thread says to me when I read it: "I am more important than everyone else on the road and I, of all people, need to get where I'm going most. The rules of the road do not apply to me. I am not subject to traffic law. I feel cooler because of this.

cptschlongenheimer
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM
^:yes:

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
This thread says to me: "I'm on a vehicle that several times smaller than everything else on the road (even those tiny Smartcars), so why should I have to behave as though I am the same size, especially when traffic is moving at a snail's pace and I'm stuck sucking fumes and sweating/freezing my ass off?"

It's totally a misinterpretation that we think we're somehow better or more important than everyone else. It's a matter of size, weather, and safety concerns (for most of us that advocate lane-splitting/sharing).

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
And the answer to that is "because you choose to ride a motorcycle on public roads."

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

And in this instance, many disagree--as in "most of the rest of the planet."

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Most of the rest of the planet believes that lane splitting should be legal? Is that why it's been put to committee, voted on and passed into law? man I've gotta pay attention more... :rolleyes:

Bueller
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM
And in this instance, many disagree--as in "most of the rest of the planet."

If the rest of the planet thought it was a good idea then it would be legal here and not just in a state that possibly contains 1/3 of the dumbest people in the country. But no it is not legal here.

Die thread die!

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
If the rest of the planet thought it was a good idea then it would be legal here...

I'm not quite sure what kind of reasoning that is. Fact: almost every other country on the planet that has concentrated groups of people with automotive vehicles allows lane-splitting/sharing and filtering forward, and it works quite well and remarkably safely.

Not liking the idea personally is one thing. Just know that we Americans are very much in the minority of places in the world that this is not a common practice. And yet studies still find that we aren't really any "safer" as a result of it.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Just know that we Americans are very much in the minority of places in the world that this is not a common practice.
But we're a majority in places where you vote to make this legal

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
But we're a majority in places where you vote to make this legal

That may make it legal and therefore technically "right", but it does not necessarily make it wise.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
So again, "traffIc laws do not apply to me."

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 10:37 PM

I've tried my best to not be inordinately argumentative, but apparently actually reading through the thread is beyond some folks.

It's been said over and over again that it's not a matter of "traffic laws do not apply to me because I'm special since I'm on two wheels and obviously so much more badass than anyone else on the road." Most have even echoed the sentiment that we DO NOT lane-split/share/filter forward specifically it IS against the law here in CO. We'd like to see the law changed, sure, and with good reason and sound logic in regards to safety and traffic congestion relief. But most of us don't do it out of fear of the Man and having money taken away via tickets.

Repeating the cager mentality mantra of "laws shouldn't apply to me 'cuz I'm on a bike" is not only inaccurate, but just belligerent. Laws DO apply to us, but a bike is nothing like a car, and as such there SHOULD be different laws and rules--and some states in this country actually agree. I wish CO was one of 'em, but until then I will continue to adhere (for the most part) to said laws and try my best to not get killed by cager morons that are more interested in texting, talking, putting on makeup than NOT killing me.

CO actually has a special rule in place for bikes. Has to do with waiting a "reasonable" amount of time at a red light and then proceeding safely through without waiting an "unreasonable" amount of time for it to turn green. So what, we're special and laws don't apply to us? No, the law was changed to accommodate us in this regard. Oklahoma goes one better and allows bikes to treat red lights as stop signs so as to protect them against rear-end collisions by cagers. Bikes are NOT the same as cars...so no, they shouldn't be treated the same. It's not elitest, it's friggin' common sense and safety.

675Rider
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Voted dumbest thread ever!

Racz
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM
CO actually has a special rule in place for bikes. Has to do with waiting a "reasonable" amount of time at a red light and then proceeding safely through without waiting an "unreasonable" amount of time for it to turn green. So what, we're special and laws don't apply to us? No, the law was changed to accommodate us in this regard. Oklahoma goes one better and allows bikes to treat red lights as stop signs so as to protect them against rear-end collisions by cagers. Bikes are NOT the same as cars...so no, they shouldn't be treated the same. It's not elitest, it's friggin' common sense and safety.

Is there a set amount of time you should wait, or is that at the rider's perception of what is reasonable?

drago52
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I come back from a 3 week trip and this thread is still going? wow

Vellos
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
Voted dumbest thread ever!

I come back from a 3 week trip and this thread is still going? wow

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljsswowgza1qe5h74o1_500.jpg

Darth Do'Urden
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM
Is there a set amount of time you should wait, or is that at the rider's perception of what is reasonable?

I've seen nothing that specifies a set amount of time. I believe that if you sit at a light through a full sequence and it doesn't change then you'd have plenty of ground to stand on should a cop question it.

As such, there's a certain light that I encounter every morning and it doesn't see a lot of traffic coming off of 470 in the early a.m. If I'm the only one there when I come up on it then I stop, make sure everything is clear, then proceed. First couple of times I waited for literally about 5 minutes and it never changed (no visible sensors anywhere). Since then I treat it as a stop sign while yielding to all other traffic until it's clear.

grim
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
I just read this thread while eating my lunch at work..Thank you for the entertainment BRAVO!!!!! Also does Co have that law? i was actually wondering that myself i know some states do have it where if there are no cars present in the direction you need to turn or cross you may proceed.

Also its not a good idea to post anything you have done illegal on the internet someone can turn you in and you can be prosecuted based off of the fact you willingly posted a statement performing illegal act's which is evidence...just sayin

brennahm
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Weren't some of the same people advocating disobeying the law the same dipshits who said said bicycles shouldn't even be ALLOWED on the roads because they cause a hazard? And now they're saying motos are at risk if they follow the rules of the road? Good god.

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM

:horse:

Bueller
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 05:30 PM
CO actually has a special rule in place for bikes. Has to do with waiting a "reasonable" amount of time at a red light and then proceeding safely through without waiting an "unreasonable" amount of time for it to turn green. So what, we're special and laws don't apply to us? No, the law was changed to accommodate us in this regard.

I've seen nothing that specifies a set amount of time. I believe that if you sit at a light through a full sequence and it doesn't change then you'd have plenty of ground to stand on should a cop question it.

As such, there's a certain light that I encounter every morning and it doesn't see a lot of traffic coming off of 470 in the early a.m. If I'm the only one there when I come up on it then I stop, make sure everything is clear, then proceed. First couple of times I waited for literally about 5 minutes and it never changed (no visible sensors anywhere). Since then I treat it as a stop sign while yielding to all other traffic until it's clear.

You have any resource on any of this "fact"?

Darth Do'Urden
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM
You have any resource on any of this "fact"?

Colorado: 42-4-612, if the light is malfunctioning or stays steady red during "several time cycles" the rules for entering a street or highway from a stop street or highway apply (treat it like a stop sign).

Go HERE (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=) and search the statute reference (42-4-612). I trust that this is sufficiently "fact" enough. "Several time cycles" is somewhat vague. I'll continue to operate as I have (ok, so maybe I only wait a "couple of time cycles" instead of "several"...) and should I get stopped for it I will quote said statute and take it to court if I must.

Vellos
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:07 PM
I'll run a red if the thing cycles and doesn't notice me. Normally in Boulder though they have those bicycle sensor spots that work well, but they aren't everywhere.

AOK303
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:53 PM
i was at a light for about 4 min cause i could see a cop on the other side, it wouldn't cycle for me. He finally flashed his lights used his Mic and said go ahead and cross there are no cars coming

Darth Do'Urden
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'll run a red if the thing cycles and doesn't notice me. Normally in Boulder though they have those bicycle sensor spots that work well, but they aren't everywhere.

Yeah, if you're at a light that has the metal detectors in the pavement then you can usually just position your bike over the "corner" where two lines intersect, or put your kickstand down onto the stip and get the light to change. Sadly, I haven't come across hardly any intersections on my regular travels that have these sensors in the pavement.

The sensors mounted over the lights are quite unreliable for bikes in my experience.

fiveninerzero
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Sadly, I haven't come across hardly any intersections on my regular travels that have these sensors in the pavement.

Most of them do indeed have sensors in the pavement, it's actually pretty rare to have the top mounts these days IME, but most are buried so that you cannot see them. Which is unfortunate, because you can't just see it and pull on top of it.

Sadly, most people that ride motorcycles still don't even know what the sensors that ARE exposed look like, so they just pull over the white line and sit there all day.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM

I thought we had been over this.

Yes.

grim
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Yea well i just got pulled over about 30 min ago so i figured id ask the cop if said rumors are true and he said NO you cannot go through a red light under any circumstances colorado does not recognize that law he said you can turn right and do a u turn somewhere but you cannot run the light.

Penadam
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Yea well i just got pulled over about 30 min ago so i figured id ask the cop if said rumors are true and he said NO you cannot go through a red light under any circumstances colorado does not recognize that law he said you can turn right and do a u turn somewhere but you cannot run the light.

Since it's a Colorado law, I would guess that the officer had no idea what he was talking about.

fiveninerzero
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
i figured id ask the cop if said rumors are true

Cops aren't lawyers. It's generally a bad idea to ask them for any type of legal advice. The police are only trained to recognize the most common violations and to apprehend based on probable cause for the courts to sort it out later.

grim
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
so moral of the thread is just run the damn light but make sure there aren't any cops around cause they will probably pull you over.

Vellos
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Nope. Moral of the story is ya'll got trolled.

http://gallery.awn.com/data/649/cook-koolaid.jpg

Swift
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxZASSqP0h4

sloridr
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Ha

Bueller
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
http://youtu.be/hsSnv3K5Iq4

Sean
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
So, let me see if I'm getting this straight?

Cars are in your way and should probably not be on the road, or the road you're on. Maybe they could have designated roads, that you don't want to ride on? That seems fair.

You, and all of the highly skilled motorcyclists (:roll:) should have your own rules/magical powers, that don't apply to anyone else. That seems fair. Because I think some drunk cruiser rider that can't turn his bike, should have extra special rules.

Bicyclists are in your way and should not be on your road, or any other. In fact, maybe they should stop manufacturing road bikes all together because some nOOb-jackass motorcycle rider doesn't like them on his roads. If they happen to get killed while riding on your streets, it's obviously their fault.

I'm going to guess that pedestrians can only use sidewalks. Can they cross roads in your magical kingdom? And if there are no sidewalks, they should use a car (which will be in your way).

Traffic lights/stop signs- always in your way.

What about airplanes? In your way too? Farmers taking tractors to different fields, they're to slow, they shouldn't be allowed on the road. Semi's should not be allowed to go up hill, it slows them down and impedes traffic. Scooters should be burned, they are obviously "in the way" in Europe and Asia. Am I missing anything else?

grim
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
So, let me see if I'm getting this straight?

Cars are in your way and should probably not be on the road, or the road you're on. Maybe they could have designated roads, that you don't want to ride on? That seems fair.

You, and all of the highly skilled motorcyclists (:roll:) should have your own rules/magical powers, that don't apply to anyone else. That seems fair. Because I think some drunk cruiser rider that can't turn his bike, should have extra special rules.

Bicyclists are in your way and should not be on your road, or any other. In fact, maybe they should stop manufacturing road bikes all together because some nOOb-jackass motorcycle rider doesn't like them on his roads. If they happen to get killed while riding on your streets, it's obviously their fault.

I'm going to guess that pedestrians can only use sidewalks. Can they cross roads in your magical kingdom? And if there are no sidewalks, they should use a car (which will be in your way).

Traffic lights/stop signs- always in your way.

What about airplanes? In your way too? Farmers taking tractors to different fields, they're to slow, they shouldn't be allowed on the road. Semi's should not be allowed to go up hill, it slows them down and impedes traffic. Scooters should be burned, they are obviously "in the way" in Europe and Asia. Am I missing anything else?

Sounds about right to me

Vellos
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Sounds about right to me

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/RosenPersephone/26586508_1212747766_Kawaii_Sushi_by.jpg?t=12425377 89

grim
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/RosenPersephone/26586508_1212747766_Kawaii_Sushi_by.jpg?t=12425377 89

Yea i wouldn't know anything about that lol!!! my afternoon was more like

brennahm
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Ah, good old Slocala...

Sean + hammer = nail on the head.

grim
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Ah, good old Slocala...

Sean + hammer = nail on the head.

yea granted it was in boulder but yes it was a lovely experience getting pulled over on my bike by another fellow motorcycle rider.

Racz
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:50 PM

Thank you for the useful information. I also encounter a light like this in the morning.

Orangetigr
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Dear Deadline,

Don't worry about all the people that give you grief about lane splitting. It will be handy skill if you ever move to Cali or move out of US. Watch for CO drivers though, they don't expect you. When I first moved from San Diego, I kept lane splitting for a while. It's innate and I don't like sitting in traffic. I would say if you're splitting at speed, be extremely judgmental about the car drivers that you're diving between (their lane position, type of car, are they on the phone, their driving). Like you said, if traffic is at 40-45mph I split at 50-55mph. I don't split faster than that. You probably know that CO cops are vicious too. So be careful.

I'm ESL too.

Vellos
Sun Jun 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Dear Deadline,

Don't worry about all the people that give you grief about lane splitting. It will be handy skill if you ever move to Cali or move out of US. Watch for CO drivers though, they don't expect you. When I first moved from San Diego, I kept lane splitting for a while. It's innate and I don't like sitting in traffic. I would say if you're splitting at speed, be extremely judgmental about the car drivers that you're diving between (their lane position, type of car, are they on the phone, their driving). Like you said, if traffic is at 40-45mph I split at 50-55mph. I don't split faster than that. You probably know that CO cops are vicious too. So be careful.

I'm ESL too.

http://www.gessford.com/work/images/mayor-Kool-Aid-Man-03416.JPG

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:45 AM
No thanks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaEnFURSvDs

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM
We have another thread now for this actual argument... However, the above example is NOT what I believe most of us in favor of lane-splitting are condoning. The above video is NOT an example of legal lane-splitting, or even what the law is intended to allow. There was only one instance early on in the video that looked ok as "filtering forward", but the rest was just hooliganism in my book. No heavy traffic, no reason to ride like that.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
The above video is NOT an example of legal lane-splitting, or even what the law is intended to allow.
Point of order, there is no legal lane splitting in Colorado. I feel like this fact somehow keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.

grim
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Point of order, there is no legal lane splitting in Colorado. I feel like this fact somehow keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.

Its only important when someone get's hit or a cager decides fuck this guy and opens their door! :|

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM

"Point of order", the video was filmed in CALIFORNIA, hence the friggin' PALM TREES as well as the mention of "Whittier Blvd and 605" (which is in L.A. county) in the youtube conversation that took me about 38 seconds to figure out. I feel like simply paying attention to the actual conversation in all its detail keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.

What IS an important factor is that what the video shows is NOT legal lane-splitting in the state of California, and is NOT the intention of such law.