PDA

View Full Version : Douchebag of the day award

ThorsTwin
Fri May 13th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Check this shit out.....Who the hell would do this?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2374069782.html

Rooster
Fri May 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM
i would understand doing it if you can take it on and off whenever you wanted. kinda like a convertible top or something. but permanent? um......no.

Wrider
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Not seeing the problem here. He likes the cam driven engine and the much better suspension of the RC51 but likes the seating position of the VTR.
:shrug:

Rooster
Fri May 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
personal preference i guess. i would like to keep it stock riding position. give ya that "original" feel i reckon.

ThorsTwin
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:11 PM
To each his own I guess.....check back next week when I post my pics of my CBR with apehangers!!!

Rooster
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Lmao!

Wrider
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:31 PM
You mean like this except with a CBR?

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/Wrider/Bikes/R6Cruiser.jpg

ThorsTwin
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Someone stole my idea!!

Wrider
Fri May 13th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Lol he already did it, which means you stole it from him! Thief!!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Check this shit out.....Who the hell would do this?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2374069782.html
That's a well-made kit, I can easily see someone wanting to make a streetfighter out of one, especially in EU where they're very popular. Think of a guy who wrecked his bike, doesn't want to buy all new plastic, and wanted a streetfighter, or a guy who sold a wrecked bike to a guy that wanted one.

OUTLAWD
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
umm...what's wrong with this?

I must be a HUGE douchebag, because I modify my bikes to my liking :roll:

GuitarX
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with this at all. The conversion kit would probably even improve the original handling believe it or not. You get more leverage with a bar than you get with clip-ons. Apehangers of course are another story... :poo:

King Nothing
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Meh.

Bueller
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I must be a HUGE douchebag,

I thought this was a given.

OUTLAWD
Sat May 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
^^ tru dat

ThorsTwin
Sun May 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sure, if you wad your bike up and you want to modify it, I can see that. I just can't see defiling a perfectly good RC 51 as the dude says in the add. I guess I'm just an RC 51 purist. It makes me wonder if it's so cool, then why does he want to get rid of it?

brennahm
Sun May 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I love people that treat RC51's as if they're collectors items (simmer down '88 Magna crowd).

Nothing that entails installing this kit would be irreversible. Unless you're tracking/racing your bike, where's the glory in being uncomfortable? And what makes this guy a douchebag?

kbahus
Sun May 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Really this is kind of cool, it's like the ultimate Honda 599/919. Put on some Renthal ultra low bars and I bet it would still handle just fine and way better than the original 599. I love my 599 but would like it even more if it was based on a RC51.

ThorsTwin
Sun May 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I just think it's hilarious how people market their stuff. They tout how great an item is and then try to get rid of it. An RC 51 is not a collectable bike. It is what it is. I'm on my fourth one. There's also a pristine RC30 in the garage that rarely gets ridden & will never be fucked with. I wouldn't do a damn thing to it. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't modify your ride. I read that ad and it reeks of....maybe I shouldn't have done this...now I've gotta sell this to buy a new replacement upper. It's all speculation for sure, but it's like some of the really nice guns I've seen that Billy Bob ,"customed out" and are now just paperweights that happen to shoot bullets. To each his own...I just see ads like this and find them amusing.

chronicboy
Sun May 15th, 2011, 05:29 PM
some people get older and their backs, shoulders and wrists cant take the aggressive position on their sport bikes, but they still want to ride their sportbikes
it looks to be a quality conversion, made in Europe where this type of conversion is extremly popular
whats the big deal?never bought anything and then changed your mind?

ThorsTwin
Sun May 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Look, I don't give a rat's ass what you do to your bike...it's yours. If you'd read what I wrote, it's about the ad. In my experience, Ive seen people buy all kinds of crap for their bikes that they don't know how to install or use properly. If someone wants to modify their bike, I'm all for it. We can all agree to disagree. I don't like the idea of that mod. Most of you do. The ad is all I find funny. Repeat: I thought the ad was funny. Go put clip-ons on your motocrosser, or apes on your Ninja. It's all good.

puckstr
Mon May 16th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Stock Sucks
Modify that bitch and ride it like you want

ThorsTwin
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Wait til you guys see my "modified" RC8R when I get it done.

mathman1000
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
So, someone is a douche bag because they want a REALLY powerful bike, light like a sport bike, and they don't want it to hurt everytime they ride. Really?

So, ThorsTwin; name another bike that has low weight, amazing suspension, can compete with any "super bike", incredible power, nimble, hasn't been detuned by the factory to fit the catagory of "touring bike", and is comfortable.

Ducati Street fighter, MV Brutale, Aprilia Tuono, and ????? Remember; has to compete with all other superbikes. Name one.

Wrider
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
All I can think of is the FZ1 which isn't quite up to par, and the new Ninja 1000.

spdu4ia
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:54 PM
i must be getting old in my late 20's because i prefer the upright riding position so much more now.

wait...

that makes me a douche doesn't it :blush:

Bueller
Mon May 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
low weight, amazing suspension, can compete with any "super bike", incredible power, nimble, hasn't been detuned by the factory to fit the catagory of "touring bike", and is comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I liked racing my RC51 but none of that description fit mine :lol:

ThorsTwin
Tue May 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Go buy a Triumph Speed Triple 1050. It has nice high bars on it for all the folks with bad backs. Maybe a nice Goldwing would suffice. How about the new Can Am Trike? I'm still thinking about the Ural too. Decisions, decisions....