PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down on I25 After Chase

JustSomeDude
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article/198635/188/Man-killed-in-motorcycle-crash

RIP rider. :shock:

CaneZach
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Kind of hard for me to feel sorry for someone who died because they did something stupid. I always hate for a rider to go down, but when they contribute to their own death by running from the cops it's like playing Russian roulette.

King Nothing
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Kind of hard for me to feel sorry for someone who died because they did something stupid. I always hate for a rider to go down, but when they contribute to their own death by running from the cops it's like playing Russian roulette.

this

madvlad
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Agree with CZ there, its like playing with fire and thinking you won't get burned. Running from the police is the stupidest thing you can do, period.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Having seen enough innocents deaths in OH from people running, I have zero sympathy, sorry.

rfranks303
Sun May 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
my condolences to his family. I don't agree with running from the cops but I think we can all agree everyone makes mistakes. Its easy to feel invinsable on a motorcycle.

TFOGGuys
Sun May 15th, 2011, 09:49 PM
It's unfortunate that this rider made the decision to run, and my heart goes out to the family and friends.

That being said, Zach nailed it: play stupid games, win stupid prizes... :(

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 15th, 2011, 10:08 PM
RIP rider. Sorry for your unfortunate decision. :(

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun May 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Less throttle, more lean angle. When your # is called it's time to go.

extremepaint
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:39 AM
i think whats worse is that he crashed after the pursuit was called off! i guess stupid is as stupid does

as said before my condolences are with his family and not him

BC14
Mon May 16th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Natural selection

CaneZach
Mon May 16th, 2011, 06:26 AM
i think whats worse is that he crashed after the pursuit was called off! i guess stupid is as stupid does

as said before my condolences are with his family and not him

It's not surprising that he crashed AFTER the pursuit had been terminated. I have no idea why he ran, but I'd say about 90% of the time people run it's for something insignificantly minor, like a misdemeanor warrant, no DL/insurance, DUI (not that DUI is a minor violation, but let's be real here, it's no murder in the first), or something else that would likely have resulted in a summons and release. Instead, these guys step up the charges they face, so they put themselves in a position to HAVE to escape. They continue to ride or drive like idiots because they need to put as much distance between themselves and the threat (the cop who will take them to jail). Their ambition obviously exceeds their abilities.

JustSomeDude
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Their ambition obviously exceeds their abilities.

:spit:

Seriously... coffee just came out my nose when I read that. But let's be honest - maybe he had a shoulder problem that kept him from negotiating the exit properly.

Too soon? :)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon May 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
And, obviously, their intelligence.....

PunyJuney
Mon May 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM
play stupid games, win stupid prizes... :(

well said

CaneZach
Mon May 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I tend to be very lenient to riders. If you're not acting like an idiot/squid and you're dressed in ATGATT, I am VERY lenient, but I know what the public perception is of motorcycle riders, be they cruisers or sportbikes. People will read the article and their first reaction will inevitably be, "Oh, it's another idiot on a motorcycle. They're all idiots who do nothing but speed, wheelie, and run from the cops on their infernally-loud machines."

Bashed
Mon May 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Isn't this is what Stoner said to Rossi when he screwed up and ran into him..

puckstr
Mon May 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hope he filled out the organ donor card

mathman1000
Mon May 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, so can we not have anymore threads on here about people doing stupid illegal shit......like lane splitting.

WolFeYeZ
Mon May 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Isn't this is what Stoner said to Rossi when he screwed up and ran into him..

Yup

sag
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
i think he said talent though not abilities. zing!

my coworker drove by while the heli was idling on the ground with all the paramedics staring at the body. he said it was a harley/cruiser as well.

Darth Do'Urden
Mon May 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
i think he said talent though not abilities. zing!

my coworker drove by while the heli was idling on the ground with all the paramedics staring at the body. he said it was a harley/cruiser as well.

Well then THAT would explain why he crashed. At least a sportbike has a "sporting" chance.

(See what I did there? It was clever.)

Fernman
Mon May 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
wow, that sucks. RIP.

FZRguy
Tue May 17th, 2011, 02:42 AM
MEAD, Colo. -- Authorities have identified a 36-year-old Longmont man who died in a motorcyclist crash in Weld County on Sunday. Michael Lee Morse died from multiple blunt force trauma after crashing while exiting Interstate 25 north of Mead, the Weld County coroner said Monday.

modette99
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:16 AM

I agree with you, especially when they die and they GOT away but yet are not a good enough rider to handle a curve, know the road, or have the smarts to say...okay I got away, time to slow down and blend in.

I'm not a goody-goody been there done that, and still be looked for in VA...LOL

Although I have got away from the one time I know I was lit up...I never keep going. And yeah, reason why I did not stop...I had given up on cops and their BS on the side of the road. I really did not want to deal with a 10mph ticket, I have license, insurance and money to pay for ticket...LOL A few other times I saw a cop going the other way I just gun it to make sure I got far enough ahead. The time out in Park I went to court and paid some money, got some points...and you know I was overdue for that...so all in all not a big deal.

I will not condone running. But I can understand it too. Remember you run cops are trained to go right at an exit/turn...its the easiest way to go. Turning left (is a safe manor) is key to you not talking to that cop ever. Best advice I ever got from a cop. :-)