PDA

View Full Version : fatal bike accident in denver

mastap07
Mon May 16th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Street closures after fatal auto-bike accident

6:46 AM, May 16, 2011 | comments (http://www.9news.com/comments/198075/71/Street-closures-after-fatal-auto-bike-accident)

DENVER - Denver Police are investigating a fatal automobile-versus-bike accident in northeast Denver.
The accident happened Monday morning in the area of 46th Avenue and Josephine Street just after 5 a.m.
Denver Police have shut down the northbound lanes of Josephine St. and 46th Ave. from York Street to Columbine Street.
The identity of the victim is unknown at this time.
(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

bornwildnfree
Mon May 16th, 2011, 07:57 AM
RIP

Mother Goose
Mon May 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM
This morning on the news they were saying it was a bike-cycle.

BC14
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:02 AM
That's what I figured, as the story said bike and not motorcycle. Guy was probably riding with no reflective gear or headlight/tail light.. I've almost hit a few cyclists in the dark because of that. Scared the hell outta me.

Mother Goose
Mon May 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
That's what I figured, as the story said bike and not motorcycle. Guy was probably riding with no reflective gear or headlight/tail light.. I've almost hit a few cyclists in the dark because of that. Scared the hell outta me.
Me too, had one fly across the street when our light turned green, I was rolling when the light turned green. He's lucky I don't accelerate fast as soon as the light turns green. If I did, or someone else did, he would have been a hood ornament. :no:

FZRguy
Tue May 17th, 2011, 02:38 AM
So you guys are just gonna assume the cyclist was at fault? When the motorist hit him and left him for dead without even stopping? Really?

FZRguy
Tue May 17th, 2011, 02:45 AM
update: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27907093/detail.html

BC14
Tue May 17th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I said my comment as a generalization. As stated, I normally see people riding at night with no safety gear on whatsoever. In this case, it appears that the cyclist was not at fault. Tragic loss of life.

madvlad
Tue May 17th, 2011, 05:55 AM
That's crazy, gotta stay alert cause cagers are obviously getting worse by the day. Rip

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:10 AM
With gas prices as sucky as they are, you are going to see a lot of us bicyclists and "bikers" out. No one deserves to die on any form of two wheels ...especially be left for dead

RIP rider

Mother Goose
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM
So you guys are just gonna assume the cyclist was at fault? When the motorist hit him and left him for dead without even stopping? Really?
My statement was based off his comment of "I've almost hit a few because of....". I'm not assuming anything on the story.

And where did you get that the driver took off? That wasn't in the original story posted. Did you ASSUME this happened? Hmmm? Hmmm? ;)

and yes, i read the new story. just making a point.

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 17th, 2011, 08:59 AM
And where did you get that the driver took off? That wasn't in the original story posted. Did you ASSUME this happened?

Last I heard on the news, they are looking for an "SUV" that took off from the scene.

Sean
Tue May 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Sad. Alot of the time I want to go for a bicycle ride after work but won't out of fear for my safety. It sucks, I don't even live in that heavily populated of an area, but drivers just suck. At least with a motorcycle I have more control and can keep the same speed as traffic.

FZRguy
Tue May 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Well right, we don't know the details here. You can do everything right and still get hit on two wheels. Just a working stiff on his way to work, like me. Hard to believe that a person can hit someone and just keep going like they hit a pot hole.