Wed May 11th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Corner Marshals,

Are you planning to work at the 2004 AMA Superbike event??? :D

---- Very Important Information ----

:shock: Please read this entire message carefully!!! :shock:

----------------------------

Reply let us know your intentions. :!:
--- Don’t just say you'll be there. ---
Tell us what days (Fri/Sat/Sun) you plan to work.

-- Email preferred, I will be out of town, but will still check my email at least every other day. I will reply to let you know I received your message and will pass your RSVP to Kip Book and Ralph Forsythe.

If you have any questions, send me an Email.

Joe Belef
2005 MRA Corner Crew Coordinator
mailto:mracornercrew@comcast.net

WHERE and WHEN TO MEET -- VERY IMPORTANT! --

We will meet and sign-in beginning at 6:30 am.
Behind the PPIR office and maintenance building which is just outside of the track itself. We will sign-in, issue credentials, and ride the MRA van into the pit area.
--The MRA truck will roll at 7:00 am sharp.

--Don’t be late!! If you don't arrive before the truck leaves, you will not be able to get in. :banghead:

(See the schedule further down in this message)

Once inside we will have a meeting along with the PPIR safety crew to cover the special event rules and AMA flagging procedures.

At the end of each race day, worker credentials will be collected. In order to get in the next day you must show up on-time at the meeting point outside the track.

-----------------------------
WHO CAN WORK THE AMA EVENT??

To be eligible for working at the AMA event, you must have attended the corner worker training class that we had on Apr 1st AND have experience working at MRA sponsored full day RACING events. If you worked at least half of last year's events, we may waive the school requirement if you work at least one 2005 event (full weekend). The Track Marshal, Ralph Forsythe, is the final authority on who may work at the AMA event and is the only person who can grant an exception to this policy.

HOW DO I RESERVE A SPOT??

We don't take 'reservations' for any of our race events, to include the AMA Superbike race. We have been burned in the past by doing so, then telling people that the positions were filled, only to have a bunch of no-shows. Then we end up with too few workers. So we fill the spots based on who actually shows up. We still ask people to RSVP because we need to have an advance head count so that we know basically how many to expect.

While too many crew is not usually a problem, we must plan for the possibility. If we have too many crew members (i.e more than the number of credentials available) Then the following rules will apply:

Those who work AMA on Fri will have priority for Sat/Sun. (If we end up with too many for Sat or Sun). Likewise, those who work Sat will have priority placement for Sunday.

Also, on a day-by-day basis, those who show up on-time will have priority. This is especially important at this AMA event because we must meet outside the fence and everyone must have a pass to enter. Once we go inside, there will be no way for you to obtain a pass.

2005 AMA Superbike Schedule:

20 May - AMA Practice Sessions, Showtime 6:30
Track will be hot by 9:00 am

21 May - AMA Practice and Races, Showtime 6:30
Track will be hot by 8:00 am

22 May - AMA Practice and Races, Showtime 6:30
Track will be hot by 8:00 am

Morning Schedule:
6:30 - 7:00 am: Corner Crew Arrive and Sign in
7:00 am: MRA Truck with crew rolls inside the gate :!:
7:00 - 7:30 am: Corner Assignments, Equipment Check, Etc
7:30 - 8:00 am: PPIR Safety Meeting
8:00 am: MRA Truck rolls to station crew on corners
8:30 am: Track Hot (except on Fri, 9:00 am)

LODGING

This year we have NOT reserved a block of rooms.
The normal MRA lodging reimbursement rules will apply.

----If you stay in a hotel/motel, the MRA will reimburse each person up to $35 for lodging. If you share a room with one or two people this will usually cover your expenses. This is a reimbursement only, up to a maximum of $35 per person. For example, if 4 people share a room and the cost of the room was $90, the reimbursement will be $90, not $140.

---- I've had luck finding good priced rooms by using www.orbitz.com
Search for Fountain, Pueblo and Colorado Springs. Pueblo is about the same distance from PPIR as from South Colorado Springs and the rooms are much lower priced in Pueblo.

-----------------------------------
DIRECTIONS TO THE TRACK:

Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR):

PPIR is next to I-25 a few miles south of Fountain, CO.
They have their own exit. --Take the southernmost exit (#122).

Park behind the administrative and service building.
In the dirt lot, NOT the paved area.

-----------------------------------

Mista Black
Wed May 11th, 2005, 12:21 AM
i'll work friday :up:

Lurch
Wed May 11th, 2005, 08:02 AM
I saw on the AMA website that they aren't running a promoter practice this year on Friday???

Lurch