PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Powersports in Thornton and Motorcycle Depot in Aurora

Zanatos
Wed May 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I bought a 2010 Yamaha FJR at Colorado Powersports in Thornton on April 19. The best thing about the dealership is that they let me test ride bikes - including the brand new one that I ended up purchasing.

I feel like I ended up getting a pretty good deal. After I bought the bike, salesman Marc Ward took me around and introduced me to the service department and parts/apparel department folks.

They gave me a 20 percent discount on parts and apparel, so I got some Yamalube, crush washers, filters, differential oil, pants, and a new Arai helmet. After riding with the new helmet, I decided I didn't like it and decided to return it. They usually charge a 20 percent restocking fee, but they let me return the helmet and just pay return shipping. (I think it was about $30.)

I ended up getting a great deal ($115 total) on a nice HJC helmet at Motorcycle Depot in Aurora. When I asked them for a deal, they took about $20 off the marked price and gave me a military discount of 10 percent.

To round out my gear, I got a really nice Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket for $170 at Grand Prix. They also gave me a 10 percent military discount.