PDA

View Full Version : Rider gives up on Riding !

Ted
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/2379103134.html

At least he is alive.

Probably in the wrong forum, but not sure where to put ..... move as necessary....

ADMIN EDIT: Added a screen shot of the CL ad, so the comments in this thread will still have some context after the ad has been deleted. ~Spidey

BC14
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Standard squid behavior there.. Thinking he "knows" what he's doing, or saying..What a tool.

Ricky
Fri May 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hey, did you not know that your bike can kill you?

Zach929rr
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Fuckin poke your eye out with one of those things.

Devaclis
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Bikes kill people like water kills people.

There is a glass of water right next to me plotting right now.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
What a Squidiot......BUT.....I've got to give the guy some credit for realizing he's a Squidiot and getting rid of the bike before he kills himself on it.

Spiderman
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Probably in the wrong forum, but not sure where to put ..... move as necessary....

For the nature of this discussion (based on my interpretation of its direction), it could either go in Technique, or here.

Part of the problem IMHO is that his friend taught him how to ride... and while he may have taught him the mechanics of operating a motorcycle, he probably didn't teach him the fundamentals of "riding", ie: the correct mentality and attitude to have when you throw a leg over your bike, and;all the things he needs to watch out for and be aware of as a rider. Get proper training, get a bike you can learn on (that won't try to kill you in the process - this may be different depending on the individual), and enjoy many years of riding.

Oh, and apparently he wasn't wearing "all the protective’s" (sic), otherwise he wouldn't have needed to have road rash scrubbed out by Nurse Judy.

Sweat wipes off. Road rash doesn't.

MetaLord 9
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Lesson learned:
2 days of riding lessons + 100+HP + interstate speeds = road rush.

Hide ya wife, hide ya husbands, hide ya kids, bikes be wreck'n everybody. :rolleyes:

asp_125
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Pssshhttt!!! He bought a Gixxer.. .that's stupid right there! ;)

Spiderman
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Lesson 101... apparently he didn't take it.

Swift
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Not to mention its a 2007 750. That was just asking for shit to happen with 2 days of "training"

gtn
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Wait a minute... you can get hurt on these things?

Jason ON
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Not if you go fast enough. If you go fast enough they just stay up on their own.

bornwildnfree
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM
*head desk* Imagine how different his tone would be if he had taken a class or two? Oh well, at least he survived.

Smitty
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Pssshhttt!!! He bought a Gixxer.. .that's stupid right there! ;)

Dims fightin wurds rite ther!!!! :cussing:

Bueller
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Dims fightin wurds rite ther!!!! :cussing:

Except for the fact that he owns one:horse:

MetaLord 9
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Except for the fact that he owns one:horse:
Ease up, it's not like Jeff listed his bikes in his sig line or anythi-wait...

oopssorryillgetoffyourlawnnow.

bornwildnfree
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Wait a minute... you can get hurt on these things?
PFFT you get hurt? I thought you were invincible.

Ricky
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Except for the fact that he owns TWO:horse:

Fixed

Bueller
Fri May 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Ease up, it's not like Jeff listed his bikes in his sig line or anythi-wait...

oopssorryillgetoffyourlawnnow.

I don't have sigs turned on, they block my view (of the lawn).

Spooph
Fri May 20th, 2011, 11:00 AM
What a Squidiot......BUT.....I've got to give the guy some credit for realizing he's a Squidiot and getting rid of the bike before he kills himself on it.

Sure, he's selling the bike, but he didn't ID himself as a squidiot.... THAT's the problem. Had he put his ego aside, and learned to ride the damn thing... blah blah. really, I'm agreeing with you, just semantisizing the situation...

Lesson learned:
2 days of riding lessons + 100+HP + interstate speeds = road rush.

Hide ya wife, hide ya husbands, hide ya kids, bikes be wreck'n everybody. :rolleyes:

ROFL!:silly:

Darth Do'Urden
Fri May 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Really, I'm agreeing with you, just semantisizing the situation...

I had my situation semantisized once. THAT will cause "road rush" no matter WHAT you're wearing....

CaneZach
Fri May 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
In all fairness, the guy learned from mistake and wants to sell his bike. Sure, he didn't learn the proper way to ride, and he certainly chose a bad bike for his first mototcycle, but at least he realizes riding isn't his thing.

DFab
Fri May 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Motorcycles aren't for everyone. A friend of a guy I worked with learned that after compound fractures to both legs.

bvnguyen516
Fri May 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not to mention its a 2007 750. That was just asking for shit to happen with 2 days of "training"

seriously.. I "practiced" on a 600 for at least three days before I was speeding around on the highway...

that ended horribly aswell.. :rolleyes:

but now its fixed and I have my M license..