PDA

View Full Version : fairing recommendations and where to buy

lil_shane84
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm looking at getting into the superstreet class but want to get some race fairings. Or at least a 1 piece upper for my 08 ZX6r. I don't want to dump a ton of money as they are.going to see maybe 3 or 4 races this year but I don't want some ching chong crappy either.

Any recommendations on what and where to buy would be greatly appreciated!

spideyrdr
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I personally would consider getting a full set since if you do crash, the tail and lower can easily get damaged. In fact, most of my damage from a crash was to the tail section.

I got a set of Optimal fairings from superbikestore for my '03 R6 and I am happy with them. $355 for the complete set shipped. I am not saying they are the absolute best there is, but I was able to get them mounted with very little work and only had to wet sand with 400 grit before spray painting them (no other prep was needed). It was the first new set of bodywork I bought and I like them better than whatever was on there before (I think it was hotbodies).

Looks like it's the same price for the set for your 08 Kawi:
http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/Optimal-Racing-Kawasaki-07-08-ZX6-Bodywork-OR-K678.htm?productId=1487

Good luck and have fun out there!

Graphite675
Mon May 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
I'll second the Optimal fairings if your just starting out or on a tight budget. Not the best out there but good enough and you can't beat that price.

lil_shane84
Thu May 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys. I actually have an optimal racing tail for my bike already coincidentally!

Chaun
Sun May 29th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I've got optimal as well... they fit up pretty nicely. Best I've had though is Armour Bodies.