PDA

View Full Version : Trackdaze

Drew 600r
Wed May 11th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I will start off by saying hi. Names Andrew. I thought I would introduce myself and ask a question. Been riding my 2000 YZF 600r for about year and half now,first bike, and put about 10000 miles so far. I'm a student at CSU and will be down in Aurora this summer. My question is how do I start to get into track daze and what do I need for myself and bike inorder to participate? I looked for some info at the different track websites but didnt find anything on non MRA track events. Hope to ride with you all this summer since its seems Morrison is pretty popular.

T-byrd
Thu May 12th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome! Usually tracks require full suit (one piece or zip-together), motorcycle boots, helmet, gloves...basically head to toe gear. You will need a liscence as well, and it helps to take the mirrors off.
Did I leave anything out MRA folks?

Tanya

Polar X
Thu May 12th, 2005, 03:35 AM
welcome. you can ride any non MRA track day with out a license. You MUST have all the saftey gear, head to toe and a full circum zipper on a 2 pc. mirrors removed adn all glass/plastic taped over.

It cost $45 for a half day m-f but be sure that the track is open to the public. post or watch on here for info or contact the track directly.

CBRChick
Thu May 12th, 2005, 06:07 AM
I've never had to tape over my glass/plastic for any track day :dunno: Then again ... I've really only done the girls only track days.. and other track days with the boys were on the race bike I used to have ...

Umm ... so this post was worthless :lol:

Bueller
Thu May 12th, 2005, 06:51 AM
There are no real organized track daze. the best track time/day is bikes only at Second Creek on thurs. afternoons. like they said full leathers or full zip 2 pc. (not always checked ;) ) leather gauntlet style gloves full face helmet and latest rumor has 10" min. high leather boots.
Check Excel motorsports has a program called excel riders that does track days (on thurs. bike night) but you can get tips and some instruction from the guys on the Red Hand Racing team More info here (http://www.excelriders.com/)
Bike prep is minimal, take off your mirrors and I pull the fuses for my headlights and disconnect my tail light under the passenger seat.
Take it easy to start with and don't worry about getting passed, the people doing the passing know what they are doing, the problems begin when you try to get out of the way, hold your line.
There is no bike night tonight but if you go on thursdays there are usually a few of us out there, that can help you out.
One last warning if you do this you will fall into a deep addiction, with no way out :lol:

Oh and...........http://home.comcast.net/~bueller999/images/animated/welcome.gif

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu May 12th, 2005, 06:54 AM
No taping needed of glass, just a good idea. Removing mirrors is not required but it's better as you won't find yourself watching what is behind you.