PDA

View Full Version : MRA Round 2 MW Endurance

spideyrdr
Tue May 24th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Had another fun weekend at the track dicing it up with faster and slower riders in middleweight endurance at PPIR. This video was shot from onboard my '03 R6. It was my first day ever at PPIR and didn't set any records but finished in a respectable spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7FCGNoge4

Tylar
Tue May 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Nice!

Snowman
Tue May 24th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Cool at 21.38 you can see me rolling around on the ground in turn 7.

Bueller
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:23 AM

I do not like that track. I did not race there this weekend and I doubt I will do the next either. I don't like paying that kind of money and the travel expense to ride a track that eats bikes and fucks up riders. And I see the thing is leaking even more and the cracks in the asphalt :lol:

But then again I am not in it for the points.

TransNone13
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
On a side note, do you use tire warmers Jamie?

dragos13
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I do not like that track. I did not race there this weekend and I doubt I will do the next either. I don't like paying that kind of money and the travel expense to ride a track that eats bikes and fucks up riders. And I see the thing is leaking even more and the cracks in the asphalt :lol:

HPR and Pueblo doesn't eat bikes or fuck up riders???

In my 5 years, I know of both those tracks sending people to the ER...

spideyrdr
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Each time I went by you were in a different spot. That's how I knew you must be ok. Glad to see you were fine!

I think seeing the corner worker with your bike upright but pointed down the hill @22:50 was a little spooky. Of course it's hard to tell in the video, but seeing a bike aimed at you on the track is a strange sight!

spideyrdr
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:45 AM
On a side note, do you use tire warmers Jamie?

Kyle, I am running Dunlops Q2's and really like them. They are street tires, so they don't necessary want to be on warmers. That said, I did put them on warmers this time at 130° before the final practice and before the race and was VERY happy with the result.

The Q2's heat up quick, but PPIR is a short track and the warmup lap doesn't feel like enough time to get them up to temp. I felt much more confident at the start of the race knowing the tires were closer to 130° instead of 80°.

Snowman
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Damage to the bike was minimal, I had it fixed and teched 30 mins. In fact it ended up solving a problem I was having with my left foot dragging by shorting the peg. I have a suspicion I may have low side because I caught a peg when it transitioned into the banking.

I think more damage was done when a corner worker dropped it on its right side against an infield wall.

Bueller
Tue May 24th, 2011, 09:56 AM
HPR and Pueblo doesn't eat bikes or fuck up riders???

In my 5 years, I know of both those tracks sending people to the ER...

Yes they do, it is a personal opinion, I don't like that track.

dragos13
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Thats cool its just when you say you don't like a track due to specific reasons that are a constant at EVERY racetrack, it doesn't make much sense to me...

spideyrdr
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I think more damage was done when a corner worker dropped it on its right side against an infield wall.

Ouch!

vort3xr6
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Nice vid! Mine is rendering right now. I had a tough time with this one because Sony Vegas doesn't like video's over 2 gigs.

spideyrdr
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Nice vid! Mine is rendering right now. I had a tough time with this one because Sony Vegas doesn't like video's over 2 gigs.

Thanks! Post up your video when you get it done.

I also had file size issues. My video was split at a little over 3GB so I had to put the two parts together. Thankfully avidemux makes joining the two mp4's together super easy without needing to re-render and then I was able to pump out the final video at 1800kb/s before uploading to youtube.

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I love that you have your go-pro on out there, Jamie! Sat was a 20 Advil day, so I wasn't sure where you'd caught me. LOL

PPIR is a blast!

CaneZach
Tue May 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Damage to the bike was minimal, I had it fixed and teched 30 mins. In fact it ended up solving a problem I was having with my left foot dragging by shorting the peg. I have a suspicion I may have low side because I caught a peg when it transitioned into the banking.

I went down in turn 3 during the race. I did something stupid, got ham-fisted on the throttle coming out of the turn so I could set myself up for a pass before turn 4 and spun the rear. Next thing I know, I'm sliding right into the race line :shocked: I tried to run, lost my balance, fell back down (still in the race line) and scampered for the infield as quickly as I could.

cromer611
Wed May 25th, 2011, 01:59 AM
I went down in turn 3 during the race. I did something stupid, got ham-fisted on the throttle coming out of the turn so I could set myself up for a pass before turn 4 and spun the rear. Next thing I know, I'm sliding right into the race line :shocked: I tried to run, lost my balance, fell back down (still in the race line) and scampered for the infield as quickly as I could.

OMG that was you? It was Nick lenski, Kia aftahi, then me. when you went down we all stood up, nick went to your right and kia and I went to your left. I could have sworn that i saw nick hit your helmet with his left toe or something, i swore i heard it too. either way when we finished i saw you up and moving. glad you didnt get ran over:shocked:

cromer611
Wed May 25th, 2011, 02:02 AM

I agree with you about that, pueblo is too painful for my knee to handle. all those right handers....:cry: I would have a knee the size of a grape fruit if i did 30mins around that track.

on a side note, im almost positive that water came up only on friday. sat and sunday didnt have a single puddle during the day. the place needs to make up its mind. I love that place when turn 4 to 5 and 7 is cone-less

CaneZach
Wed May 25th, 2011, 05:32 AM
OMG that was you? It was Nick lenski, Kia aftahi, then me. when you went down we all stood up, nick went to your right and kia and I went to your left. I could have sworn that i saw nick hit your helmet with his left toe or something, i swore i heard it too. either way when we finished i saw you up and moving. glad you didnt get ran over:shocked:

Yeah, I thought I was going to get run over too. When I looked behind me to see if it was clear to run, all I saw were bikes coming straight for me. Talk about a pucker moment!

OUTLAWD
Wed May 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
man...I launch like a b%*&# compared to you guys...I need some practice