PDA

View Full Version : How do I check my muffler bearings?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Sep 19th, 2002, 09:37 AM
:wink:

Anonymous
Thu Sep 19th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Why that's easy! First you have to drain that pesky blinker fluid out, and disconnect the headlamp proton flux connector from the deferemental drive unit. Then pull the muffler bearings (new bikes call them "exhaust flow enhancers", or EFE's) and check to make sure they have not been overloaded. If they are scorched or pitted then the exhaust flow is likely putting too much strain on them, and you will need a Type-2 flow modulator, or a good set of aftermarket race EFE's.

Hooking up everything back together is simple, you just reverse the steps. Just make sure to get DOT-69 blinker fluid for maximum reliability.

:wink: :D

jontflesh
Thu Sep 19th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Wow great info!!!

My question is where is my OEM magnetic cup holder?

jontflesh

Anonymous
Thu Sep 19th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Wow great info!!!

jontflesh

Under the seat of course!

IQ
Fri Sep 20th, 2002, 01:48 PM
http://www.cbrworld.net/upload/images/img1261_624.jpg

Slacker
Fri Sep 20th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Wow great info!!!

jontflesh

Use the Front break fuild resevoir. Remove the lid and fluid. works great for a shot glass. No need to use your front break anyway...

jontflesh
Sat Sep 21st, 2002, 09:40 AM
http://www.cbrworld.net/upload/images/img1261_624.jpg
Bwahahahahahahaha That is great IQ!!!

I need to get a old bearing and my stock can off my Gix and take a pict of that.

*Mr Burns* E x c e l l e n t

jontflesh

fastducatirider
Mon Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:50 PM

hahaha... very funny. but i bet the exup (or whatever suzuki calls their version of it) in your gsxr probably has a bearing or two. Maybe not a roller bearing but a bearing nonetheless.

by the way, did you get the cam chain thing taken care of under warranty?

-peter-

UglyDogRacing
Mon Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:10 PM

hahaha... very funny. but i bet the exup (or whatever suzuki calls their version of it) in your gsxr probably has a bearing or two. Maybe not a roller bearing but a bearing nonetheless.

by the way, did you get the cam chain thing taken care of under warranty?

-peter-

They're going to pull the motor tomorrow and then contact Suzuki. I picked up an APE cam chain tensioner today to put on. I got my fingers crossed that I didn't bend any valves.

Ytry2
Tue Nov 12th, 2002, 01:47 PM
there you are you post whore :shock: