PDA

View Full Version : [S Met] Grand Prix Open House June 3rd & 4th

Mother Goose
Thu May 26th, 2011, 07:39 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/5761861656_bed9b115ff_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3524/5761318271_7b0214b15c_b.jpg

bulldog
Thu May 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
No clowns, pony rides, bouncy castles, or face painting...wtf..what kind of bike night is this :lol:

Had my face paint all planned out too
http://www.joytotheworldclown.com/uploads/4/3/7/2/4372911/5840567.jpg

MetaLord 9
Thu May 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
^^Dude, those are called squids. and I'm sure they'll be there. :lol:

:squid:

I might stop by if they can do a bike appraisal for me.... :D

GuitarX
Thu May 26th, 2011, 08:58 AM
No clowns, pony rides, bouncy castles, or face painting...wtf..what kind of bike night is this :lol:

Had my face paint all planned out too

Yo Bulldog. Don't worry, there's no face painting but there will be booby painting.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=42&pictureid=478

Sticky 296
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Just a little bumpski!

So weather is going to be killer on Saturday so jump on the bike and cruise on down to GPM for some free Taste Of Philly lunch from 11am-3pm. (BTW Taste is the BOMB!!)

We will be doing door prize giveaways all day long and cost to you is zero! So at least come win ya some goods.......

We will also be have deals on bikes and in our P&A Dept as well. (See above flyer)

For all you gun peeps we will be discounting Guns and Ammo and all accessories that go along.

Then to top it off we will be giving away two guns at 3pm. A XD 9mm and a S&W 38 special. To play you just need to buy a ticket for 5 dollars. (No limit and all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project) Doing good...

The XD9 you do not have to be present for we will call the winner. The Smith you must be in house to win.

Any questions on any of the fun let me know. Other wise see you all there..:yes:

.................................................. .............................................
P.S. bring your R.C. we built a few street wood ramps to play on in the parking lot.

jrthomas6
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
You had me at the Spongebob paint job..

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'll be there, daddy needs a new gun. :D

Sticky 296
Thu Jun 2nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Odds are looking pretty good to win!

Sticky 296
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Your Friday evening reminder to come by for free lunch! :harrrrr:

Foolds
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Damit I wanna Win the Guns but gotta work until 4!

Sticky 296
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
Bummer! One less person in the running for a gun!

Mother Goose
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
More guns for me!! :D

Matty
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cage'n it over.... Later in the day.

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Buyer beware...the 20% "rebate" is not being treated as such by GPM. It's being treated as "in-store credit only" on a future purchase, even thought that's NOT what a rebate is. I'm not hatin' (much), I'm just sayin'. Truth in advertising is NOT being acknowledged there.

That being said, I'll be there soon to ride some bikes and eat some very tasty philly sandwiches. =)

Sticky 296
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Buyer beware...the 20% "rebate" is not being treated as such by GPM. It's being treated as "in-store credit only" on a future purchase, even thought that's NOT what a rebate is. I'm not hatin' (much), I'm just sayin'. Truth in advertising is NOT being acknowledged there.

That being said, I'll be there soon to ride some bikes and eat some very tasty philly sandwiches. =)

Its a instore REBATE! If you feel that is not right come see me and I will take care of you with a discount if that will justify the confusion.

Not trying to falsify

Chris is parts...

Matty
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I'm liking the new layout if the shop. Anyways, thanx GP. Got my cheesesteaks, Faith got to crash a RC truck, bumped into a few friends, and took off

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Its a instore REBATE! If you feel that is not right come see me and I will take care of you with a discount if that will justify the confusion.

Not trying to falsify

Chris is parts...

I was taken care of yesterday...the second manager made it right, and I appreciated that. However, a rebate is a "sum of money returned to the customer after or at the time of purchase"...at least according to the rest of the retail world. In the store there is a huge banner that offers a $1,000 rebate on a certain bike. According to GPM am I now supposed to believe that if I were to buy that bike I would only have a $1,000 CREDIT towards the purchase of another product by that company? No, because that is not how a rebate works. Today I even had a salesman try to sell me some pants and that today was the day to buy because they're "20% off"...when that's not actually the case. 20% credit towards another purchase is not "20% off".

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but without there being even any fine print indicating "in-store credit only", it's a deceptive advertisement and "rebate". I'm merely attempting to help others be aware of this fact.

salsashark
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Good event, thanks for the cheese steak! yum...

Now I know I do NOT want an Aprilia shiver :lol:

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Good event, thanks for the cheese steak! yum...

Now I know I do NOT want an Aprilia shiver :lol:

Same here. I don't know if it was just that particular bike, but when taking off in 1st it felt like 2nd, as in it wanted to bog down unless you really gave it a lot of throttle.

But the Concours 14 was very sweet. Definitely on my list for Sport Tourer in the future.

~Barn~
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I would have bought a pair of A-Star gloves today, if the 20% would have been "rebated" at the time of my purchase. Alas.... Not hurt at all, about the misuse of the word though; caveat emptor.

Aside from that though, got to see my long lost buddy Tracy, ran into some other friends, got to twist a Star Stryker, and stuffed my face with cheesesteaks. Had a great time. :up:

Mother Goose
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks to Grand Prix for putting this one. We missed out on the cheese steaks, but won some cool stuff, but had to buy a backpack to carry everything home. Damn you! :lol: Thanks Chris!

Darth Do'Urden
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I would have bought a pair of A-Star gloves today, if the 20% would have been "rebated" at the time of my purchase. Alas....

I say good for you for NOT buying the gloves. I'm a firm believer in deceptive advertising having a negative effect on the retailer choosing to behave as such.

I think it's very cool to live close to a place that puts on Demo Days, Open Houses, what have you. And I AM sincerely grateful for it. But it's the little things that tend to put a bad taste in one's mouth. A place that big, I don't get why they feel the need to trick folks into the store.

Anyway, enough of my bitchin'. It was a fine day...and the Hooters Girls looked nice =).

AOK303
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Damn I want free swag

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I was taken care of yesterday...the second manager made it right, and I appreciated that. However, a rebate is a "sum of money returned to the customer after or at the time of purchase"...at least according to the rest of the retail world. In the store there is a huge banner that offers a $1,000 rebate on a certain bike. According to GPM am I now supposed to believe that if I were to buy that bike I would only have a $1,000 CREDIT towards the purchase of another product by that company? No, because that is not how a rebate works. Today I even had a salesman try to sell me some pants and that today was the day to buy because they're "20% off"...when that's not actually the case. 20% credit towards another purchase is not "20% off".

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but without there being even any fine print indicating "in-store credit only", it's a deceptive advertisement and "rebate". I'm merely attempting to help others be aware of this fact.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/5761861656_bed9b115ff_b.jpg
Not sure how they could have made it any clearer... lol