PDA

View Full Version : Ride GG/P2P/Boulder Canyon on Sat. 5/28

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Anyone want to go for a run on saturday? Thinking meet at the Golden 7-11 @ 10:30am and KSU at 11am. Hit up Golden Gate Canyon and then P2P all the way up to estes park for a late lunch. Then after lunch, head back down P2P and take Boulder Canyon down into hippyville for a post ride Moscow Mule.

Pace: as fast as youre experience allows you to comfortably/confidently take those roads at... guessing some of those roads will have more traffic than normal since its a long weekend.

Who's in!

Ted
Thu May 26th, 2011, 08:30 AM
hippyville ???? ????? Don't hate !!!

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Im only interested if we put down the Mules first...

I could probably make it but not till 11.

Swift
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'll be there.

Ayato
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
i'll be there

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:12 AM
hippyville ???? ????? Don't hate !!!
You better show... I'm gonna need your expertise on boulder canyon! That's your road! I'm gonna have my traffic control folks make up a sign that says "Teds Road" and mount it on the side of the road... See how long it takes you to find it! :P

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Im only interested if we put down the Mules first...

I could probably make it but not till 11.
Changed it to 11 for ya. Actually will be nicer.... Miss the lunch time rush!

Ted
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
^ There is a very important game on Saturday. Its called the Champions League Final. I doubt i will be giving that up for anything other than watching that game. Not even the hottest chick on earth can take its place. You guys not watching the game ???????

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM
^ There is a very important game on Saturday. Its called the Champions League Final. I doubt i will be giving that up for anything other than watching that game. Not even the hottest chick on earth can take its place. You guys not watching the game ???????

Why watch? ... Barcelona is gonna kick Manchester's ass!

sloridr
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM
FYI I've been pulled over twice on GG this year. Seen the sheriff out on every trip up the canyon. Just sayin

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
FYI I've been pulled over twice on GG this year. Seen the sheriff out on every trip up the canyon. Just sayin

Ya... I always see them out there too. Had them pop lights at me a few times but never turn around.

you DRZ guys just look questionable.... they pull you over just on principle :silly::p

Ted
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
^ My tags expired last month.... (Still riding that 30 day grace period thing) . Can i still ride with you ...lol ? I don't run from cops, 'cause i am cool like that. In fact when they light me up in the canyons i wait for them to stop traffic, turn around and meet me .

Drunktank
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM
^ My tags expired last month.... (Still riding that 30 day grace period thing) . Can i still ride with you ...lol ? I don't run from cops, 'cause i am cool like that. In fact when they light me up in the canyons i wait for them to stop traffic, turn around and meet me .

If youre on the grace period youre still legal... if youre not... you can still roll! Im not the one that'll be getting a ticket :D

I stopped and waited for a cop to pull me over yesterday. No idea what I was thinking... LMFAO!

Ted
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Good to know. Haven't been there this season yet.

But......seriously over a million posts for you since 2009 ?????? That's what i call dedication .....lol you should be an admin or something similar...

Zach929rr
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
you DRZ guys just look questionable.... they pull you over just on principle :silly::p

Us drz lot are just a misunderstood group. :cry:

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Changed it to 11 for ya. Actually will be nicer.... Miss the lunch time rush!

Thanks brotha! I am like 90%... I have to do a juggling act with my son but I am thinking I can be back to my bike by 1030 and in golden by 11. I will let you know...

TIVO Ted, TIVO

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 26th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Not that I want to mess anyones plans up but im thinking we missed this thread....

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40012

Canyons vs. Willy girls?

OUTLAWD
Thu May 26th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Not that I want to mess anyones plans up but im thinking we missed this thread....

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40012

Canyons vs. Willy girls?

silly noob...canyons THEN Willy girls

Ted
Thu May 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks brotha! I am like 90%... I have to do a juggling act with my son but I am thinking I can be back to my bike by 1030 and in golden by 11. I will let you know...

TIVO Ted, TIVO

Yeah...... there's just something special about watching it live..... I'll ride and bail out in Lyons (assuming the route goes through lyons)

Drunk....... You gonna try to hit up that Ukranian chick up at Estes ?

Jim_Vess
Thu May 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Just a heads-up. The Boulder Creek Festival is going on this weekend. There will be a shitload of people and traffic on Canyon Blvd when you roll into "hippyville".

Last year I forgot about the festival and got stuck in that mess.

Drunktank
Fri May 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah...... there's just something special about watching it live..... I'll ride and bail out in Lyons (assuming the route goes through lyons)

Drunk....... You gonna try to hit up that Ukranian chick up at Estes ?
I could hit it I suppose.... and ya... we can drop down into lyons. I have no commitment to any route :D

Thanks for the heads up Jim! Think we'll shoot down to coal creek that being said. No point in doing boulder canyon if its... well..... walking pace

sloridr
Fri May 27th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Good to know. Haven't been there this season yet.

But......seriously over a million posts for you since 2009 ?????? That's what i call dedication .....lol you should be an admin or something similar...

The admin sent me a blue ribbon in the mail....

Ted
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I could hit it I suppose.... and ya... we can drop down into lyons. I have no commitment to any route :D

Thanks for the heads up Jim! Think we'll shoot down to coal creek that being said. No point in doing boulder canyon if its... well..... walking pace

Man, there is a lot to see there at walking pace.... lots of trees, birds, etc. Quit complaining like a little ...

The admin sent me a blue ribbon in the mail....

Picture or it never happened :bow:

Swift
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Bump. Cuz I fuckin can.

madvlad
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I would so make this but my brother graduates tomorrow... lol you guys have fun though

Freelancz
Fri May 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM
ill be there

Vellos
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Need a lot of new shims. Won't be ready to ride until Sunday at the earliest. Have fun and stay safe!

Swift
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Freelancz,
Solstice?

Swift
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Need a lot of new shims. Won't be ready to ride until Sunday at the earliest. Have fun and stay safe!
:shock:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oJTA7MU0yV8/TVUuEfSIVaI/AAAAAAAAAbA/TJbeXRtN47k/s1600/okay2vibelive.JPG

Drunktank
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM

Jap bikes.... cant trust em :p

Zero
Sat May 28th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I'm new to the forum but would like to join you guys. Let me know. I'm on a SV-650. Thanks.

Freelancz
Sat May 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Jap bikes.... cant trust em :p

they are Fast though huh... Keep up...

Freelancz
Sat May 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Freelancz,
Solstice?

Not today

Darth Do'Urden
Sat May 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I'm new to the forum but would like to join you guys. Let me know. I'm on a SV-650. Thanks.

Just show up and be ready for KSU at 11am =). Looks like I'm gonna make it...had to take care of a prior engagement (that I didn't want to do anyway) before committing, but now I'm in.

Weather looks like it's fine, at least down here in the Littleton area. Can anyone confirm that up around Estes is going to be fine--and by "fine" I mean dry (and hopefully warm enough to ditch the warm underlayers)?

See ya at 10:45 or so.

oh10raven
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I think I'm going to make the first part of this ride, but probably need to head back halfway or maybe at the lunch stop. See ya guys there!

Ezzzzy1
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Where the fuck is the 7-11!?

Drunktank
Sat May 28th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Where the fuck is the 7-11!?

LMFAO!!!!! 30 minutes of or riding around the jeffco court house only to figure out youre 5 miles to the south :p

Darth Do'Urden
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Great ride today. Glad nobody (else =P) got pulled over today! And that ride home was...well, kinda nuts. =)

Good ride, good food, and very nice chatting with some of you guys. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Swift
Sat May 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Ryan just wanted to get home to take his nap. No harm in finding a short cut. Means more sleep before bitches come over.

Despite being FUCKING COLD on P2P, I had a blast. Look forward to raging on monday if you guys are still game.

Drunktank
Sun May 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM
And that ride home was...well, kinda nuts. =)

Oh really now???? :shock:

Ezzzzy1
Sun May 29th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I didnt see anything wrong with the ride home...? I would however like to have a sit-down talk about a few things regarding how we are going to ride around all the crazy ass drivers that keep passing us.

Drunktank
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I didnt see anything wrong with the ride home...? I would however like to have a sit-down talk about a few things regarding how we are going to ride around all the crazy ass drivers that keep passing us.

You got passed? I was on a mission from god :shocked:

oh10raven
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Good ride guys, sorry I had to bail before lunch. We'll see ya on the next one, hopefully warming and longer.

Drunktank
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Good ride guys, sorry I had to bail before lunch. We'll see ya on the next one, hopefully warming and longer.

Did you find out what was leaking on your bike??

oh10raven
Sun May 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Did you find out what was leaking on your bike??
Didn't realize anything was leaking?

Drunktank
Mon May 30th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Someone told me your bike was leaking oil.. forgot who said that

oh10raven
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Weird I'll check it out, but I just checked my oil level before our ride and it was fine. I also rode 100+ miles yesterday with others and no one mentioned anything. I ride a black R1, just in case you're thinking of someone else. It better not be leaking, the damn thing's under 6 months old.