PDA

View Full Version : Video Making

Finklestein87
Thu May 26th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Seeing if anyone wants to collaborate and make a riding video or any type of video.

I have editing software, a GoPro, and a Handycam.

I have a few videos posted on Youtube that I threw together and would like to start putting better videos out there.

Let me know if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CFSouldier?feature=mhee

Vellos
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Do you always ride with squids/douchebags?

asp_125
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
What a clusterF.

derekm
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
dont heed the haters. hit up matt (navajo walks) on these forums and see what blossoms :)

Vellos
Thu May 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure blocking the whole interstate so you can do some wheelies is the definition of being a douchebag. :lol:

derekm
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
its funner than youd think, dont knock it till youve tried it

Vellos
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Didn't say it wasn't 'fun', it's just a douchebag thing to do.

OUTLAWD
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I tend to shy away from highway riding, but if you want some canyon footage, I'm game...

my gopro is not HD though :(

vort3xr6
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I got a go pro HD, but I doubt you could keep up with me.

OUTLAWD
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM
now that's just rude...

BlueRanger
Thu May 26th, 2011, 11:41 PM
That street was more clogged than my toilet after I'm done IBSing in it. :poo:

Finklestein87
Fri May 27th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Lol, I'm glad you guys like my videos. The whole ROC thing was a really good learning experience to say the least. If you look closely, you will see I'm on a Ninja 250 - I do not stunt - I enjoy making videos.

And if you ride super fast on the canyons, well great, I'd love to film you ripping through and make that into a video. If create custom bike mods, i would love to film that and make that into a video, or RC hobby.

Finklestein87
Fri May 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Pretty sure blocking the whole interstate so you can do some wheelies is the definition of being a douchebag. :lol:

Probably some of the craziest, most reckless riding I have ever done...LOTS of close calls, bikes everywhere, anxiety up the ASS.

Plenty of cagers got pissed, the smart ones just pulled over and let them pass. This is St. Louis - Not exactly the kind of place most of you are used to, and this is a yearly event taken place in that city.

And if you think that is bad, You should see the clusterfuck Harley puts on in Milwaukee everyyear. The 105th celebration was old by the first night (constant harley revs) and the 110th is right around the corner.

Finklestein87
Fri May 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
dont heed the haters. hit up matt (navajo walks) on these forums and see what blossoms :)

Ill hit him up, thanks.

I tend to shy away from highway riding, but if you want some canyon footage, I'm game...

my gopro is not HD though :(

No worries, I already got tons of ideas where we could put it to use without HD being of much concern.

Rooster
Fri May 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
blocking traffic............100+ in the twisties and blind curves.........sounds pretty even to me. just sayin.

not even in a asshole kind of thing to do. but its riders having fun. its not like the "other" canyon carvers dont do anything stupid and wreckless.:dunno:

Vellos
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Passing small amounts of traffic in the mountains versus blocking off all the traffic on a city interstate. Hmmm?

brennahm
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'd watch it Finklestein, from the sounds of it 90% of the assholes on this board would hand your ass to the cops as an accomplice. Seriously, might not want to advertise activities that would be video worthy on here.

Rooster
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Passing small amounts of traffic on double lines while doing 80 in a 35 in the mountains versus blocking off all the traffic on a city interstate. Hmmm?

fixed. lol

Vellos
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:32 AM
from the sounds of it 90% of the assholes

Luckily there are very few assholes here.

fixed. lol

:)

Rooster
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I'd watch it Finklestein, from the sounds of it 90% of the assholes on this board would hand your ass to the cops as an accomplice. Seriously, might not want to advertise activities that would be video worthy on here.

i dont think its as bad as it looks. i know allot of towns that block off streets for events. now granted there not as big as the 1 on the video, but none the less. i know ALLOT of towns that think its ok there roads and highways to be blocked by cruisers or harleys. they think its cool actually. kinda weird how things work out with such things like that.

BlueRanger
Fri May 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
And if you ride super fast on the canyons, well great, I'd love to film you ripping through and make that into a video.

If you film me, than fast forward x10, I'll be going super fast... Interested? lol.

Finklestein87
Fri May 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Seriously, might not want to advertise activities that would be video worthy on here.

:dunno: No idea what you mean by that... Like they are going to steal my ideas? :silly: Lol

Plus, I think you are missing the point. I'm not interested in making race videos on the street, putting people at risk. I'm looking for people interested in film and want to create something nice. If you're not interested in helping, that's fine, but no need to piss into my cereal.

TurboGizzmo
Fri May 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I can help with video editing, DVD menus, simple effects, text and credits and converting media files, if needed.

vort3xr6
Fri May 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
If you want to come out to the track and get some more angles on the race bike, I would be a willing donor.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Ok, this is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. What a bunch of assholes. One day, someone in a truck is going to just decide to plow thru these douchebags. Who the fuck do they think they are bringin a main highway to a standstill while they decide to be assholes? SRSLY??? This is EXACTLY why cagers hate us. What if people have an emergency and have to get somewhere? Hell, what about ambulances? What about the traffic accidents that happen behind this mass of complete dumbfuckery because suddenly all traffic comes to a dead stop because......these guys feel like being assholes? Nice, huh?

Do I speed? Do the people I usually ride with speed? Sure, but we don't block traffic, we don't pass unsafely, we don't cut people off, and we don't block traffic. What a bunch of fuckwads. In this instance, I'd like the see a mass of cops suddenly box them in, confiscate, and CRUSH all these bikes. And, while they're at it, maybe feed these clowns into the chipper-shredder for soylent green.:banghead:

Ok, so, it's cool YOU don't engage in this shit, but why even hang out with these fucknutz?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM
i dont think its as bad as it looks. i know allot of towns that block off streets for events. now granted there not as big as the 1 on the video, but none the less. i know ALLOT of towns that think its ok there roads and highways to be blocked by cruisers or harleys. they think its cool actually. kinda weird how things work out with such things like that.
HUGE, huge difference: in cases like that, you get a permit, there are cops and proper precautions taken and signs and barriers set up. And nobody gets hurt because a bunch of assholes suddenly cause a major highway to come to a complete stop.

BlueRanger
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Do I speed? Do the people I usually ride with speed? Sure, but we don't block traffic, we don't pass unsafely, we don't cut people off, and we don't block traffic. What a bunch of fuckwads. In this instance, I'd like the see a mass of cops suddenly box them in, confiscate, and GIVE all their bikes to BlueRanger. And, while they're at it, maybe feed these clowns into the chipper-shredder for soylent green.:banghead:

Fixed.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Fixed.
Hah! But, you probably wouldn't want any of them. Those stunna assholes usually beat the shit out of them, pound $900+ tanks in on the top, put fur on their bikes to hide all the damage, tend to have cracks in the frame near the steering head because of all the wheelies. We had the Star-Boyz in Ohio where i lived, and i'd see their bikes on a regular basis. Dipshits, all of them. Nah, I'd pass if I were you. ;)

Vellos
Sat May 28th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Finally, something Frank and I agree on. ;)

Finklestein87
Sat May 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Ok, so, it's cool YOU don't engage in this shit, but why even hang out with these fucknutz?

All of the dangers you mentioned are absolutely correct. I doubt any of the people coordinating the ride even thought about that.

But I'm not going to defend myself on the people I choose to be around, unless you want to meet me at Jefferson Elementary. Plus the simple fact is I was there to film the ride, a riding experience, and had no idea or control on what other people were going to do. There to film the event, I was similar to any reporter/photographer/journalist that is in the crowd for riots or other extremely uncontrolled dangerous events capturing it. Maybe I'll walk away with a few friends, but thinking I'm buddy buddy with all these folks is miscalculated and incorrect.

I hope you can see my point of view on this but I would prefer we keep this thread to actual movie making video projects. If you want to continue this discussion about the legalities, dangers and irresponsible behavior, please make a new thread where I will post the ROC (Ride of the Century St. Louis) videos and we can move all related posts to that thread.

Thanks.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
All of the dangers you mentioned are absolutely correct. I doubt any of the people coordinating the ride even thought about that.

But I'm not going to defend myself on the people I choose to be around, unless you want to meet me at Jefferson Elementary. Plus the simple fact is I was there to film the ride, a riding experience, and had no idea or control on what other people were going to do. There to film the event, I was similar to any reporter/photographer/journalist that is in the crowd for riots or other extremely uncontrolled dangerous events capturing it. Maybe I'll walk away with a few friends, but thinking I'm buddy buddy with all these folks is miscalculated and incorrect.

I hope you can see my point of view on this but I would prefer we keep this thread to actual movie making video projects. If you want to continue this discussion about the legalities, dangers and irresponsible behavior, please make a new thread where I will post the ROC (Ride of the Century St. Louis) videos and we can move all related posts to that thread.

Thanks.
Of course they are, and of course these dipshits didn't think of any of them. They're only thinking about themselves, with no regard for public safety or rights. And exactly why the LEO's need to clamp down on them without mercy.

Why, are you still in elementary school? I would have thought maybe H/S parking lot, but...........

I already said that I'm glad YOU don't engage in that behavoir. I didn't say you were buddies with them. I also only asked you why you even hung out for them. I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with that dumbfuckery, even on the edges. The public and the LEO's see you as one of them simply because you're on a sportbike, in fact, with the camera rolling, you're seen as ENCOURAGING them. I understand you're the reporter, but, if you read what I posted carefully (re-read as needed), I ranted against THEIR behavoir, not yours. I just asked some perfectly legitimate questions.

I will say this though, if these are the kinds of people you bring on rides, or have a bad habit of riding up a friend of mine's ass, ahhhhh, have fun with that. I'll avoid that shit, thank you.