PDA

View Full Version : How many people got pulled over this weekend.

crypto0793
Sat May 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
So I got pulled over for doing 40 in a 35 but I pulled the Military card and no ticket but I did see 3 bikes get pulled over on my up to Boulder.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae297/Kyle_Selinsky/247670_10150631214115650_628065649_19127033_185063 1_n.jpg

Matty
Sat May 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM
took a lil ride towards north Lakewood and back through LODO back into DTC, and had no problem with any cops. Actually was sandwiched between 2 Denver Patrol cars heading south on Broadway for a few good miles and nothing.

Don't speed or act like an idiot and you'll be fine!

crypto0793
Sat May 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM
yeah the cop that pulled me over was cool other than puling me over fro going 5 over. the good thing is that i didnt get a ticket

madvlad
Sat May 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
They're trying to get anything right now lol... state is hurting for money.

Fernman
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
5 over is lucky, the second you tuck down to the tank you pick up 15 :up:

Darth Do'Urden
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I got pulled over today around 10:45am on my way in to Golden...for failing to signal a lane change. Trooper was cool, and I didn't get a ticket since my DL/Insurance/Registration all checked out fine. But c'mon...failing to signal? There were cars all over the place failing to signal. Whatever.

crypto0793
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I got pulled over today around 10:45am on my way in to Golden...for failing to signal a lane change. Trooper was cool, and I didn't get a ticket since my DL/Insurance/Registration all checked out fine. But c'mon...failing to signal? There were cars all over the place failing to signal. Whatever.

were you in gray with a backpack. I saw a trooper pull someone over up there. and i couldnt figure out why because he wasnt speeding we had just gotten off the 470

crypto0793
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:41 PM
i got pulled over around 10:00am in englewood on my way to the 470 to go to boulder.

PunyJuney
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM

I'm sure the state is hurting for cash and it's a great way to bring in revenue, but we were pulled over on the way up Golden Gate and were chastised by a badge with a bad attitude. I was told off re:the families that live there don't want to listen to bikes screaming up their road. :scream2: If it's a noise issue I would think that's a Hardley problem, not a CBR with a stock pipe going 37 mph in a 35 zone. Perhaps they just decided to crack down on sport bikes early in the season for our own good? :?

Nobody seems to be getting written up for these minor stops that are nothing but inconvenient.

fasterlaster
Sat May 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
It also may be the step-up that happens during memorial day. Lots of idiots start to think it's cool to have a few beers and then hop on a bike. In some cases other than smart owners, they may help prevent some problems. If it continues after the long weekend, then I'll retract this. ;)

Sleev
Sat May 28th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Englewood around 11pm last night, driving from the bar to my friends house (10 min drive) we saw four cops. one after the other. ride/drive careful out there!

Nick_Ninja
Sat May 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Gonna pull this one out the next time...........
http://www.9news.com/news/sidetracks/200528/337/CSP-drops-charges-in-39flipping-off39-case?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Ct :w00t:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/Trooperflipoff.jpg

Vellos
Sun May 29th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I bet they're cracking down on sportbikes because of...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17554&stc=1&d=1305999987

:lol:

fasterlaster
Sun May 29th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I'm still amazed just how close that officer was tailgating the white bike.

D Berns R6
Sun May 29th, 2011, 07:34 AM

granted your on a bike so you stick out, but there's some pretty good stuff that comes out of petty violations like failing to signal...

GuitarX
Sun May 29th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm sure the state is hurting for cash and it's a great way to bring in revenue, but we were pulled over on the way up Golden Gate and were chastised by a badge with a bad attitude. I was told off re:the families that live there don't want to listen to bikes screaming up their road. :scream2: If it's a noise issue I would think that's a Hardley problem, not a CBR with a stock pipe going 37 mph in a 35 zone. Perhaps they just decided to crack down on sport bikes early in the season for our own good? :?

Nobody seems to be getting written up for these minor stops that are nothing but inconvenient.

June you scofflaw! I'm glad I wasn't speeding at all yesterday. :silly:

BC14
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
:imwithstupid::w00t:

ChrisCBX
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Yep 538 miles of twisting mountain roads for me/us yesterday. It took a while running at the posted limits. ;)

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun May 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
granted your on a bike so you stick out, but there's some pretty good stuff that comes out of petty violations like failing to signal...

It's called the law of averages, the more people they stop the more they should find. Indoctrinated into every officer/trooper/deputy at the beginning of their career.

MetaLord 9
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
June, next time just pull a wheelie so at least he's yell'n at you for a good reason

Zanatos
Sun May 29th, 2011, 04:34 PM
No traffic stops for me. I have a new bike, and I'm used to riding Harleys. Women pushing baby strollers are probably faster than me.

fiveninerzero
Sun May 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM
It is the end of the month after all.

salsashark
Sun May 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Got a funny look from a cop at a stop light last night while riding home in the rain... Without my rain gear.

I think he was jealous because even with the rain, I was having a good time.

Darth Do'Urden
Sun May 29th, 2011, 11:02 PM
were you in gray with a backpack. I saw a trooper pull someone over up there. and i couldnt figure out why because he wasnt speeding we had just gotten off the 470

Heheh...yeah that was me. Were you the one I was close to for a while on 470? When we started getting close to town off of 470 I was so paranoid about my speed that I got scope-locked on the trooper, my own speedometer and the posted limit signs that I totally spaced on signaling. He was real nice about the whole thing and told me to ride safe 'cuz he "didn't want to be on the scene of my accident in the canyon." Yeah, me either, dude.

I get that, but the whole thing just felt like he was begging for a reason to pull me over. But whatever, I know he was just doin' his job, and for all he knew maybe I'd "lost my plate" somewhere, or my endorsement was in crayon. My paint job is custom, so maybe he thought it was rattle-canned 'cuz I'd been runnin' from his brothers the weekend before...who knows, right? =P

Got a funny look from a cop at a stop light last night while riding home in the rain... Without my rain gear.

I think he was jealous because even with the rain, I was having a good time.

Amen. QFT

Finklestein87
Mon May 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
He let me go with a warning.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac110/finklestein87/258752_10150189291535947_641170946_7272948_3882438 _o.jpg

OUTLAWD
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
A few times I thought I was gonna get pulled over...but the saddle bags allow me to operate in stealth mode ;)

crypto0793
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Heheh...yeah that was me. Were you the one I was close to for a while on 470? When we started getting close to town off of 470 I was so paranoid about my speed that I got scope-locked on the trooper, my own speedometer and the posted limit signs that I totally spaced on signaling. He was real nice about the whole thing and told me to ride safe 'cuz he "didn't want to be on the scene of my accident in the canyon." Yeah, me either, dude.

yeah that was me i was kind of paranoid also my spedo is over 8 mph so i have to watch it, alteast no ticket

Vellos
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Adam got lit up today and we saw another bike on P2P pulled over. They're hunting us down I swear.

Finklestein87
Mon May 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Adam got lit up today and we saw another bike on P2P pulled over. They're hunting us down I swear.

They really are!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM
A few times I thought I was gonna get pulled over...but the saddle bags allow me to operate in stealth mode ;)

I have bags AND a trunk. Do you suppose that puts me in double secret stealth? :shock:

It's worked well so far

BC14
Mon May 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
+1

thankgod
Mon May 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM
They were rollin deep today on p2p...we saw at least 2 squad car/trucks crusing with each other...at least 3 times!

Spooph
Mon May 30th, 2011, 10:18 PM
That's it, I'm gonna trade my 250 for a bonneville and glue on a grey beard....

OUTLAWD
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM

you guys just ride like dicks

BC14
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Nothing like being subtle, lol.

OUTLAWD
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:17 PM
that was subtle...

somehow I rode ~1000 miles this weekend at a mostly spirited, if not stupid, pace at times, with no run-ins with the law...there is riding smart, and riding like a dick...I prefer the former over the latter

Darth Do'Urden
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:24 PM
that was subtle...

somehow I rode ~1000 miles this weekend at a mostly spirited, if not stupid, pace at times, with no run-ins with the law...there is riding smart, and riding like a dick...I prefer the former over the latter

:imwithstupid:

I've now officially been with groups that did both...I'm not a big fan of the "riding like a dick" method. Spirited is a blast, and is hopefully understandable to most constables, but the other just serves to make us all look bad. I don't like having a bad reputation solely based on what I choose to transport myself on.

BC14
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:25 PM
that was subtle...

Did 1,045 with no issues myself..... Must be the saddlebags and adjustable windshield..... :p

OUTLAWD
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:38 PM
my windscreen is adjustable...when I take one off and put the ZG one on ;)

AOK303
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
i did 400 miles only saw 4 law men and one of them i saw going up then down lookout
i wonder how many bikes did get pulled

Sean
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:11 AM
Denver - Buena Vista/Salida= A bunch of cops :(

All of the dirt roads/trails in Chaffee county= Zero cops! :rock:

Devaclis
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:40 AM
Denver - Buena Vista/Salida= A bunch of cops :(

All of the dirt roads/trails in Chaffee county= Zero cops! :rock:

THIS ^^^

Sean
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
THIS ^^^You going to FMF this weekend?

Bueller
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Many State boys on the way to HPR and back, but not 1 where we were speeding.

D_Sp8s
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:14 AM
I was on I-25 for a total of 10 minutes yesterday between hampden and County line and saw 3-4 badges on bikes with their radar guns out, they were spaced out on north and south bound.

Lomax
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:31 AM
You going to FMF this weekend?

Headed out tomorrow afternoon. :w00t:

I did quite a few miles on P2P this weekend and did see lots of police. The old BMW did not have to worry about getting pulled over however. :)

Marc

Devaclis
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM
You going to FMF this weekend?

Leaving Friday morning to go stake a claim at the spot :)

I am already packed adn ready to go, it's going to be a LOOOONG 3 days of waiting lol.

Devaclis
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Headed out tomorrow afternoon. :w00t:

I did quite a few miles on P2P this weekend and did see lots of police. The old BMW did not have to worry about getting pulled over however. :)

Marc

Marc, at Fourmile look for the little Ford Ranger with Suzuki stickers on it, that's me. See you guys up there :)

Lomax
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Marc, at Fourmile look for the little Ford Ranger with Suzuki stickers on it, that's me. See you guys up there :)

I am in a Burgundy FJ cruiser With a KTM, look me up. :)

Marc

OUTLAWD
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
I did quite a few miles on P2P this weekend and did see lots of police.
Marc

were you the one dragging saddle bags on CCPkwy on Sunday?

Sean
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Headed out tomorrow afternoon. :w00t: Jealous! :doublefinger: I camped on 304 this last weekend. It was a bit windy, but the weather was nice.

Leaving Friday morning to go stake a claim at the spot :)Aren't you camping with SortaJeff somewhere else? If I can make it down, I'll give Jeff a call (I think I still have his number. Gonna try and make it for at least one day of riding.

I'll be on a black KTM950 with panniers. Trucks are for people with lil' bikes. :up:

Devaclis
Tue May 31st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Jealous! :doublefinger: I camped on 304 this last weekend. It was a bit windy, but the weather was nice.

Aren't you camping with SortaJeff somewhere else? If I can make it down, I'll give Jeff a call (I think I still have his number. Gonna try and make it for at least one day of riding.

I'll be on a black KTM950 with panniers. Trucks are for people with lil' bikes. :up:

Camping Friday at FMF then Saturday elsewhere but still riding with the FMF peeps.

thankgod
Tue May 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
I don't understand why...they make 24 million dollars a year MIN on the MMJ patients having to pay 90 each year for apply/renewal. And we still gotta dodge craters in our roads....

Penadam
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Pulled over Monday going up golden gate for 22 over.:( Had I not slowed down to see why Spoof wasn't behind me anymore, don't think I would have ever seen the officer. Let go with a verbal warning8)

Penadam
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM

We were surprisingly not dicks that day. Passed in passing zones, and rode the speed limit down P2P and 6.

Spooph
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:43 PM
that was subtle...

Did 1,045 with no issues myself..... Must be the saddlebags and adjustable windshield..... :p

You obviously have a different definition of "spirited" and "dick"... :gay:

And seriously? Does FMF have to be here too? I thought it was a seeekreeet!?!?! I gotta get me a dirt bike...

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Pulled over Monday going up golden gate for 22 over.:(

:bigeyes:

Let go with a verbal warning8)

You must have a great excuse. Mine must always be lame (even tried showing :boobies: ...alas...) Do tell...

Sean
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Does FMF have to be here too? I thought it was a seeekreeet!?!?! I gotta get me a dirt bike...Yes and yes.

Vellos
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:57 PM

What?

Penadam
Tue May 31st, 2011, 12:58 PM

You must have a great excuse. Mine must always be lame (even tried showing :boobies: ...alas...) Do tell...

Honestly?
I just was super respectful and friendly with him and didn't offer any excuses. Probably helped I'm pretty clean cut and he was on seat belt patrol. He even made a crack about me not having to worry about that. Guess I was just lucky.

OUTLAWD
Tue May 31st, 2011, 01:06 PM
We were surprisingly not dicks that day.

Good...I wasn't trying to lump you in with them...just seems a few of the front runners of this cohort pull questionable passes at times and will pass a car then slow down so everyone else can pass :wtf: These are what I consider dick maneuvers and normally piss cages off

You obviously have a different definition of "spirited" and "dick"... :gay:

you can ride at an elevated pace without pulling asshat maneuvers. Passing on the straights, while giving ample room to those being passed is acceptable in my book. Forcing cars off the road, passing in turns, cutting cars off etc. on a regular basis will get you noticed.

Vellos
Tue May 31st, 2011, 01:11 PM
You're talking out your ass Dave. Why would you think Adam, Matt, and I do that?

Spooph
Tue May 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM

He has beautiful eyes and luscious lips, and you know troopers... They are of a particular persuasion... :eyebrows:

Honestly?
I just was super respectful and friendly with him and didn't offer any excuses. Probably helped I'm pretty clean cut and he was on seat belt patrol. He even made a crack about me not having to worry about that. Guess I was just lucky.

You're way too humble Adam... Just admit it, you're pretty.... :gay:

Good...I wasn't trying to lump you in with them...just seems a few of the front runners of this cohort pull questionable passes at times and will pass a car then slow down so everyone else can pass :wtf: These are what I consider dick maneuvers and normally piss cages off

you can ride at an elevated pace without pulling asshat maneuvers. Passing on the straights, while giving ample room to those being passed is acceptable in my book. Forcing cars off the road, passing in turns, cutting cars off etc. on a regular basis will get you noticed.

Common dude, we've yacked over enough beers to where you should know the difference between a critique and being razzed.... :slap: yes yes, you are right, but it would've been more fun had you played along.... :grab:

Penadam
Tue May 31st, 2011, 02:38 PM
You're way too humble Adam... Just admit it, you're pretty.... :gay:

There you go, gaying up the place again.

spdu4ia
Tue May 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM
got pulled over today acctually. just out for a nice calm ride , saw him in my mirrors so wasn't doing anything stoopid. Comming down 8th street and watching the pot holes comming down a hill, not paying attention to the speed and i got a little over (6-9mph acctually). He pulled me over and I just calmly told him I had no excuses and I took my eyes off the speed for a second and it was my fault. Took my info, asked me about my CCW, came back and told me , "Here is a warning citation, thank you for having all your info together and you be careful".

One of the nicest LEO's i've ever met. Just be respectful guys.

Vellos
Tue May 31st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Should you be nice to the LEO that cuts you off and immediately brake checks you, then pulls you over for going around him? And that is exactly what happened, no exaggeration and I didn't do anything illegal throughout.

But if I get pulled over for a real reason, I'm very polite.

spdu4ia
Tue May 31st, 2011, 04:34 PM
yea, there are many different scenarios so each one is different.

OUTLAWD
Tue May 31st, 2011, 06:03 PM
but it would've been more fun had you played along.... :grab:

I never joke around...I am a very serious person.

SumoWeezle
Tue May 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
I never joke around...I am a very serious person.

:bs:

:doublefinger:

Lomax
Tue May 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
were you the one dragging saddle bags on CCPkwy on Sunday?

Oh no not me. :eyebrows:

I did drag something coming down Golden Gate but am not sure what it was. Not a cylinder head so it must have been the kick stand. How far can you actually lean over with a 100 rear tire anyway. :slap:

Marc

EABruno
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:00 PM
got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign, took my info and was back in 30 seconds and asked me where my seat belt was for the whole click it or ticket thing, no citation, whole thing took about 3 mins.

BC14
Tue May 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM
I always joke around...I am a very goofy person.
Fixed:slap:

VFR
Tue May 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign, took my info and was back in 30 seconds and asked me where my seat belt was for the whole click it or ticket thing, no citation, whole thing took about 3 mins.

Love it!

Pulled over in Fairplay on a down hill (81 in a 65) I was captivated by the mountain views and not watching the speedo (exactly what I told him). He happened to see the military I.D *hint hint*, came back gave me all my stuff and said "thank you for serving", I said "thank you for protecting, by the way how the hell I get back to Colorado Springs?" He laughs and says go back to the last turn and make a right on 9 to 24. All's well that ends well.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM
I got lucky on my solo runs on Saturday and Sunday and saw the cop before he saw me, and was able to slow down. And on Monday....well, lets just say it's a REALLY good thing we didn't see any on Deckers....... ;)

Nick_Ninja
Tue May 31st, 2011, 09:42 PM
I don't get tickets anymore. :silly:

OUTLAWD
Tue May 31st, 2011, 11:23 PM
You're talking out your ass Dave.

not so much

Fixed:slap:

when I talk out of my mouth, I am serious...

I only joke when I talk out of my ass ;)

BC14
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 12:27 AM
not so much

when I talk out of my mouth, I am serious...

I only joke when I talk out of my ass ;)

Guess I haven't seen the "serious" Dave yet. :scream1:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
Guess I haven't seen the "serious" Dave yet. :scream1:
Now THAT'S comedy!:lol:

Slo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 09:33 AM
What gets me still is how a single car gets pulled over for speeding, while the rest of the group goes with no questions. However, if a bike gets pulled over, they just expect everyone to pull over, whether they are together or not.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
What gets me still is how a single car gets pulled over for speeding, while the rest of the group goes with no questions. However, if a bike gets pulled over, they just expect everyone to pull over, whether they are together or not.
Doubt that would stand up in court, unless the LEO can prove the whole group was moving the same speed, like a pack of Hardleys.

salsashark
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
Doubt that would stand up in court, unless the LEO can prove the whole group was moving the same speed, like a pack of Hardleys.

Well, its easy to figure out how fast a pack of Hardleys is going... You just walk along side them and write down their speedometer readings (if they're working).

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Well, its easy to figure out how fast a pack of Hardleys is going... You just walk along side them and write down their speedometer readings (if they're working).
Kinda like that TV commercial where the car is dragging a boat anchor behind it.....and the cop guesses the speed at........16mph?:lol:

salsashark
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
your typical HD boat anchor...

http://www.illinoisphoto.com/pictures/d/131767-3/PICT4671-harley-davidson_jpg.jpg

this one has two anchors :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2sbE8ZrwLa4/SZLlMugT8-I/AAAAAAAABgc/F79WeE3Oyxs/s400/Harley-Davidson%2Bimage.jpg

GuitarX
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:06 AM

your typical HD boat anchor...

http://www.illinoisphoto.com/pictures/d/131767-3/PICT4671-harley-davidson_jpg.jpg

this one has two anchors :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2sbE8ZrwLa4/SZLlMugT8-I/AAAAAAAABgc/F79WeE3Oyxs/s400/Harley-Davidson%2Bimage.jpg

LOLOLOL! I'm lovin' me some salsashark this morning! :lol:

Slo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
LOL, one of these days I'm gonna get a hold of a HD StreetRod....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
LOL, one of these days I'm gonna get a hold of a HD StreetRod....
Why? Do you need an anchor for your boat?

salsashark
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
LOLOLOL! I'm lovin' me some salsashark this morning! :lol:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o_66fjv4fZI/S3MMbGdLKXI/AAAAAAAAL_8/ufM0mAik4vU/dogg.gif

Slo
Wed Jun 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Why? Do you need an anchor for your boat?

I don't need to be wheeling out of the gas station.:lol:

kevplus2
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM
they were out in force checking ohv tags this past weekend as well. i didnt get checked at alllast year, but was checked 3 different times up at fourmile this past weekend

make sure you are displaying those tags