PDA

View Full Version : Random tech/mech questions

bvnguyen516
Sat May 28th, 2011, 10:29 PM
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-RR

**picture attached** When the bike is lifted/set on a rear stand, is it weird/bad when the oil level indicates "very low"? (just rear stand, not front)

**picture attached** Anyone have or know what socket head size I need to loosen/adjust my handles?

madvlad
Sat May 28th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Even with the rear on a stand if its very close to being leveled I would say add oil. Also is that level reading after you run. It and let it sit or just cold?

Wrider
Sat May 28th, 2011, 10:33 PM
1. Run bike for a couple of minutes, shut it off, let it sit for 5 minutes, then check oil when the bike is level and not on a rearstand.

2. Are you talking about your handlebars? There should be an allen bolt under the triple tree there, but as far as adjusting in and out most sportbikes have a tab that lines up the handlebars with the triple tree at the correct angle.

rfranks303
Sat May 28th, 2011, 11:08 PM
1. Run bike for a couple of minutes, shut it off, let it sit for 5 minutes, then check oil when the bike is level and not on a rearstand.

2. Are you talking about your handlebars? There should be an allen bolt under the triple tree there, but as far as adjusting in and out most sportbikes have a tab that lines up the handlebars with the triple tree at the correct angle.

Yea what he said. I think the your looking at your preload and rebound adjustment. If your needing help seting up the ergonomics of you bike let me know I can give you some help.

Vellos
Sun May 29th, 2011, 02:25 AM
If you want to come to Boulder today (Sunday) you can get that stuff done, just bring some of your own oil or if you want to do a full oil change bring that (typically 4 quarts, filter, and possibly a crush washer). Adjusting your handlebars would be simple. Maybe do a brake fluid flush and adjust/clean your chain too while you're here (I have that stuff).

I'll be working on my bike too so it won't be a bother. Text or call my number in the signature.