PDA

View Full Version : Back on 2 wheels. (Horsetooth ride this morning)

bendavis
Mon May 30th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Lets ride. Need to figure out what all is wrong with the pile of bolts and bondo I picked up over the weekend... Lol. Probably a slower paced ride since I've been off bikes for half a year, and I'm not sure what to expect out of this would-be stunt bike.

BC14
Mon May 30th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Better bring a tool kit and cell phone :p

bendavis
Mon May 30th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Haha. Its ok, I have a reputation to maintain. Pretty much every csc ride I've been on has had me break down on one of my junker bikes. Clutch cable snapped, mysterious death (bad engine cut off switch), wind torn license plate, countless push starts... Etc... Etc... Etc... When you aren't willing ro spend more than 2 grand on a bike it would seem this is your fate. I've had this one out around town for about 3 hours without any issues aside from a loose chain (and a stripped adjusting bolt on the swing arm) so I'm going to take care of that this morning, mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe even do an oil change, clean the chain, fill her up and take a few of the twisties around horsetooth to feel her out. Anyone is welcome to join me at the u-pump-it on overland around 11, just reply here so I know you're coming.

bendavis
Mon May 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM
since there werent any replies i'll probably just take off soon, see you guys around!

OUTLAWD
Mon May 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
my bike is lacking wheels...and its raining...sorry

koru
Tue May 31st, 2011, 01:52 AM
Haha. Its ok, I have a reputation to maintain. Pretty much every csc ride I've been on has had me break down on one of my junker bikes. Clutch cable snapped, mysterious death (bad engine cut off switch), wind torn license plate, countless push starts... Etc... Etc... Etc... When you aren't willing ro spend more than 2 grand on a bike it would seem this is your fate. I've had this one out around town for about 3 hours without any issues aside from a loose chain (and a stripped adjusting bolt on the swing arm) so I'm going to take care of that this morning, mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe even do an oil change, clean the chain, fill her up and take a few of the twisties around horsetooth to feel her out. Anyone is welcome to join me at the u-pump-it on overland around 11, just reply here so I know you're coming.
oy mate im very good at working on anything and have tools for tools hit me up if you need help with your junker kinda busy but always willing to help working on my moms harley right now since my gixxer is rollin smooth:P but can make time so you can be safe out there