PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on leathers?

ImolaFem
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 01:46 AM
I think I'm getting good enough its about time to learn to put my knee down...not to mention its getting cold for riding in my perforated Phoenix jacket, so I want some leathers. Do we get any good deals locally? Or should I just buy from the internet?

Ripper
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 02:31 AM
Performance has the Tecnik one piece suits for $399 they are good starters, lamb skin I think, that's why they 're so cheap the quality and duribility is a bit under cow hide, but still provides good protection.

GOOD DEAL!!!

Ripper
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Performance Cycle in Denver

surfinspacegirl
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Also try IXS leathers; my race suite fits like a glove and crashed superbly - not even a single split seam, anywhere. They do one-piece and two-piece suits, and cater to shorter and longer variations on the standard sizing: www.ixs-usa.com.

Motoliberty.com is another online women's gear supplier that I've heard very good things about; they have Dainese and Alpinestars, among others.

Performance Cycle on Broadway & Evans in Denver has the best selection of women's gear if you want to try sizing. They will also order in gear for you to figure out what size you need.

One word of caution: you get what you pay for. Steer clear of the cheap suits, they don't stand up well to a crash due to their construction & the leather they use. In talking to Kris Drattlo who repairs the MRA racers' leathers, you can pretty much throw away a cheap suit after a tumble, as they don't repair well either. While it may hurt your wallet in the short run, your body will thank you in the long run. It was certainly true in my case.

Good luck!

haywood jablome
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 07:23 AM
www.newenough.com this place ROCKS!!! Great customer service, GREAT products, Great prices!!!!!

Rick T.
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Performance has the Tecnik one piece suits for $399 they are good starters, lamb skin I think, that's why they 're so cheap the quality and duribility is a bit under cow hide, but still provides good protection.

GOOD DEAL!!!

The cheaper suits are made in Goatskin (no joke). Lambskin may be for "fashion" jackets or gloves, but not for motorcycling - too soft.

Teknic makes a GREAT suit in their "Lightning" model. It's good 'ole cowhide and has features that are on higher priced suits from other brands. Bang for the buck...

Also, ditto on www.newenough.com...

ImolaFem
Wed Aug 20th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I was thinking about doing the Blaster series from Joe Rocket...as I don't do track days (yet) and get cold -- I like how the Blaster series has all the armor of my phoenix jacket, with a warm liner, and is two piece.

Are the other brands mentioned better?

IQ
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 09:27 PM
Todd at Cal Sportbike can hook you up on Tecknic for about 55% off retail. He currently has Venom 2 Pc: Retail $600, Sale $300. Tell him IQ from HSBN sent you.

Todd Robinson - sales@calsportbike.com

ImolaFem
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 09:29 PM
Thank you everyone who has responded. But I picked up the Blaster series from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse as the 2003 is on closeout and they have free shipping with the Joe Rocket stuff. Now i just have to wait 5-7 business days for it to arrive =/

Boots next!

Ripper
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 11:12 PM
8)

Carl
Sat Oct 25th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the steer to IXS. I just ordered the red Glory and a pair of gloves.

BlueDevil
Mon Oct 27th, 2003, 07:08 AM
www.newenough.com this place ROCKS!!! Great customer service, GREAT products, Great prices!!!!!

Ill agree. I got my Teknic here for 360.00. They have some left I believe for 319.00