PDA

View Full Version : CO Springs Hit & Run Driver Arrested

ndnbennyb
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
http://m.gazette.com/articles/arrest-119254-led-made.html

They caught him. Thank God. I hope they nuke his ass.

ChrisCBX
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Good news! I hope it really is the guy.

TransNone13
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Good

Vellos
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hope he gets it good.

rfranks303
Fri Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Glad to hear it.

Depths_of_Mind
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 07:11 AM
*LIKE*

Sarge
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
w00t

Ninja2
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Benny, thanks for the update. Happy to see this will get resolved in court. Of course, this still won't bring back Christopher, nor help the wounds heal of the injured. But hopefully it will bring some closure to family and friends.

bornwildnfree
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I'm glad they got the guy. I'm so sorry it happened and lots of love and prayers to you and the family

TransNone13
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Does anyone have any background info on the soldier?

Concabar
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Glad to hear they caught the SOB. RIP Christopher.

crypto0793
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Does anyone have any background info on the soldier?

He was my brtohers best friend i had rode with him the week before he died , his Name is Chris Wheeler and he is 19 from Boston he leaves behind a wife

TransNone13
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm an O with 1-4ID. I should be back in the states next week from the 'Stan and was just wondering what unit he was with. It's one thing when soldiers don't wear their gear and tool around on sport bikes, it's another when their loss is senseless.

Ninja2
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Acc'd to article he was in 4th Brigade Combat Team of the 4th Infantry Division. Sounds like your unit?

crypto0793
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'm an O with 1-4ID. I should be back in the states next week from the 'Stan and was just wondering what unit he was with. It's one thing when soldiers don't wear their gear and tool around on sport bikes, it's another when their loss is senseless.

4ID do you know a guy named Jerry Mcgahey?

Vellos
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Of course, this still won't bring back Christopher, nor help the wounds heal of the injured.

If he had insurance, which may be very unlikely since most people that don't try to flee, they would be covering the medical bills for the two he injured. Also some money to Christopher's family I believe, but this is still nothing compared to their loss.

fiveninerzero
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I hope they nuke his ass.

:hump:

crypto0793
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM
If he had insurance, which may be very unlikely since most people that don't try to flee, they would be covering the medical bills for the two he injured. Also some money to Christopher's family I believe, but this is still nothing compared to their loss.

His wife will get his SGLI life insurance which is 400k

aerofaze
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
So VERY glad to hear this! A few more details from News First 5 (KOAA) (http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/update-tip-came-from-news-first-5-viewer-resulting-in-arrest-of-hit-and-run-suspect/), although I'm uncertain if they spelled his last name correctly:

"News First 5 has just confirmed that the tip that led police to the suspect involved in the deadly hit and run accident that occurred on May 27th at Rangewood and Randall Drive, came from a News First 5 viewer. Following our report detailing the description of the suspect vehicle, our viewer who wishes to remain anonymous called Crime Stoppers and the Police non-emergency lines before calling News First 5.

"Acting on her tip our news team also contacted investigators with the Colorado Springs Police Deaprtment and officers were dispatched to the location of the vehicle based on the license number which was captured in the photographs above taken by our tipster. The suspect vehicle was found at an apartment complex near the intersection Woodmen and Rangewood.

"Officers were able to obtain a consent to search the vehicle owner's home and found damaged parts consistent with those described in the investigation. Shortly after officers went to the workplace of the suspect, Michael Wesley Coyner and took him into custody.

"Coyner is charged with Hit and Run as well as other traffic violations. News First 5 would like to thank the concerned viewer who called in and supplied the photographs of the suspect vehicle. It was their diligence that lead to the closure of this tragic case."

http://www.newsfirst5.com/images/news/2011-06-04/6-1-2011suspect-car-tip.jpg

Sarge
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hell yeah. It's always nice when these things work out in the end.

RIP Soldier

TransNone13
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Acc'd to article he was in 4th Brigade Combat Team of the 4th Infantry Division. Sounds like your unit?

I'm with 1-66AR/1-4ID, so no. Although, I do know some soldiers in that unit.

4ID do you know a guy named Jerry Mcgahey?

I don't think so?

I wonder if the driver was a soldier too. I'm guessing no if CoS cops were able to pick him up at work. I hope they throw the book at him. It makes me irate to think that the soldier probably deployed to and survived Iraq or Afghanistan to just get mowed down and then left for dead back in the States.

grim
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 10:15 PM
this is why it's important to always ride defensively and if you can ride with others who can watch your back ...I hope that ass gets what's coming to him they should let all the people in Colorado springs who have a motorcycle do burn outs on every limb on his body!!!