PDA

View Full Version : HPR July 4th

Valguard
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking about a half day morning session. Anyone else in?

TransNone13
Sat Jun 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Is it a full day that day?

Bueller
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Only if you pay for a full day.

TransNone13
Sun Jun 5th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Only if you pay for a full day.

Oh, thanks...

Valguard
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Myself and a friend will be going for a half day morning session for sure. Anyone else coming out?

TransNone13
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I will be going unless the rapture comes for real. Will probably go for the full day. (Read serious unplanned event.)

Bueller
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I will probably do the morning session.

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm considering it...or the FC 500...but I may not be back in town for either in time...

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Were any of you planning on doing the lapping card?

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM

What's the lapping card?

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 11:54 AM
What's the lapping card?

Its a 6 or 12 punch card that I have seen groups go in on. Brings the price down slightly. Not a whole lot, but a few $ saved is usually a good thing.

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Its a 6 or 12 punch card that I have seen groups go in on. Brings the price down slightly. Not a whole lot, but a few $ saved is usually a good thing.

Ahh, gotcha, I just found what you're talking about:
http://highplainsraceway.com/lapping-days-card.html

Full Days are usually $150
Half Days are usually $90

Three (3) Half Days of Lapping - $243.00
Three (3) Full Days of Lapping - $405.00
Six (6) Half Days of Lapping - $475.00
Six (6) Full Days of Lapping - $792.00
Four (4) Full Days AND Four (4) Half Days - $825.00
Twelve (12) Half Days - $900.00 (That's two Half Days for FREE!)
Twelve (12) Full Days - $1500.00 (That's two Full Days for FREE!)

So, I do see the discount you're talking about, and any $$ saved is always a plus...

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM

you buying in?

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:05 PM
you buying in?

mehbe..... you coming out to witness?

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I should be in for a half, maybe full day

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I should be in for a half, maybe full day

that would make 3 of us then. but if im riding your bike, what are you riding?!?

Bueller
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I still have a 1/2 day punch left, but if you get 12 in on it it is a 13% savings over pre-pegistration price and 20% off "day of" cost.

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I still have a 1/2 day punch left, but if you get 12 in on it it is a 13% savings over pre-pegistration price and 20% off "day of" cost.

In your experience, is it best to buy it online and get reimbursed by the others, or wait until day of when their cash is in your hand?

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM
that would make 3 of us then. but if im riding your bike, what are you riding?!?

your bike ;)

we could just switch off...

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
your bike ;)

we could just switch off...

I'm not sure the 750 is ready for me.

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
fair nuff...

Bueller
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
In your experience, is it best to buy it online and get reimbursed by the others, or wait until day of when their cash is in your hand?

You have to buy it ahead of time and the person who buys it owns it. I haven't had any issues with people flaking on me yet.

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM
If my cohort with the truck doesn't go on the 4th, and I do, then I would need a truck/trailer spot...

I'd prefer to do either the morning half or a full day, but not just an afternoon half...

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
If my cohort with the truck doesn't go on the 4th, and I do, then I would need a truck/trailer spot...

I'd prefer to do either the morning half or a full day, but not just an afternoon half...

We only have room for 2 :(

Looking at just the morning session at this point. Maybe a full day, but undecided.

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM
We only have room for 2 :(

Looking at just the morning session at this point. Maybe a full day, but undecided.

No worries.

Reyven
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
It looks like there are a few interested in 1/2 day and a few interested in full. Can I hear from both sides to try and get a better count and see which card may benefit us all the best?

Bueller
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I am thinking of getting a car port for shade for the day (no power), it is $25 for the whole day and can easily fit 3 bikes so if anyone wants a spot LMK. I will only be there for the morning session so $8.50 ea. if you do 1/2 day or full. The shade is definitely worth it not to have to mess with an Ez Up.

Ghost
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM
It looks like there are a few interested in 1/2 day and a few interested in full. Can I hear from both sides to try and get a better count and see which card may benefit us all the best?

I can't know until I get my ride situation sorted, so I'd say don't count on me until then.

I am thinking of getting a car port for shade for the day (no power), it is $25 for the whole day and can easily fit 3 bikes so if anyone wants a spot LMK. I will only be there for the morning session so $8.50 ea. if you do 1/2 day or full. The shade is definitely worth it not to have to mess with an Ez Up.

And they don't blow away in HPR's gale force winds...plus it's super close to the track entrance/exit for the lazy...

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM

mehbeh...but you'll have to listen to my gennie ;)

Bueller
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You don't need tire warmers for a track day :)

I wanted the pwr last time mostly for the toyhauler, we can stick the gennies in front of the tow vehicles

Valguard
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Sweet. Glad some peeps are going. Ill totally buy in on a lap card slot. Ill be going for a half day morning session for sure.

I don't suppose anyone has leathers and boots for a guy that is a little over 5 foot? Maybe a size 8.5 or 9 shoe? I have a friend that is interested in coming, but has nothing.

Reyven
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:17 AM

What are the chances of getting 4 under there?

Bueller
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:21 AM
It is possible but kind of tight. If it is just bikes it is easily doable but tools and other accouterments would make it crowded.

Reyven
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:37 AM
It is possible but kind of tight. If it is just bikes it is easily doable but tools and other accouterments would make it crowded.

Ok, let me know if you think thats an option. The pair of us have shared tools and whatnots, and would mostly be kept in the car until needed.

Ghost
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
No update on my potential ride, so...we'll see...

Valguard
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Get that guy to go and give you some space on his trailer!

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Get that guy to go and give you some space on his trailer!

Lol, trying...

Valguard
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I would get a bigger trailer for the Subi, but its going to have enough fun with two. If my guy bails though, Ill let ya know.

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I would get a bigger trailer for the Subi, but its going to have enough fun with two. If my guy bails though, Ill let ya know.

Sweet/Cool/Thanks! :)

Ghost
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Looks like I will (probably) be at PMP the 8th...but (probably) no ride for the 4th...

Will update if this changes...

TransNone13
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Ghost do you need a hand or some parts? I usually have useful things lying around ;).

EDIT: And I do in fact, I owned a 2008 600RR before the 1000RR. So I have parts and tools...

Bueller
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ok, 1 spot left in a car port to share with 3 others, we will have power turned on so no need for a gennie to run warmers. I am only doing half day so after lunch it'll get roomier :)

The cost is $15

No douches! We've got enough already :lol:

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Ghost do you need a hand or some parts? I usually have useful things lying around ;).

EDIT: And I do in fact, I owned a 2008 600RR before the 1000RR. So I have parts and tools...

Unless something changes/opens up then it's looking like I won't be able to get out there for the 4th (unless I ride it out, which I'm not comfortable doing in case there's an "oops" and I break Rule #1), but thanks for the offer :D

As to parts and tools...I've got steel braided lines I need to put on, and I need to get a new pin for my front Pit Bull (since it's still sized for the F4) but otherwise...I dunno, I can't think of anything off hand or at the moment...

Thanks again though!

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Well, I've done lines on my 1KRR (have bleeding tools) before and I have a truck and trailer. You pay for gas and I'll drive you. I haven't anything better to do.

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well, I've done lines on my 1KRR (have bleeding tools) before and I have a truck and trailer. You pay for gas and I'll drive you. I haven't anything better to do.

Hmm, that is very tempting, but you're not riding? And you're still willing to go sit in 900-degree heat and fry all day?

Let me give my friend one last shot, but if he's definitely out then I may very well take you up on your most generous offer--I should know by tonight or at the latest, by tomorrow. I'll see if I can borrow his EZ-Up too.

I've got the lines and fluid sitting in my garage, but while I'd like to mount them, they're not a necessity if there's no time between now & then...

Either way, Thanks (a lot) for the offer!

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Well, I just got back from Afghanistan so the heat doesn't bother me quite yet. And I wouldn't mind watching and reminding myself why it sucks to crash European bikes. We could do your lines tomorrow. That's my fix-my-cbr marathon. Why not add another?

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Well, I just got back from Afghanistan so the heat doesn't bother me quite yet. And I wouldn't mind watching and reminding myself why it sucks to crash European bikes.

Lol, it sucks to crash ANY bike...but I can only assume it sucks more the more exotic they are. Luckily for me, all of mine have only been Hondas ;)

Cool about the lines, I may take you up on that as well, I've got a B-day thing to go to, but I can probably work around it...

If you want to, you can PM me your addy, or we can could use my garage, whichever is easier...and I'll also find out when I'm supposed to be at the birthday thing and see about working around it...

Matrix
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Giving this serious thought. Will lock it in tomorrow if it its still open.

Ok, 1 spot left in a car port to share with 3 others, we will have power turned on so no need for a gennie to run warmers. I am only doing half day so after lunch it'll get roomier :)

The cost is $15

Ghost
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Not going to make it, too much going on, BE SAFE & HAVE FUN!

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 05:49 PM

The cost is $15

Bumpity---- shade and electric!

Matrix
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Bumpity---- shade and electric!

Sorry Bueller I am out. Have fun! (I am jealous)

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear, maybe next time.

Valguard
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Alright I will most def be there. Just bought my ticket. Got the bikes loaded and everything.

Only thing is... my brakes suck! Will someone please, PLEASE, help me bleed my brake lines!? I have half a bottle of fluid left, a little bleeder pump, and tons of tools. I have concluded that I just suck at bleeding lines because my lever is still really squishy. So, any experts out there, your help would be MUCH appreciated! I'm begging here!

BadR6Man
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
Can I register and pay at the track?

Last minute decision to join you all in the fun.

I can help you bleed your brakes at the track in the am. Look for me with a red R6 and FJ1200 in the pits.

See yall in the am.

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Can I register and pay at the track?

Last minute decision to join you all in the fun.

I can help you bleed your brakes at the track in the am. Look for me with a red R6 and FJ1200 in the pits.

See yall in the am.

You can register and pay online before midnight.

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
You can pay at the track but it is $10 more.

Valguard
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Woo! Thanks. Ill look for ya out there. Ill be in a red subi outback with a u-haul trailer accompanied with a blue/black GSXR 600 and a blue R1 with a blue canopy. Everyone feel free to stop by! Also, I will do my absolute best to stay out of peoples way on the track. I'm pretty slow and Ill be even slower if my brakes don't get any better.

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Doesn't matter if you are slow at the track. Just hold ze line!

BadR6Man
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
What a hot day. Paid and planned on riding the whole day but the heat got to me early and packed up and left at 2. Who is going to bringing A/C to Pueblo next weekend?

Glad to see no crashes and had fun with everyone. I hope I helped the few peeps in the am with the race lines.

Bueller
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yep I was happy to be packed up by noon and enjoying the AC on the ride home.
Started out as one of those anything that can go wrong........days with leaving my stands @ home, to breaking my 20 year old hand pump and letting all the pressure out of my rear.

Borrowed some air and leaned the bike against the truck all day with no warmers but I took 2.6 seconds off of my previous fastest race time.

fe911
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I was thinking all day at work that man I'm glad that I'm not in the oven wearing twenty pounds of gear on a day like today! But i was only kidding myself. See everyone on the eighteenth!

OUTLAWD
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Borrowed some air and leaned the bike against the truck all day with no warmers but I took 2.6 seconds off of my previous fastest race time.

you def looked quicker man...I'll send you any pics that turned out OK

Bueller
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Cool thanks, Renata said you were shooting in 2, that's one of the corners I was concentrating on carrying more speed in.

Valguard
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Yea that was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who helped with my bad brake. Hopefully I will get all that sorted out before the next one. Thinking about going again August 8th or 26th for another half day.