PDA

View Full Version : DRZ 400s & Sumos at IMI July 24

martincjm
Mon Jun 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Rocky Mountain Mini Moto hosted its first combined class on Sunday and had a great turnout.
All DRZ400s with stock displacement are welcome, as are 250 Sumos, Ninja 250s and similar 250s. Price will be under $60.
Practice, Heat race, 2 points races.
4 races in series with trophies at final race.
Dates-

July 24
Aug 7
Sept 11

Email questions
Admin@rmminimoto.com

Good times guaranteed!
Chris

coax
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
The racing turned out great! I really had a good time watching the 250s, since it was something new and the competition in that class was pretty stiff.

In F1, Jason M. continued to dominate. Mike K. and Chris M. secured the final podium spots with 2nd and 3rd respectively. Good riding guys.

In F3, it was Jason M. again with Brad H. putting in two spirited rides for 2nd. Roy E. and Chris M. split 3rd place between two motos. This class had the best battles of the day all throughout the pack! Youngster Adam Wells almost snuck in there for a podium slot twice.

In F5, Jason M. and Brad H. split the wins. It was was Brad's first motorcycle win ever. Congratulations Brad! Roy E. knocked out a 2nd and a third, while rebounding successfully from a blown engine at the season opener.

In the 17inch class, Jason A. put on a riding clinic with a perfectly tuned bike to post wins in both motos (okay, we won't make you do 30 minutes of practice before the next race LOL). D Mob turned in two great rides for 2nd, while keeping Jason A. honest for most of the second moto. David K. and Tally L split 3rd places. I hope Tally gets his Checa-like bike failures taken care of before the next one. Big thanks go out to the guys that rode the 17inch class and made it a success! We really wanted this to be a go, because we would like it to be a class for folks looking for a transition class, extra practice with fast guys, and still be fun for a big bike on a kart track. Our hope is that we start bringing up the future Benny Solis, Elena Meyers, Tommy Aquinos, Josh Herrins and so forth from minis to big bikes. Colorado has a lot of talented young riders and we need places to groom our youg'uns, keep the motorcycle racing going with new blood, and put Colorado on the map for places to visit and race!

Bueller
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I had a great time and will surely be back! The 17" class was a bit slow at the pre registration but the final grids was very encouraging with the addition of the DRZ crowd and the walkups. I would encourage the other DRZ's out there that were thinking about it to come out next time and definitely need more ninjas. This is a complete kick in the pants and you will be dicing out there, just try not to get lapped by Archie :lol:

pauliep
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Fun x6

coax
Wed Jun 8th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Good times for sure!