PDA

View Full Version : Galfer Vs. Goodridge Brake Lines?

Ghost
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My last bike (99 F4) had Galfers, and at that time they were pretty much *the* brake lines to get. Now they come in a wider variety of models than 10 years ago, and I've heard lots of good things about Goodridge lines as well.

Any experiences or suggestions with either?

Bike: 2009 CBR600RR
Use: Canyons & Trackdays (HPR & PMI)

CaneZach
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I have Galfers on my racebike and Goodridge on my street bike. Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Find the one that is the least expensive and enjoy.

birchyboy
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I recently went with HEL lines from http://www.mopowersports.com/

Great product/vendor and didn't charge extra for colors. I went with black on black.

Sean
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I had Galfer's on my 01 R6. I did street and track days. They worked great. I think I bought them from JPLRacing (on the board)?

CaneZach
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I had Galfer's on my 01 R6. I did street and track days. They worked great. I think I bought them from JPLRacing (on the board)?

Drop Joe (JPLracing) a PM. He can get you Galfers and he's a top notch guy!

Ricky
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I did the HEL lines on my bike, and am very happy with them. Had them on the bike for about a year and a half now, and no sign of any deterioration. Good colors too.

birchyboy
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Mine are too new to judge the longevity but I've been happy with the upgrade from the stock rubber lines. Mine were a custom length, which they cut wrong when building them, so they threw in a rear line as well when the redid them.

Ghost
Tue Jun 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks again guys. I was feeling overwhelmed by the choices, and didn't know if there really was a difference--I just want my sponge-rubber lines gone.

Drop Joe (JPLracing) a PM. He can get you Galfers and he's a top notch guy!

Yeah, I know Joe from my days at Fay, I'll drop him a PM and see what he's got.

I was kinda thinking I'd go with Galfer since I had them before, but some of the Goodridge "shadow" or w/e they are black-on-black lines looked kinda cool...

I hadn't heard of HEL before