PDA

View Full Version : Headlight issues

konaman
Wed Jun 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
So a few months back my headlights just quit working. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine. I had my bike torn down and my buddy and I started trying to work the headlight problem. We used a voltage meter, everything was fine all the way to the gauge cluster. I think that something is wrong with my cluster, this is not the first time that I have had a problem with it. When I bought the bike the right turn signal indicator did not work, also my fuel gauge just bounced up and down and never gave a good reading. Now when we put the bike back together and powered up, the cluster had some how corrected whatever the issue was with the turn signal and the fuel gauge as they both work fine now. But the headlights still aren't good. We had to run a toggle switch and a hot line off another wire in my system to make the lights work temporarily. If anyone has any electrical knowledge that would be great. Sorry if this was a bit confusing.

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Jun 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a bad/disconnected ground. Assuming you have a wiring diagram, you should be able to verify all the grounds have continuity to each other and the main chassis ground.
:dunno:

konaman
Wed Jun 8th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I don't know if it would be a bad ground but it could be. I will download the wiring diagram, I think that it is something to do with gauge cluster.