PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rider

Toner
Thu Jun 9th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Learned yesterday that a friend fell victim to another left-hand turner.

The accident was out of state, but the circumstances were similar to those we see all too frequently.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/-91933--.html

He grew up in Castle Rock and served his country as a Marine. RIP Diamond.

Be safe out there.

~Barn~
Thu Jun 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Godspeed Diamond. =\

LivingPools
Thu Jun 9th, 2011, 11:27 PM
RIP rider :(

Concabar
Thu Jun 9th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear. RIP Rider

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Very sorry to hear that. Condolences to family and friends. RIP, rider.:(

cptschlongenheimer
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Another?!
Damn.
RIP

dirkterrell
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Very sorry to hear this about your friend and our fellow rider. Something in the news story is something we all need to be aware of:

Motorists in the inside southeast lane had stopped to allow Riley to turn into the Navy Federal (https://www.navyfederal.org/) Credit Union but when she did she struck Bruno who was traveling in the outside southeast lane, Oglesby said.

A rider in that situation likely would be hard to see from the left-turner's perspective. Keep this in mind if you find yourself approaching an intersection in the same circumstances. The person turning left shouldn't proceed in this situation until they can see for sure that the other lane is clear but clearly they do not do that. Be prepared.

RIP Diamond.

Toner
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Very sorry to hear this about your friend and our fellow rider. Something in the news story is something we all need to be aware of:

A rider in that situation likely would be hard to see from the left-turner's perspective. Keep this in mind if you find yourself approaching an intersection in the same circumstances...

Good point. I don't know any further details, but it sounded like a bad situation by all parties from the get go.

An intersting aspect in reading the story responses, sounds as though in some states the driver that stopped and waved the oncoming car through would face some liability as well. I wonder if that's the case in Colorado?

I'm astonished from another of the comments stating that the accident must have been the fault of the motorcycle rider because "he hit the car", not the fault of the car that cut him off. That statement says volumes about some of the people we share the road with.

dirkterrell
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I'm astonished from another of the comments stating that the accident must have been the fault of the motorcycle rider because "he hit the car", not the fault of the car that cut him off.

Well, that's a pretty stupid comment on their part. It was definitely the car driver's fault for failure to yield. But we motorcyclists can't go on who's right and wrong when it comes to a car-bike impact. Our thinking has to be "what if there is someone waiting to turn left and they don't see me?" and be prepared to yield, even though we have the right of way. To stay alive riding on the street, you have to either be very, very lucky or be active in recognizing and mitigating the situations where bad decisions made by others can harm you.

Again, my condolences on the loss of your friend. I have felt that kind of loss myself.

Think
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Not sure why you would let someone turn in front of you when there are two lanes in your direction... I don't see much logic in that.

Sucks big time. RIP Diamond.

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:50 AM
another one me and slo and some other riders rode past this one cops where everyone in the city

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/205236/346/Man-killed-in-motorcycle-accident

Drift
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Semper Fidelis Staff Sgt. Diamond Bruno...RIP

madvlad
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Rip :(...

rfranks303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Rip to all fallen riders

bornwildnfree
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM
RIP rider and thoughts and prayers to his family.

VFR
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Sorry for your lose...RIP Rider!

Concabar
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM
RIP Diamond. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Vellos
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me stay away from riding in Denver and all busy four or more lane city streets. You can kill someone and maybe get two months jail time and around a year off your license. The innocent person is DEAD, but the offender can be driving again in just over a year. What the f---? How do they not permanently ban these people from driving if they murdered someone doing it? It's not like jail time will make them better drivers, these people are just plain stupid and will always be dangerous behind the wheel, they should be denied the freedom to drive if they have denied an innocent person the freedom to live.

RIP.