PDA

View Full Version : Got Gear? Chicane 6/26 @ HPR

Sean
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Usually, we get a thread going for people who need to borrow gear to get on the track. A lot of us want to do a track day, but are missing one or two items necessary to meet the requirements. Lucky for us, the people of the CSC not only kick ass, but usually have tons of extra gear lying around, that they are willing to lend out for the day.

How it works:
1. Review the requirements for riding at a track day. ->Click here (http://chicanetrackdays.com/how.html)<-
2. Figure out what you don't have and post up in this thread. Tell people exactly what you are looking for, and what size. If you don't know the size, give approximate body dimensions.
3. Coordinate with the person to pick up the gear
4. Have the best day of your life at the track
5. Return the borrowed equipment. Usually within a week.

Most people will lend out gear at no charge. It never hurts to offer a favor, cup of coffee or a beer, at the next event, to show appreciation. If you crash in someone else's gear, get it fixed or replace it. You are responsible. If you choose to screw someone over, we will all take it personally and you will have a few hundred sportbikers that are not your friends anymore.

This thread also applies to needing a spot in a trailer to get out there.

So feel free to post up what you need to borrow, or what you have to loan.

Thanks everybody! And have a great trackday!!!!!

Sean
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Here's what I have to loan out:
boots- size 46, 11.5
gantlet gloves- XL

already spoken for:
Leathers
men's back protector
woman's back protector

bodhizafa
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I think I sold all my stuff.

Are you gonna get the KTM pig out there?

InlineSIX24
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sean- PM Sent

Sean
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Are you gonna get the KTM pig out there?
I would love to know how a 500lb bike feels, breaking into t.4 with, a TKC80 on the front! :shocked:

At least I would have no issues blowing a corner. I could just roll over the hill from t.4-6! :lol:

Sean- PM Sent:up:

asp_125
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Since Rybo may be out of suits on account of his trailer being stolen.

2Pc Tecknic suit. Sz US40 / EU 50. Older suit so you will look like a red power ranger, unvented so you will be a hot power ranger. Will bring to track if someone needs one.

bodhizafa
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I would love to know how a 500lb bike feels, breaking into t.4 with, a TKC80 on the front! :shocked:

At least I would have no issues blowing a corner. I could just roll over the hill from t.4-6! :lol:
:up:

I took the TKC's off the GS for now, got the street tires back on :think:

Ghost
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM
This thread also applies to needing a spot in a trailer to get out there.

I might need 1 or 2 spots in a trailer...one for me & one of my friends if they go.

We're still looking at other possibilities, but figured I post up now instead of being screwed later if we have no other options...

Spiderman
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Since Rybo may be out of suits on account of his trailer being stolen.

I can offer up:
- my old leathers (size 46) - vented 8)
- boots (size 44/10) - 3 pairs available (1 pair has velcro issues, another is almost worn thru the soles)
- back protector (standard Teknic)
- gauntlet gloves (XL) - 2 pairs available

Sean
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
My post is updated. This stuff is going faster then Rogain at a Michael Bolton concert. :hump:

Anybody got a spot or two in a trailer for Ghost?

asp_125
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Looking for a spot on a trailer (Parker/H-Ranch area) for a friend.

RedheadRider
Fri Jun 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Spiderman, PM sent regarding leathers and back protector.
I had not heard Rybo had his trailer stolen. WEAK! I was planning to borrow from him...

I'm looking for a trailer spot, I'm down in Parker.

Sean
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
FYI:
For people looking for spots in trailers, I've heard in the past that U-Haul has some trailers that you can load bikes into. If you have something to tow a trailer with, all you have to do is pick up some tie downs (Home Depot has some affordable ones) and rent the trailer for the day.

Vellos
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I have A* SMX Plus boots in 45 EU 10 1/2 US that I won't be using that day, assuming I get to fill a corner worker position.

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Bump!

Everybody have their gear? Anybody have room in a trailer or truck for some of these fine young lads? You can always make the passenger bring sammich's. :drool:

SaShWhO
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
good on you Sean for doing this again.

I have a back protector and a 10X10 EZ up for the cause.

Aracheon
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I might need 1 or 2 spots in a trailer...one for me & one of my friends if they go.

We're still looking at other possibilities, but figured I post up now instead of being screwed later if we have no other options...

Check your txts. I can probably help you out.

Ghost
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Check your txts. I can probably help you out.

thank you sir! ;)

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Might end up needing some A-Stars pants (need to be able to zip into my jacket), size 48 or 50 will work. Prefer a 50. Yes, I'm a fatty! :cry:

asp_125
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Might end up needing some A-Stars pants (need to be able to zip into my jacket), size 48 or 50 will work. Prefer a 50. Yes, I'm a fatty! :cry:

On the other side of the lens this time? :up:

Vellos
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM

I got size 32. :dunno:

Yes, I put bulimic girls to shame. :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
On the other side of the lens this time? :up:
Both, hopefully. But just for a couple sessions. :D

I got size 32. :dunno:

Yes, I put bulimic girls to shame. :lol:
:lol: I don't think both of those legs put together would fit one of my legs.

Sean
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Might end up needing some A-Stars pants (need to be able to zip into my jacket), size 48 or 50 will work. Prefer a 50. Yes, I'm a fatty! :cry:Would you be open to just a 1 pc? A 1 pc might be easier to find than just the pants. What are you, 6'1", 215/220lbs? I'm trying to think of who's around your size....:think:

If we don't get any bites here, maybe post up on the MRA board since you know a lot of those guys too. :dunno:

Mother Goose
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah, 1 piece would work too. I'm 6'2" 230lbs. :shock: I can fit into a 48, but more comfy in a 50 w/ my wide shoulders.

Sean
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Just over one week away!

Do you have everything you need? Don't forget to help out your fellow CSC'ers!!!

Matrix
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I have a pair of leather pants that can zip into a A* jacket if anyone needs them. Will fit a 32-34 inch gut line.

Aston
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I have some stuff if anyone needs anything...

Back protector, Dainese, waist strap altered to fit skinny dudes, no shoulder straps, but my leathers tend to keep it where it needs to be

Back protector, Knox Contour w/ matching chest protector, race version, large

Teknic gauntlet gloves, medium, beat to shit but still functional

Prexport boots, 45EU, got sliders all over the place but no real ankle support

Leathers, Berik "MotoGP," 1pc, cowhide, 42

Leathers, Spidi, 2pc, cowhide, 42, hole worn through the first layer of leather on the right side ass cheek. You want to borrow these, you might want to look into having them patched first. I'd be more than happy to split the cost of repairs w/ you.

I'm 6' tall, 165lbs. The Berik suit fits me like a glove. If you're much heavier than I am, the Berik suit will not work for you. The Spidi is a bit bigger.

I also have tie-downs and canyon dancers if you need them.

I WILL NOT take and send pictures of any of this stuff to you. First come first serve. I'm in Fountain, CO.

PM or decode my cell # and call/text: too zilch Juan zilch Juan Juan zilch.

eg bter
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Since I am not riding I will offer up my gear.

Size 42 Sidi's (size 9ish)
Large Teknic back protector
Joe Rocket 2 piece suit (I am 5'9 190lb)

RedheadRider
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Still looking for a spot on a trailer, I'm willing to pay in beer, whiskey or tequila. ;) I'm down in Parker.

WingZero992
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Hey, I'm still looking for a back protector for this weekend. I'm 5'4" so probably a smaller one, but whatever works. Thanks!

Sean
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Monday bump!
It's this weekend folks, time to finalize the details and hit the track. :up:

Looks like we still need:
1. a trailer spot in Parker for Redheadrider
2. size 48-50 pants or leathers for Mother Goose
3. small(er) back protector for WingZero

If you can help any of these people out, shoot them a pm.

rybo
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Also needed for a non-csc person

A ride for a bike from Fort Collins.

I was going to bring his bike in my trailer, but, well, yeah - I don't have a trailer anymore.

Please PM me if you can provide a space for a bike. I'll get his contact info to you.

s

asp_125
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Monday bump!
It's this weekend folks, time to finalize the details and hit the track. :up:

Looks like we still need:
1. a trailer spot in Parker for Redheadrider
2. size 48-50 pants or leathers for Mother Goose
3. small(er) back protector for WingZero

If you can help any of these people out, shoot them a pm.

1: Trailer or pickup bed?

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hey, I'm still looking for a back protector for this weekend. I'm 5'4" so probably a smaller one, but whatever works. Thanks!

my roommate has one I can grab, since he'll be out of town, I think its a forcefield size small

Ninja2
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
my roommate has one I can grab, since he'll be out of town
:think:

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
:think:

am I missing something?

Ninja2
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
am I missing something?
If you're just taking your roomates gear, yes! ;)

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM
If you're just taking your roomates gear, yes! ;)

I asked him, he's cool with it. and he's small, so it should work. ;)

Reyven
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I asked him, he's cool with it. and he's small, so it should work. ;)

Aside from posting it publicly, he would never have missed it :devious:

Foolds
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Aside from posting it publicly, he would never have missed it :devious:

Hey thats dishonest and not nice! =)

Reyven
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hey thats dishonest and not nice! =)

Not if it gets put back :angel:

Young Luke
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I have the following loaners if anyone needs them. I'll have it all at the track:

Sidi vertebra boots: 8/42
Astars jacket: 44/54
Astars track pants(zip to Astars jacket): 38/54
Large 661 back protector.

WingZero992
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks Dave!

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks Dave!

just remind me or chances are I'll forget it...;)

Sean
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 07:38 AM
just remind me or chances are I'll forget it...;)Make sure you call him, and not text him....:slappers:

OUTLAWD
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Make sure you call him, and not text him....:slappers:

:321:

Sean
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Just a few days left! Get some!

Wicky, did you see Young Luke's post? Sounds like they might work?

TransNone13
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I just realized my knee pucks are toast. Does anyone have a spare set they are willing to part with/sell?

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
I just realized my knee pucks are toast. Does anyone have a spare set they are willing to part with/sell?

I have a set of Komodo brand. I think they are specifically for a Komodo suit since the curvature to the puck is pretty aggressive, but you are welcome to give them a shot.

TransNone13
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
They're for an A* suit. I assume you'll be out there?

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Not unless $200 magically appears out of nowhere and my 929 puts itself back together.

TransNone13
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Lol, you never know.

asp_125
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Not unless $200 magically appears out of nowhere and my 929 puts itself back together.

.. 'tard it! :lol:

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
.. 'tard it! :lol:

Not sure I feel like getting buzzed on the back straight all day at 100+mph differentials :lol:

At that point, I might as well take the mini out.

Bueller
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
ride a 250, you get used to it.

Graphite675
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM

I have a spare set of new Chicken Hawk pucks in my trailer. I'll have them with me at the track if you don't find something before that.

TransNone13
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you, I'm going to check out some shops, and see if anyone in CoS stocks them. I never really looked, but I didn't see them either in passing. Will get back to you by the end of the day. This wouldn't have been an issue if my new gear got here in time :(.

Graphite675
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thank you, I'm going to check out some shops, and see if anyone in CoS stocks them. I never really looked, but I didn't see them either in passing.

I can't recall seeing them any where here in town but you might get lucky? I'm in the springs also so if you want to look at them before Sunday let me know.
I bought a new set a couple of months ago not realizing I already had a spare set in my trailer? :roll: (Alzheimers kicking in)

TransNone13
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Time and place if I need to swing by? (via PM)

Graphite675
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Time and place if I need to swing by? (via PM)

Just sent you a PM

fe911
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I've got a bunch of extra gear, and a space on the trailer for anyone close to n/w Denver, sorry, I'm not driving to Parker. Boots, size nine, suits size 44/54,helmets med/large, gloves largish. Alpine stars back protector. You can call me at 3038839272' Ed .

RedheadRider
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 12:52 AM
1: Trailer or pickup bed?
I ain't picky, looks like I'm riding to the track at this point.

Sean
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I've got a bunch of extra gear, and a space on the trailer for anyone close to n/w Denver, sorry, I'm not driving to Parker. Boots, size nine, suits size 44/54,helmets med/large, gloves largish. Alpine stars back protector. You can call me at 3038839272' Ed .Wow! Good to see you still on here Ed.

Ed is actually the reason I do these kinds of threads. He may not remember, but about four years ago I was going to take the T3RG class, Total Control, but was almost not able to do it because I didn't have the proper gear. I posted up a help thread and Ed and DenverBusa hooked me up with the gear to make the class happen. We had never met and I was still pretty new to the boards. I've always thought it was a cool thing, helping people you don't know. So I've tried to carry on the tradition. Thanks again Ed for letting me borrow that gear. :up:

Tim K
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I need a back protector for a friend who is coming for the first time. He's a big guy, 5'11", 210#.

rybo
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Tim,

He can use mine

Scott

Tim K
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Tim,

He can use mine

Scott

You da man!

Also, I have an extra EZ-Up. If you borrow it and the wind turns it into a pretzel (again), you own it. If anyone wants it, PM me.