PDA

View Full Version : Crash in Deer Creek Canyon?

Geology Rocks
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I was cruising up deer creek and took the left half way up to the upper canyon. Part way up the canyon the Inter Canyon fire dept was up there with their high angle team. I couldnt tell if it was a motorcycle or a bicycle over the edge, but the ambulance took off in a hurry shortly after.

anyone know anything? Hope everyone was OK.

joe

Geology Rocks
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM
cyclist...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/11/cyclist-falls-100-feet-during-group-ride/

Vellos
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Same road Swift and I stopped on (Pleasant Park) and we were watching some cyclists haul balls down that thin part. Also looked over the edge and was like :scream2:, we saw some remnants of an old car wreck too. Conclusion: not surprised.

Finklestein87
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Conclusion illusion so clear like resolution

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Am I so wrong for laughing out loud once I read that it was a cyclist?

Swift
Sat Jun 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I'm not surprised. People thought they were Lance Armstrong when they were passing Vellos and myself. Shitty way to learn a valuable lesson but maybe that's the only way it'll sink in.

Ted
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 02:44 AM
^ ...Cyclists were passing you guys ?????

PunyJuney
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'm not surprised. People thought they were Lance Armstrong when they were passing Vellos and myself. Shitty way to learn a valuable lesson but maybe that's the only way it'll sink in.

Bicycles in canyons need license plates! They already own the roads after all, now it's time to kick and help pay for them like the rest of us.

Vellos
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
^ ...Cyclists were passing you guys ?????

We were pulled over. :bananna:

Ghost
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Bicycles in canyons need license plates! They already own the roads after all, now it's time to kick and help pay for them like the rest of us.

+1

Pay or GTF out of the way...

Bueller
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Am I so wrong for laughing out loud once I read that it was a cyclist?

Not if you take into account the satisfaction that many of them take in seeing a sportbike splattered on a guard rail. Only thing is we usually provide more entertainment.

asp_125
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
:horse: They're like anyone using the canyons, if you can't handle it, stay out. I have no problems with them if they can descend; bet most of them corner better than a lot of the leather vest land barge crowd coming back down from a couple of beers.

brennahm
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Article says the guy's tire went flat. IF that's the case, I'm sure the guy's in much better shape than any of us would be if we had a blowout. Shit happens, there a lot of folks who would be amiss to say "that guy can't ride".

I would probably chuckle that a guy pushing the envelope got bit...but I'd do the same for any motorist of any vehicle...

Sean
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM
As a motorcyclist, and as a bicyclist, I hope they have a full and speedy recovery. That's a hard crash, no matter what the mode of transportation.

Slo
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I have my opinions about "some" of the cyclists.....just as they have for us sportbikers out there in the canyons.... However, I never like seeing people get hurt, hoping for a quick recovery for this person, whomever it was.

GuitarX
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I'm with Sean and Slo. I never like to see anyone get hurt. Best wishes to the rider...

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hey, I'm not all giddy about the guy getting injured...but if they wanna be treated like big boys then they're gonna fall down and go boom like big boys--except that they're not...they're on a flippin' pedal bike that MIGHT go the speed limit downhill with a tailwind taking up space on roads designed for motorized vehicles and causing nothing but headaches for said motorized vehicles (be it cage or bike).

So one of 'em gets a flat and next thing they know they're falling down the mountain. Sue me...but I think it's funny. =)

**This was aimed at no one in particular...nothin' but love for most everyone here =P**

brennahm
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I love all these people that think non-motorized transportation has no place on public roads...:roll:

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Those bikes are pretty fast downhill but they are never wearing full leathers of DOT FF helmets. Squids? You decide ;)

Yeah, speedy recovery and all that. It won't change the fact that all my close calls lately have been due to an oncoming car giving a cyclist an 8' berth when 3' is all that's needed or required by law.

Racz
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM
That's definitely some scary shit. That drop was huge, best wishes for the cyclist.

Vellos
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yep, for all those who haven't been up that part of Deer Creek you wouldn't think it was funny once you saw how dangerous that drop is. I'll be riding it tomorrow morning (:turtle:).

AOK303
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:37 AM
they said on 9new that the cyclist died today from his injurys

Swift
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Holy shit balls...

To the new guys that are reading this thread that haven't been on that road yet, I hope all of you don't press your luck there and use good judgement. This mother still gives me a good scare even in my car every once in a while.

Vellos
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:55 AM
they said on 9new that the cyclist died today from his injurys

I can only find something on a different cyclist that died.

AOK303
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:21 AM
there was two articles on cyclist that died

mtnairlover
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Putting it into perspective...

A member here (sky_blue) rode her RR alongside a cycle race (as a guide) in North Ft. Collins a couple years back...up Rist Canyon and back. She said coming down, they got up to 60mph which was just a tad more than she was comfortable with on that road. Speaking from experience, you can dislocate a shoulder if you hit the pavement just right, even wearing all the right gear going 30mph. Now, take away all the gear and double the speed. A body flying off any vehicle doing 60 is going to be damaged pretty severely once it hits earth.

I feel badly for the person who lost their life and family and friends. God speed.

Slo
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:12 AM
NM

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Peddle Power FTMFW! :twisted:

Vellos
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
there was two articles on cyclist that died

Link? Still can't find it, I'm thinking he's not dead.

Darth Do'Urden
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I love all these people that think non-motorized transportation has no place on public roads...:roll:

If there are specified "bike lanes" on the road, then I have absolutely no problem with them being on those public roads. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a huge safety hazard for all parties involved. Has nothing to do with riding like a jackass or any other such nonsense, it has to do with actual safety. It's just as unsafe for a vehicle (of any kind) to be going too SLOW as it is for going too fast. When one is travelling on "public roads" there is an expectation of certain speeds (with conditions being factored in). In the canyons it often has little to do with posted speed limits, though it's generally a decent rule of thumb. Come up on a vehicle (with a very narrow shoulder, if one at all) that's going considerably slower than what is generally expected and dangers start to rear their ugly heads in all shapes and sizes. Bicycles exponentially compound this problematic equation by being exceptionally slow 95% of the time in comparison to surrounding motorized vehicles. There's a reason that bicycles aren't legal on interstates--they're too damn slow, thereby posing a significant safety hazard! And even though speeds are much slower in the canyons, the hazards are no less so.

When there's biking events they should close off certain parts of the canyon(s) and make sure that all of the inroads are marked as such WELL BEFORE GETTING DEEP INTO SAID EVENT TERRITORY.

Now I'm not from around here...only been in CO for about 5-6 months. I've never lived in a state where cycling is so prevalent, so I'm admittedly unaccustomed to their presence. But I nonetheless find it utterly baffling why they are afforded so many accomodations on roads that are BUILT FOR MOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION. It's not elitest, it's just damn common sense. Other states I've been in have BIKE LANES where cycling is more common, yet I've seen no such thing here where cycling is INSANE.

I'm all about sharing the road in a fair manner...but it's not. Bikes are afforded all the privileges of motorized vehicles, yet are suddenly pedestrians when it suits their convenience at stop lights. And they run stop signs like they're not even there because it's a MAJOR inconvenience for them to have to come to a complete stop and then start friggin' pedaling again (aren't they cycling for exercise anyway?). I get charged a registration, license fee, and damn ROAD TAX for my motorcycle even though I already paid all that for my wife's car, yet cyclists are totally exempt from any of this. Again, all the priveleges without any of the responsibility.

Now all that venting aside...I really do hope the cyclist that went over is alive and on his/her way to a full recovery.

brennahm
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
If there are specified "bike lanes" on the road, then I have absolutely no problem with them being on those public roads. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a huge safety hazard for all parties involved. Has nothing to do with riding like a jackass or any other such nonsense, it has to do with actual safety. It's just as unsafe for a vehicle (of any kind) to be going too SLOW as it is for going too fast. When one is travelling on "public roads" there is an expectation of certain speeds (with conditions being factored in). In the canyons it often has little to do with posted speed limits, though it's generally a decent rule of thumb. Come up on a vehicle (with a very narrow shoulder, if one at all) that's going considerably slower than what is generally expected and dangers start to rear their ugly heads in all shapes and sizes. Bicycles exponentially compound this problematic equation by being exceptionally slow 95% of the time in comparison to surrounding motorized vehicles. There's a reason that bicycles aren't legal on interstates--they're too damn slow, thereby posing a significant safety hazard! And even though speeds are much slower in the canyons, the hazards are no less so.

When there's biking events they should close off certain parts of the canyon(s) and make sure that all of the inroads are marked as such WELL BEFORE GETTING DEEP INTO SAID EVENT TERRITORY.

Now I'm not from around here...only been in CO for about 5-6 months. I've never lived in a state where cycling is so prevalent, so I'm admittedly unaccustomed to their presence. But I nonetheless find it utterly baffling why they are afforded so many accomodations on roads that are BUILT FOR MOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION. It's not elitest, it's just damn common sense. Other states I've been in have BIKE LANES where cycling is more common, yet I've seen no such thing here where cycling is INSANE.

I'm all about sharing the road in a fair manner...but it's not. Bikes are afforded all the privileges of motorized vehicles, yet are suddenly pedestrians when it suits their convenience at stop lights. And they run stop signs like they're not even there because it's a MAJOR inconvenience for them to have to come to a complete stop and then start friggin' pedaling again (aren't they cycling for exercise anyway?). I get charged a registration, license fee, and damn ROAD TAX for my motorcycle even though I already paid all that for my wife's car, yet cyclists are totally exempt from any of this. Again, all the priveleges without any of the responsibility.

Now all that venting aside...I really do hope the cyclist that went over is alive and on his/her way to a full recovery.

Yes, bicyclists are slower. No, there's not always room for bike lanes on certain roads (canyons). And yes they are public roads. You pay more because you actually cause wear and tear on the road. I can't imagine a bicycle causing much wear and tear.

They're not allowed on interstates because those are limited access roadways. However, many places are very lenient on touring persons as rare as they are on interstates.

They should not be a hazard on canyon roads (since that's what we're talking about) if you're going the speed limit. If you ARE going the speed limit you will have plenty of time to notice them ahead of you or to notice a car giving them space in a legal passing zone. This should all be thought of just the same as a new or elderly driver taking their time which is completely legal and often prudent (if not extremely annoying, but nobody has a right to legitimately complain about that).

Do NOT lump all cyclists together unless you think it's fair for the public to assume you're the guy doing wheelies down I-25 all night at 120 mph. Those that run stop signs, red lights, go to the front of the line of traffic at lights are NOT following the rules and should be ticketed. In no way am I defending them.

Yes, CO has an insane number of cyclists who wish to enjoy public lands and roadways just as much as all of us. Maybe you should learn a little paitence?

PunyJuney
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM

+1, bicycle plates with numbers for accountability and fee for bike lanes.

We pay for 4 motor vehicles, and barely use any of them. My bike has more mileage than either of our cars. The fees we must pay are in no way related to road "wear and tear". If that were the case I'd only need to pay a fraction of what we shell out. Tax is based on vehicle value, not weight, the type of driving you do, your mileage, or any other measure of use. It's a cash grab, pure and simple. We have some of the nicest roads in this state, so something must be working.

If anyone wants to proactively avoid cyclists here's a website that outlines the bike paths that they promote. Most of them are roads with cars, so look out! http://www.coloradobicyclerides.com/rides/coloradoMap.html
All of these roads would benefit from a cyclist lane. I'm certainly not opposed to my road tax dollars contributing to bike lanes either. It would make it safer for everyone.

Here are their planned events (good places to avoid on a motorcycle)
http://www.coloradobicyclerides.com/events/events.html
Now don't say you haven't been warned...there's your sign.

Unfortunately there are no planned events where we can avoid the blue haired old ladies, new drivers, or the asshats going too fast doing a wheelie. Lets hope everyone continues to ride safe and be well enough to continue the bitching on this thread lol.

bornwildnfree
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, bicyclists are slower. No, there's not always room for bike lanes on certain roads (canyons). And yes they are public roads. You pay more because you actually cause wear and tear on the road. I can't imagine a bicycle causing much wear and tear.

They're not allowed on interstates because those are limited access roadways. However, many places are very lenient on touring persons as rare as they are on interstates.

They should not be a hazard on canyon roads (since that's what we're talking about) if you're going the speed limit. If you ARE going the speed limit you will have plenty of time to notice them ahead of you or to notice a car giving them space in a legal passing zone. This should all be thought of just the same as a new or elderly driver taking their time which is completely legal and often prudent (if not extremely annoying, but nobody has a right to legitimately complain about that).

Do NOT lump all cyclists together unless you think it's fair for the public to assume you're the guy doing wheelies down I-25 all night at 120 mph. Those that run stop signs, red lights, go to the front of the line of traffic at lights are NOT following the rules and should be ticketed. In no way am I defending them.

Yes, CO has an insane number of cyclists who wish to enjoy public lands and roadways just as much as all of us. Maybe you should learn a little paitence?

I have a rule of thumb, I will be as polite as the bicyclist is to me. Most bicyclists are very polite and try not to cause too many problems, just like most motorcyclists are pretty cool. I have no problem slowing down and waiting to pass safely when they are riding the white line and being polite. I also try and give as much clearance as possible. We all want to enjoy the mountain roads and I fully respect that.

However, coming around a blind curve at the speed limit (I'm not fast enough to take the decreasing radius curves any faster) only to find 4 bicycles riding side by side right in front of me is not a happy situation. Thankfully every time it's happened, there's been enough room to go into the other lane, but then they flip me off as if I've done something wrong when I honk at them.
I have had many discussions with bicyclists about motorcycles buzzing them. Colorado law requires me to give you 3' of clearance between my vehicle and yours. 3 feet is three tiles on the grocery store floor or the average length of a mans arm. I'm not buzzing you. I am usually giving you more than the required clearance. Don't flip me off. Learn what 3' looks like.
This has happened at least once a weekend since summer started. A bicycle will be pulling up on the bicycle in front of it and go to pass, but not look behind them and come right out in front of me. Good thing I anticipated that you were going to do that and slowed down so as not to run you over. I get it. It's hard work climbing the mountains which is why I have a motor, but you are not on a race track or a closed course. You are on a public road with vehicles who are much heaver than you. If I hit you, we both go down but I'm in full gear and you're in spandex. I'll be really angry and you'll be on your way to the hospital. Bicycles need to remember that bicycle vs any other vehicle, they lose the worst.
It's all about attitude and I am more than willing to share the road, but you have to be willing too as well. It's all about causing a minimal amount of hassle and danger to those around you and apologizing when you screw up and almost get someone killed instead of flipping them off.

Filo
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Most bicyclists also own cars, hence they DO pay for the road. It isn't going to kill you to take an extra 10 seconds out of your life to pass them safely. Take a deep breath and relax.

I have hit 55 mph on my bicycle - down hill with a tail wind - and have had to slow for cars...

Now, for those asshats who run red lights and ride 3 abreast and the wrong way down streets - for those folks I can see the point. Those folks are being a hazard just for the fun of it.

Ghost
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I have a rule of thumb, I will be as polite as the bicyclist is to me. Most bicyclists are very polite and try not to cause too many problems, just like most motorcyclists are pretty cool. I have no problem slowing down and waiting to pass safely when they are riding the white line and being polite. I also try and give as much clearance as possible. We all want to enjoy the mountain roads and I fully respect that.

However, coming around a blind curve at the speed limit (I'm not fast enough to take the decreasing radius curves any faster) only to find 4 bicycles riding side by side right in front of me is not a happy situation. Thankfully every time it's happened, there's been enough room to go into the other lane, but then they flip me off as if I've done something wrong when I honk at them.
I have had many discussions with bicyclists about motorcycles buzzing them. Colorado law requires me to give you 3' of clearance between my vehicle and yours. 3 feet is three tiles on the grocery store floor or the average length of a mans arm. I'm not buzzing you. I am usually giving you more than the required clearance. Don't flip me off. Learn what 3' looks like.
This has happened at least once a weekend since summer started. A bicycle will be pulling up on the bicycle in front of it and go to pass, but not look behind them and come right out in front of me. Good thing I anticipated that you were going to do that and slowed down so as not to run you over. I get it. It's hard work climbing the mountains which is why I have a motor, but you are not on a race track or a closed course. You are on a public road with vehicles who are much heaver than you. If I hit you, we both go down but I'm in full gear and you're in spandex. I'll be really angry and you'll be on your way to the hospital. Bicycles need to remember that bicycle vs any other vehicle, they lose the worst.
It's all about attitude and I am more than willing to share the road, but you have to be willing too as well. It's all about causing a minimal amount of hassle and danger to those around you and apologizing when you screw up and almost get someone killed instead of flipping them off.

On that Saturday when I rode Squaw and there was the bicycle charity ride, I was particularly cautious since I knew there'd be bikes everywhere.

The event had posted NUMEROUS signs warning motorists of the bikes, AND they posted just as many signs stating "Bicycles Stay Right, Ride Single File".

Yet, unsurprisingly, I find clump after clump of bikes, 2-3 abreast, wobbling all over the uphill sections, passing their event's OWN signs to ride SINGLE File...

But, when I go around them, keeping to the 3' so I don't have to tarry in the oncoming lane more than I have to, I'm suddenly the bad guy who's getting flipped off by the bicyclists...

Yes, it's anecdotal, but it was Their Event and Their Rules and even then they can't be bothered to follow them...yet we're the assholes?

Most bicyclists also own cars, hence they DO pay for the road.

Not for using their Bike, they pay only for using something else, what would be fair would be to charge them and make them plate their bikes like everything else on the road.

Your argument is like saying "I pay for one car, why should I have to pay for all of them? Or my motorcycle? Or my scooter?"

Filo
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Your argument is like saying "I pay for one car, why should I have to pay for all of them? Or my motorcycle? Or my scooter?"

You already don't need to get a plate for a scooter under 50cc that doesn't go over 30. So now you are going to plate a bicycle but not a scooter? That doesn't seem equitable.

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'll agree with what's being said. There are pompous, arrogant, asshole cyclists who think that they are better than anyone on the planet. But it's just like sportbikers. If I judged the majority of sportbike riders on the jackass' that race down Sheridan at midnight or squid it up in Boulder, I'd probably hate sportbikers too. Come to think of it, maybe I do hate sportbikers? Just sayin'

AOK303
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Link? Still can't find it, I'm thinking he's not dead.

when i get on my comp ill look for it, on my evo takes too much time

brennahm
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
All the complaints I'm hearing are about the cyclists who DON'T follow the rules. Shouldn't the discussion be on enforcement and not what a bunch of dicks cyclists are?

Not to mention, everyone here is complaining about someone on the roadway taking a matter of seconds out of their day. What about the cagers who get held up behind a big group of loud bikes? Or the ones who get scared when some asshole on a sportbike passes on a double yellow at twice the speed limit? Or the bikers who fly down the highways in front of their houses/properties causing noise and fear for pulling out of their driveways?

Try walking a mile...

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
http://sf.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bike_hate_2

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Come to think of it, maybe I do hate sportbikers? Just sayin'

Yesssssssssssssssssssss let the KTM fuel your hate.

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssss let the KTM fuel your hate.:spit:

Sean
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Looks like cyclists have the same problem that motorcyclists do, people turning left in front of them. If they don't see motorcycles, they sure as hell aren't going to see a bicyclist. And unfortunately, cyclists don't have the ability to stop as fast as motorcycles, otherwise this may have turned out differently. The one basic similarity that we have with cyclists, is safety. So instead of seeing the differences, maybe look at the similarities too.

RIP in rider. Link (http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_18299879)

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Looks like cyclists have the same problem that motorcyclists do, people turning left in front of them. If they don't see motorcycles, they sure as hell aren't going to see a bicyclist. And unfortunately, cyclists don't have the ability to stop as fast as motorcycles, otherwise this may have turned out differently. The one basic similarity that we have with cyclists, is safety. So instead of seeing the differences, maybe look at the similarities too.

RIP in rider. Link (http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_18299879)

Sorry, but this only fuels the reasoning that they should stay off of major roads.

BHeth
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'm all about sharing the road in a fair manner...but it's not. Bikes are afforded all the privileges of motorized vehicles, yet are suddenly pedestrians when it suits their convenience at stop lights. And they run stop signs like they're not even there because it's a MAJOR inconvenience for them to have to come to a complete stop and then start friggin' pedaling again (aren't they cycling for exercise anyway?).

Yeah, brother! Spend a noon hour in DTC and you can watch as much of this behavior as you want. Bunch of morons who seem to think it's the Tour de France and we all know to get out of their way.

jrthomas6
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Deer Creek always seems to be a bit sandy on the way down too.

GSXRJOHNNY
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM
As a former "very serious" cyclist, even when I rode within every law and rule of the road and then some, I never had so many close calls with cars or motorcycles as I did on my bicycle. While training for masters road national champs on a very early Sunday morning ride I was struck by a car. The lady pulled put in front of my group of 4 brightly dressed cyclist that were going about 25 mph (the limit was 30 mph there). I could not stop and impacted the side of the car. The results were 13 surgeries over the years to repair the damages. I went back to cycling as soon as I could, but it changed me forever. From that day, 12 years ago I have lived in pain every minute of every hour of every day and will until the day I die. Was I doing anything wrong? No! Was I riding on a busy street? NO! My crime was that the driver of the car was late for church and continued to complain to the Hiway patrol about this fact as he wrote a fist full of tickets to her, we had the right of way and even saw her stop for her stop sign. I was able to get up and walk over to her car (not feeling the injuries yet) to let her know I was ok and not to worry too much. She chewed me out! So, I sued the hell out of the bitch!! But that money did not ease the pain one bit. Also, it contributed to a loss of a career, a marriage and increadible health (mainly due to the benifits of cycling). So even though you hate the ones riding like asses, don't for a minute think of doing them harm. The price they will pay far exceeds the crime. What is needed is more education of the group as a whole. It's not just the noobs, but the the elite as well. These ride promoters of the charity rides need to police the events better and this way keep the riders out of the way of motorist. I am a sport bike rider, a cyclist (less on the road now days), and i can tell you for a fact that I feel 200 times safer on my motorcycle than on my road bicycle. On the bicycle your moving so slow and cars and motorcycles are moving so fast that sometimes you just don't have time to react. You can bet the motorists are most always going above the limit and have less time to notice you. As for the 3 feet of space the law allows, well, when a motorcycle comes that close to you going even 40mph and your deep in concentration peddling your butt off, it tends to scare you just a bit. So if you get flipped off it may be due to the fact that you just scared the crap out of them and it is a little upsetting at times. As for a group taking up the road 3 or 4 abreast, call the police and get some tickets written to these a-holes, they know better!! Hit them where it hurts the most, the pocket book. We all carry cell phones right and your doing it to protect them from themselves, so don't feel guilty about it. One last thing here, if you see cyclist on YOUR road, expect to see more, DUH!!! I could go on forever here. So take your shots now, I can take it, i have good meds!!! :loop:

GuitarX
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thought this was a timely little news flash. Looks like the cyclists are pissing off more than just motorcyclists. If it was just us, nothing would happen. If they piss off the population at large, perhaps something will be done.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12490036?obref=obnetwork

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
LOL Gary...how "timely" is it?

Posted: 05/31/2009 11:25:12 AM MDT
Updated: 05/31/2009 02:57:01 PM MDT

GuitarX
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
LOL Gary...how "timely" is it?

Ha! Put it this way..."my seeing it" was timely to the discussion. Y'all are too damn technical. :loop: