PDA

View Full Version : good shop for jacket shopping?

another_R1
Mon May 16th, 2005, 04:41 PM
hello all.

So I went out shopping for a leather sport jacket on saturday, and there are almost none to be found in the springs...Apex usually has tons, but the lady said that they are still shopping for reasonable prices, so pickins were slim.

soooo, im going to look in Denver, but I dont want to drive all over the place, so your help is appreciated.

What shops in Denver have the best selection? I want to be able to try on a few, which is why im willing to drive rather than look online.

Im looking for a leather sport jacket, fairly armored, much like the top half of a racing suit. in black and grey. and I want to spend bw 200 - 300 bucks.

Im NOT looking for Joe Rocket gear! so please dont direct me to a shop that carries mostly Joe Rocket (i think its horrible quality)

Thanks in advance!

RIDE ON!

rybo
Mon May 16th, 2005, 05:14 PM
R1

I highly recommend new enough, it's online, but they have given me the best customer service I've ever gotten. Paul and the crew down there know their sizing well and based on a few measurements have sent me the right size stuff EVERY time. The prices are really good and they have a wide variety of quality gear to choose from. Right now they have a perforated Teknic armored jacket on sale for under $200 that looks pretty nice. They are also starting to help support our club, so that is another good reason to buy from them.

newenough.com

Good luck

Scott

Boy Scout
Mon May 16th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I highly recommend new enoughDitto. Their exchange policies are excellent as well - All you pay for is shipping.

If you want to try stuff on, Performance Cycle at 1990 S Broadway (about 1.4 miles south of Broadway and I25) might be one place for you to check out.

Scribbler
Mon May 16th, 2005, 08:19 PM
The prices in all the local stores are horrible, but if you want to try stuff on...

Fay Myers - carries a wide selection of Alpinestars, Dainese, MotoGP, Icon and Shift.

Performance - Was just there a few days ago. Mostly Joe Rocket. Some Fieldgear and Icon (but not much). A couple MotoGP, but there were only 1 or 2 jackets and they were obnoxiously large sized.

trackaddict
Mon May 16th, 2005, 08:22 PM
always get my stuff at new enough too. same great experiences as Scott. as long as they have what i am looking for. they will probably have something that will work for you if you're just looking for a street jacket.

another_R1
Mon May 16th, 2005, 09:17 PM
thanks all,
this will help