PDA

View Full Version : Leadville area?

PhL0aTeR
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I have a bit of a fam reunion next week im being blackmailed into going to up there. I think ill probably spend most of my time roasting bones and drowning worms on turquoise, but my cousin might bring his XR, so if thats the case, id like some ideas for some close by trails we can cut out, rip up and be back in a couple hours. We are both street legal, and like adv/singletrack/semitechnical stuff and would rather spend more time in dirt than street.

Thanks in advance! :rock:

asp_125
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
From Leadville? Mosquito Pass to the east. Jeep road, single track, shelf roads, boulder fields....

PhL0aTeR
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
From Leadville? Mosquito Pass to the east. Jeep road, single track, shelf roads, boulder fields....

That fits the bill perfectly, sir! :cheers:

extremepaint
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Mosquito wont be open all the way across for a while there is wheeler lake that is a harder rock crawling trail.

PhL0aTeR
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mosquito wont be open all the way across for a while there is wheeler lake that is a harder rock crawling trail.

Thanks for the heads up, i didnt even think about it not being open. I looked up some info on stay the trail but couldnt find any updates on when it would be open or even that its not all the way open. is there an online resource or do i just have to call? If you are in the area, is it worth riding the area that is open?

looked at some wheeler lake pics, looks like a bunch of jeeps driving down a river... lol

Bueller
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Camp Hale

asp_125
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Also Hagerman Pass which starts west of Turquoise Lake.