PDA

View Full Version : MRA grid size this weekend

tecknojoe
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately I didn't make it out saturday(which I heard was a massive cluster of a day), but today there didn't seem to be too many bikes out there. Was there more yesterday? Are they struggling for racers?

Bueller
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Yesterday wasn't a cluster, mother nature delayed things a bit and Endurance was shortened, we raced in a light rain, but the delay and re arrangement of the schedule gave the Super Street riders a dry track.

I only raced yesterday, but that is what I can afford at this point.

rforsythe
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Kinda bummed I missed the rain race (bike is in pieces), it's a lot of fun to race in. Hopefully I get to use these rain tires at some point this season...

Graphite675
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I didn't think the day was too bad up until the rain came during the OSS race. We had a delay of about an hour then did the LW/MW endurance and it was shortened wet race.
I didn't have rain tires (like most) and was sliding all over the place. Have no love for wet racing:cussing:

jrthomas6
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I thought Saturday was a really good day despite the wind and rain in the afternoon.

spideyrdr
Sun Jun 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
There were a ton of novices in practice on Saturday. Perhaps too many for the combined practices.... but that's a whole other thread.

The races on Saturday seemed well attended, I think, but there were a number of crashes that resulted in a red flag. In light of safety and liability concerns, they are red flagging any race where the ambulance 'rolls'. Sometimes that means the ambulance moved 15 feet off track and they had to stop the race for a bit. Afternoon races were quite a bit delayed and the rain / lightning did not help things.

From my vantage point, which was as far west as you can get, the pits seemed FULL on Saturday. Lots of riders, a good collection of fans, and a group of Superstreet riders.

Sean
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 07:11 AM
We left the races right before the rain got there. Wound up driving through it on the way to Byers. You guys must have gotten nailed! It seemed pretty bad.

The only really big grid we saw was...umm, I think NOVU or NOVO. Not sure, it was about 3:30 pm on Saturday. Two waves at the starting grid. And I think on the last lap, two riders went down in t.8. Hope they are okay!

Bueller
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 07:27 AM
The LW/MW endurance grid was 18 rows deep, 3 wave start. It was my first entry of the year so I was at the very back and couldn't even see the light tree, I just had to go when the other guys did. :lol:

dirkterrell
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
The LW/MW endurance grid was 18 rows deep, 3 wave start. It was my first entry of the year so I was at the very back and couldn't even see the light tree, I just had to go when the other guys did. :lol:

Yep, that happened to me a couple of years ago in the HWEnd race.

I was putting on a bit of a show coming out of turn 6 in Formula 40 on Saturday. I'm way over geared so I was bogging down in second and people were pulling away from me. I got so frustrated that I started dropping into first and going full throttle, pulling some nice wheelies. But down there, none of the spectators could see them. 8)

asp_125
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
^^ Haha, I was taking pics in 5, had I known I'd have pointed the lens your way!

It's nice to see full grids for the health of the MRA. Man after the rain delay and crash delays it made for a looooong day.

rforsythe
Mon Jun 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM

PPIR was about that full as well. I'm curious to see how Pueblo does for numbers, it's historically low but they apparently made some improvements to the track surface, so that may draw out more folks.