PDA

View Full Version : 02 KTM 520 EXC

Wrider
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:52 AM
So who's got experience with these? KTM is a good manufacturer obviously, but looking for people who have experience with this particular model. May have a trade going in the works for one!

Vehicle 1
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I own one and I love the thing. It has loads of power (that can get you in trouble if not careful) and it handles well. I've done normal trails, dirt roads, single track, canyons, hwy... it does it all. I did install a fan and changed the radiator cap since the thing kept pissing coolant, this is apparently a common issue. Try to fix the jetting first though if it ends up happening to you.
I do check/adjust the valves once per season, and change the oil/filters often; these things have barely any oil in them.

Bueller
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Not sure what you want to know. They have an issue with running hot which can be remedied with the "Hard Parts" fan kit. The side stand sucks like it does on all KTM enduros.
Loc-tite kickstart and gearshift bolts.

Wrider
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hmmm ok. I'm basically just trying to find out if it's a decent do-it-all bike which it sounds like it is. Nobody has any major issues with them? And like any KTM of course locktite on those bolts haha.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
gonna have to add one more logo into your avatar buddy! GET IT!!!

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Drink the orange Kool-aid, it tastes good going down. :drink:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
but it's still suzuki yellow when it comes out!!!

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM
but it's still suzuki yellow when it comes out!!!I'm not really sure how I can argue that? :dunno:

Yes, Suzuki's are like urine. Better? :piss:

Wrider
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Lol ok well if it checks out I may have a bike finally...

Aracheon
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not really sure how I can argue that? :dunno:

Yes, Suzuki's are like urine. Better? :piss:

Correction: my Suzuki can run on urine. :D

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Correction: my Suzuki can run on urine. :D
I thought only KLR's could do that? :viking:

Aracheon
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I thought only KLR's could do that? :viking:

The DRZ is almost as ghetto as the KLR. ;)

Sean
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
The DRZ is almost as ghetto as the KLR. ;)
Just cause you own one, buddy! :slappers:

Aracheon
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Just cause you own one, buddy! :slappers:

:no:

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I've had it up to here with the drz hate

____

Aracheon
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I've had it up to here with the drz hate

____

Hey, I love my DRZ. :D

Bueller
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
My 525 was an awesome bike and did many things very well. As a street supermoto it was the best thing I could find to do the conversion to. 6 speed wide ratio tranny makes it a great highway tard, with a top speed of 98mph down the straight of Pueblo with the wheel size adjusted to the measured circumfrence of the 120/70 Oh by the way it is a great track bike w/ street gearing.

Now for the dirt it was arguably the best all around dirtbike I have ridden, unfortunately it is not the funnest. I am a 2 stroke nut and absolutely love the way my 300 rides. The 525 was a very close almost even ride but I stayed with the thrill, couldn't justify 2 dirts and racing this year. I will own another (with an aftermarket kick stand). :)