PDA

View Full Version : Warning!!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Be on the lookout for a new, silver, Dodge Charger, license plate: 022 MRG. It's a CSP car (thanks Erik, I always thought it was Colorado Highway Patrol), and it's got no light bar on top, non-tinted windows, very stealth......and the 425hp Hemi under the hood! He patrols I-25 from what I know. Watch out for him, or pay the price $$.

BC14
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
8)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I've talked to the guy a few times, he lives near some friends. Cool guy.......but all's fair in love and war (and speed enforcement).;)

BC14
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I meant the car, but ok :p

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I meant the car, but ok :p
Hah! Well, I'm not really a huge fan of the new car. I had big-block '68 440 R/T and built 383 '69 cars, and I liked the show car that Mopar had in the mid-'90's (I think) WAAAY better. That car (even built as a 4-dr) was SO much more true to the shape of the second-gen cars that I love. I like the new Challenger a LOT better than the Charger, it's far more true to it's heritage....although typically for a recent Mopar, 500+lbs too heavy......:roll:

BC14
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
It's cool as a cop car, but there are better sedans out there. And nothing beats the old MOPAR's from the 60's-70's... I loved the Roadrunner('69), Challenger('70) and 'Cuda('71). Should've bought a roadrunner(383) when I have the opportunity 10 years ago.

fiveninerzero
Tue Jun 14th, 2011, 11:36 PM
It's a CHP car.

California Highway Patrol? I thought this was Colorado Sportbike Forum?:think:

BC14
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 05:14 AM
It's a CSP car....fixed

Hibs
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I have also seen a silver GMC envoy, no light bars, no decals, no antenna, tinted windows, been busting people in the aurora area.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
And nothing beats the old MOPAR's from the 60's-70's... I loved the Roadrunner('69), Challenger('70) and 'Cuda('71). Should've bought a roadrunner(383) when I have the opportunity 10 years ago.

Which? The brakes, the suspension, the gas mileage, Interior comfort, durability?

Wrider
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 08:34 AM
There's also an El Paso County Sheriff in an unmarked 97 Chevy Lumina Sedan.

Slo
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I saw a friggin CSP Nissan Maxima car a couple months back, I knew they would get some stealthy cars but a maxima?

Wrider
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Springs PD has some newer model Tauruses (Tauri?) as well.

Ricky
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 11:28 AM
The CSP discovered that people don't speed when they see cop cars, and it was lowering revenue generation. This was the only way they could continue to generate the necessary revenue they need to generate more revenue.

sloridr
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Was riding north on 85 yesterday just north of Sedalia and saw a blacked out charger no light bar nothing visible except a black spot light. Dark tint too. Guessing CSP. But don't know for sure.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mods, I think this might be a good sticky, a place for people to post known unmarked revenue-collectors. Try and get plate #'s and as much info as possible. Yes? Thanks.

sloridr
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mods, I think this might be a good sticky, a place for people to post known unmarked revenue-collectors. Try and get plate #'s and as much info as possible. Yes? Thanks.

+1:bow:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM
CSP also has a completely unmarked 07 or newer Siliver Tahoe and Expidition i've seen around.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
yes please, I would like to memorize the plate numbers of all unmarked cop cars on the front range. Because I know I can spot them, read their tag, and ID them as a LEO long before their radar gun busts me. :pointlaugh:

all in good humor - but seriously, seems like a bit of an exorcize in futility.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Arapahoe county had a black F150 last year I have not seen it yet this year. & magnums, chargers, durangos, 4 door impallas, luminas, dont forget about all the detectives & other folks driving the unmarked ....they are on duty & have sworn powers if you're asshat is on to tight......
the good thing about the F150 when I talked to him he was focussing on shitty drivers & cell phone, tailgaters, etc..not speeders, which is actually the attitude & perferred way to patrol from the guys I know.....but they also have to produce tickets each shift ...so...brake out the radargun
...Game On speeders, lane splitters, double yellow passers....we need more people on our team, them fkng scooters need to represent some civil diso....
if this gets a sticky I'll add to the list of locations.
Good on ya! I think we can make a pretty good database. And, also, maybe maps of our favorite routes with known GPS locations pinpointed where they like to sit and, ahem!, collect revenue? ;)

TFOGGuys
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Nothing stealthy about 'em, but:

Aurora's STEP(Strategic Traffic Enforcement Patrol) unit bikes hang out on I70 EB between Pena and Airport during both rush hours.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Good on ya! I think we can make a pretty good database. And, also, maybe maps of our favorite routes with known GPS locations pinpointed where they like to sit and, ahem!, collect revenue? ;)

Someone needs to help you find a job.

I can see a bit of a resemblance

http://ecdn0.hark.com/images/000/002/773/2773/original.jpg

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Someone needs to help you find a job
Yup. Gonna be you? But, hey, this is a very worthwhile thread, unlike the typical internet bullshit chatter. The points you save, may be your own. ;)