PDA

View Full Version : MRA Race #3 Music Video

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Put this together with some of the footage acquired at the race last weekend at HPR. Comments (good and bad) are much appreciated.

http://www.vimeo.com/25153284

Vellos
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Good timing and footage, but shouldn't you give tribute to the artist at the beginning/end like a real music video?

vort3xr6
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Good stuff. Not a huge fan of the washed out desaturation for the entire video, but good composition nonetheless.

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Good timing and footage, but shouldn't you give tribute to the artist at the beginning/end like a real music video?

I was in a hurry. Fixed.

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Good stuff. Not a huge fan of the washed out desaturation for the entire video, but good composition nonetheless.

I agree. This type of sport should have vivid, saturated colors. I had a couple of things I rushed on. There was a cloudy day and some of the footage wasn't white balanced properly so it will take some time to properly color correct it and I just used a treatment preset and would normally dial in my own treatment. I'll put up some footage up without the bleach bypass and see what you think. Thanks for the input.

Snowman
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Some people you're never going to satify unless there are transforming robots in it..

vort3xr6
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I didn't say it was a bad video. It is a great video. The composition is unmatched for this industry. I personally like vivid colors but I am not everybody. Well done sir and don't change a thing on account of me.

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I didn't say it was a bad video. It is a great video. The composition is unmatched for this industry. I personally like vivid colors but I am not everybody. Well done sir and don't change a thing on account of me.

I have thick skin and welcome all input. Constructive criticism is what will ultimately produce something that is a knock out of the park. The more I get the better.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Low end on the audio mix was a little heavy.

Good vid though.

Vellos
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
He asked for comments, I assume so he could reflect and improve his video editing skills from other perspectives. So anyway, no drama llama please.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
video is no longer available? :dunno:

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM
video is no longer available? :dunno:

Should be up in a second. Just updated the audio, it was pretty bad (distorted and what not).

jrthomas6
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I think that's a pretty sweet video!! I love the mix between the pits and the track and the different locations on the track. Very cool, well done!

Finklestein87
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Great composition of different shots. Transitions were great, video quality was great too. I got a little bored in the beginning with the fastforward and same angles with different bikes, but after watching the whole video it fits in nicely.

Overall its a great video

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Should be up in a second. Just updated the audio, it was pretty bad (distorted and what not).

Much better!

KFinn
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Still no video uploaded.... :( never mind.... using old link.

Bueller
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Fun video, will watch again :)

asp_125
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Some people you're never going to satify unless there are transforming robots in it..

.. and explosions, don't forget the explosions.

av8tor75
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Riders with jetpacks....that would be cool too.:vader:

Graphite675
Wed Jun 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Video seems to be off line again?

Never mind, just won't play using firefox?

cromer611
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
this... was.... freakin cool!

duelist13
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Awesome video! Not sure who's working on it, but is the documentary still in the works?

av8tor75
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Awesome video! Not sure who's working on it, but is the documentary still in the works?

Still working on it. There are many individuals putting time in on it now and we all have the goal of making a very high quality documentary.

Anybody that would like to follow the progress can go to the link below. The web page will follow the doc and have pictures/clips as we move forward.

http://www.coldmojofilms.com/currentprojects.htm

Sean
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Nice vid.

Just a thought on some camera views, I've always really liked it when there was a camera at the apex of the corner looking up. That way you get a real feel as to how fast they are going. MotoGP does it all of the time and it's bad ass video!

av8tor75
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Nice vid.

Just a thought on some camera views, I've always really liked it when there was a camera at the apex of the corner looking up. That way you get a real feel as to how fast they are going. MotoGP does it all of the time and it's bad ass video!

We have access to high speed tracking dollies, cranes and rc helicopters but we can't convince the powers that be to use that gear on the track. I can understand, Moto GP crews have really good insurance. Love to experiment on an open track day with some willing victims. Been chompin' at the bit to get some unique footage. I'll try to get my hands on some HD lipstick cameras (our mains are too large) and place them close in at the apex. Maybe just a gopro would surfice, anyway I'll give it a try. Gotta say, it would be SWEEET traveling around the world shooting Moto GP events.

Thanks for the idea.

Sean
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
No, what I was saying, is just put a go pro on the inner apex of a faster corner (t.1 maybe) and tilt it up so it gets the racers whizzing by from an upward looking motion. Like this. Go to 2:35 http://www.metacafe.com/watch/697397/faster_movie_trailer/

Snowman
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 10:29 AM
With all the Gopros about you think we could come up with something

av8tor75
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
No, what I was saying, is just put a go pro on the inner apex of a faster corner (t.1 maybe) and tilt it up so it gets the racers whizzing by from an upward looking motion. Like this. Go to 2:35 http://www.metacafe.com/watch/697397/faster_movie_trailer/

I'm picking up what you're laying down now.

asp_125
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
With all the Gopros about you think we could come up with something

I did this last season with the GoPro, but even 2ft off the edge of track wasn't close enough. The wide angle makes T5 seem like a straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5NY2dd1FM

av8tor75
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I did this last season with the GoPro, but even 2ft off the edge of track wasn't close enough. The wide angle makes T5 seem like a straight.

Weird, never seen bikes lean over while going straight lol. I want to get rc heli footage so bad. There is no motorcycle coverage of this kind. Here is a link to a vid my buddy did with an rc helicopter.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Jxm7E87xgLM

asp_125
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Shaweeet! I *think* MRA doesn't allow airborne RC during a race is the possibility of a rider/plane collision if the aircraft goes down for some reason. That said, if you rent the track for a private test session it's your event, your rules.

Ghost
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Still working on it. There are many individuals putting time in on it now and we all have the goal of making a very high quality documentary.

Anybody that would like to follow the progress can go to the link below. The web page will follow the doc and have pictures/clips as we move forward.

http://www.coldmojofilms.com/currentprojects.htm

Awesome. Bookmarked! And ready to assist as/when/if needed ;)

Bueller
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Or possibly the Chicane day might present aerial photography opportunity. It wouldn't be racing but would be Colorado Sportbike action.