PDA

View Full Version : Racers with VP 4.4

brennahm
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 01:06 PM
So, HYPOTHETICALLY if there were some guys running VP 4.4 in their bikes is there any chance some of it would be for sale?

Now, that fuel is illegal in CO and I'm sure everyone here is completely law abiding, but IF they had it, WOULD they please PM me?

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Really? And what would you need it for?

brennahm
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM
There may be a couple guys locally who would potentially be running a certain hillclimb. Thought there would be a few outlaws in the MRA looking to unload some spare pails.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM
If you are doing Pikes peak, I want to come watch. Dick.

FZRguy
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Local dealer:
Denver, CO - Shoco Oil Co.
Phone: 303-289-1677
Fax: 303-289-1379

FZRguy
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.shocooil.com/index.php

brennahm
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
No offense John but...no, offense intended. They sell U4.E. Please man, I'm not a complete jackass.

FZRguy
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Site says they sell VP Racing Fuels. I don't see anything re which flavors they carry. :dunno:

Wrider
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Now, that fuel is illegal in CO and I'm sure everyone here is completely law abiding, but IF they had it, WOULD they please PM me?

Denver, CO

See the connection now???

FZRguy
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Gottcha. Looking at the VP site under Fuels/Motorcycle/MxSxOffRoad, I count 19 diff moto fuels. The MRX01 looks interesting. Maybe that one is avail in CO, or is it b/c of the lead that it's illegal? What does HPR sell?

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motocross-racing-fuel.html

longrider
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 05:42 AM
The problem with 4.4 is it uses MTBE which is illegal in Colorado. Colorado has no rules on lead except you cant use leaded fuel on the street.

HPR sells Sunoco fuels at a very reasonable $8.xx a gallon

FZRguy
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Performance Cycle has VP110, C12 and U4E.

rforsythe
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
The problem with 4.4 is it uses MTBE which is illegal in Colorado. Colorado has no rules on lead except you cant use leaded fuel on the street.

MTBE is illegal to sell in CO. Not sure about just using it, if you happened to have some. The issue was with the chemical leaking out of processing plants and making a royal environmental mess IIRC, but I am not up on how extensive the law is (i.e. just sale of it, or if it extends to use as well).

UglyDogRacing
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
there is a good supply of U4.4 in town at the moment for a certain national event next weekend. there may be some leftover....

cromer611
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Gottcha. Looking at the VP site under Fuels/Motorcycle/MxSxOffRoad, I count 19 diff moto fuels. The MRX01 looks interesting. Maybe that one is avail in CO, or is it b/c of the lead that it's illegal? What does HPR sell?

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motocross-racing-fuel.html

MTBE is why they cant sell certain fuels.

if u want race fuel, cut off your least important limb to sell on the black market, you will need some dough. buy some MR12(lower octane makes more power up here at a mile high)
take it to faster and get a tune to it. and go ride.

remember, race fuel is just like the money u bought it with, it burns :roll:

cromer611
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Octane= the speed and ability in which a fuel burns. IE 85pump gas will burn faster and more complete than sunoco 100 octane fuel.
a high comp motor will squeeze 85 pump gas until it detonates from the heat/pressure it generates, Detonation.
a stock comp motor will try to burn a high octane fuel but wont burn all of it. End result- a LOSS in power and a shit tone of Hydrocarbons(unburnt fuel)

unless you have some motorwork done to your bike, you are better off buying 85 pump gas, you will make more power on pump. same with the fuel at vickery, its 110 octane doesnt do shiet if you dont have compression to burn that slow of a burning fuel.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469685.html
Mr12=87 octane, the best fuel to burn in a motor without high comp. it just costs a arm and a leg.

rforsythe
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Octane= the speed and ability in which a fuel burns. IE 85pump gas will burn faster and more complete than sunoco 100 octane fuel.
a high comp motor will squeeze 85 pump gas until it detonates from the heat/pressure it generates, Detonation.
a stock comp motor will try to burn a high octane fuel but wont burn all of it. End result- a LOSS in power and a shit tone of Hydrocarbons(unburnt fuel)

unless you have some motorwork done to your bike, you are better off buying 85 pump gas, you will make more power on pump. same with the fuel at vickery, its 110 octane doesnt do shiet if you dont have compression to burn that slow of a burning fuel.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469685.html
Mr12=87 octane, the best fuel to burn in a motor without high comp. it just costs a arm and a leg.

While you are correct that octane is a burn inhibitor, the Sunoco fuel is also oxygenated which increases power. I've talked to people running it that report a definite power boost running the oxygenated fuel even with higher octane.

Just getting high octane gas without any other chemical benefits will, as you indicate, actually take power away. But higher octane can be overcome depending on what it's being mixed with.

FZRguy
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Define high comp motor.....11:1, 12:1, 13:1?

rforsythe
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Depends on the motor. In general, a stock motor here can run low octane pump gas even if it's marked for premium, since the lower oxygen density in our high-altitude air has a compression reducing effect in terms of what the motor experiences. If you've increased the compression over stock, you may need higher-octane fuel at that point.

brennahm
Sun Jun 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks Bulldog, that's a REALLY good idea that neither I nor the gentlemen seeking said fuel had thought of. Problem is, that's the weekend the fuel would be needed.